You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was reading something the other day comparing Miliband as Labour leader and Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock as labour leaders in the 80's. Basically saying they were unelectable and so is he.

I'm too young to remember Foot and Kinnock properly so don't know if the comparison is true, but I can't see Miliband ever being elected. Take this from today, he should be a lot more popular than he is considering the fuck up the coalition are making of everything.

Kinnock was to welsh and foot was too left wing. Miliband is unelectable because he is a cunt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He has more than a touch of the wet farts about him, but most people who'll vote for him don't even really know who he is. I still suspect that's part of the game plan, but it doesn't really matter if it isn't. A fart, as wet as he is, is more than capable of winning a big victory next election. In my opinion, of course.

He has more than a touch of the wet farts about him, but most people who'll vote for him don't even really know who he is. I still suspect that's part of the game plan, but it doesn't really matter if it isn't. A fart, as wet as he is, is more than capable of winning a big victory next election. In my opinion, of course.

Well, he won't be getting my vote. the one I can't cast.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Nope. I have no idea who I would vote for though. Certainly not the Tories or their lapdogs, the Lib Dems. I would probably have to eat my polling card.

This is the thing. Labour will default a load of votes, mainly from those making noises about him being a wet lettuce. Like me. And from those who votes LD last time around (not the members). It won't take much more than a good appearance at the live debates, and some propagandistic speech, and he'll have it in the bag. That and 'if you want rid of the Tories and LDs, then vote for us'. Plus, there's some pretty talented politicians on his side of the fence.

If he can beat his own brother in a forgone conclusion, he can beat the Tories and LDs when he's ahead. I reckon so. Is he my ideal politician? Fuck no. Do I have much of a choice? Not really.

That's it what it boils down to, I'm not taken with him at all but I don't dislike him enough to vote Yellow or Blue. Suppost I could throw a vote to the greenies, I quite like Caroline Lucas, but then you risk the Conservatives staying in again. It's all a bit shit really.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That's it what it boils down to, I'm not taken with him at all but I don't dislike him enough to vote Yellow or Blue. Suppost I could throw a vote to the greenies, I quite like Caroline Lucas, but then you risk the Conservatives staying in again. It's all a bit shit really.

It's massively shit. Thing is, he is quite clearly in quiet mode at the moment. At times, he has come out and led the way. If he can do that come election time, I can see him having quite a good backing over the two parties in government.

The sad fact is that, ideally you would argue that Labour will become an electable force if they can engage the sizable minority who do not vote, rather than focus (as is the norm) in the middle, or the undecided minority.

Realistically though, it is the middle, or undecided minority that holds sway in key seats, that neither the Tories or Labour can do without.

For all our political viewpoints, if you take ten people four of whom are Labour Supporters, four of whom are Conservative supporters, it is the remaining two who hold all the aces, and subsequently all efforts are focussed upon getting their votes!

The problem is that this isn't done by persuading them to vote, Tory or Labour it is done by diluting the philosophy so that it becomes palatable to those two!

The alternative, similar to what Obama managed to achieve is that you increase those ten voters to 12 and find your majority there, which goes back to the first point about what you would ideally hope that Labour could do.

The fact Labour is hedging its bets in many ways shows it hasn't learned from its mistakes. I once heard the New Labour machine described as 'designed purely for winning elections' and while I think that's a bit harsh, it did definitely try to be all things to all men with all the problems that creates.

I'd personally have a lot more respect for a party that just sets out its ideals and stands by them, unfortunately that's a thing of the past.

Labour doesn't even seem to have a left wing now and the left leaning MPs seemingly swerved the leadership election, not interested, make of that - and what they think the future and attitude of the electorate is - what you will.

Anyone else going to be affected by the new proposed boundary changes?

here we had a new constituency at the last election but they are planning to split this constituency in two and take bits from others.

However they are not doing this in anyway that makes sense geographically.

What it does do is create two seats with a 'rural weighting' rather than just one.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The fact Labour is hedging its bets in many ways shows it hasn't learned from its mistakes. I once heard the New Labour machine described as 'designed purely for winning elections' and while I think that's a bit harsh, it did definitely try to be all things to all men with all the problems that creates.

I'd personally have a lot more respect for a party that just sets out its ideals and stands by them, unfortunately that's a thing of the past.

But you'll still vote for them over Tory and LDs, won't you? Be honest.

Labour doesn't even seem to have a left wing now and the left leaning MPs seemingly swerved the leadership election, not interested, make of that - and what they think the future and attitude of the electorate is - what you will.

The Labour Party definitely has a left wing. Unfortunately, they seemed to think Miliband was very left wing. If he is, he's doing a grand job of hiding it.

here we had a new constituency at the last election but they are planning to split this constituency in two and take bits from others.

However they are not doing this in anyway that makes sense geographically.

What it does do is create two seats with a 'rural weighting' rather than just one.

Look who has most of the rural constituencies,I'll guess its the tories.

Some odd choices for sure. I understand the need to equalise the size of constituencies and eliminate the inbuilt Labour bias that exists, but I think there will be some major revisions to the proposals.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Absolutely. I'd vote for anyone over that shower.

And more fool us for doing it, but it's the only thing that seems to make sense. Which is worrying.

And more fool us for doing it, but it's the only thing that seems to make sense. Which is worrying.

True.

I seriously think someone should investigate the possibility of starting a Facebook party. Would be a piece of piss, you could just get everyone to take photos of themselves while they're voting and post it online.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In what way is he 'horrendous'? Nick Griffin is horrendous. Cameron is pretty bad, but even he is struggling to reach 'horrendous'. Miliband is just a bit like a stale digestive. You know, like you get at the top of the packed when you've not sealed them up properly.