You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Disagree with this completely. Worst Labour leader? Maybe but not worst political leader.

I raise you William Hague and Ian Duncan Smith (who?)

I think he's worse than both. Hague was pretty sharp at PM Question time as I recall. Smith was pretty dull yeah, but he's not in this fucking gimps class; he's got an open goal and all he can do is fall all over his laces, he's a tit.

Ed Miliband is fucking awful. He should be making hay with the Conservatives. Cutting those deserved public sector pensions, unemployment rising in June, mortgages down, and on-and-on. And yet he is getting spanked by weak-sauce Cameron. Woeful.

The problem is that Labour leaders have got to be so much better than the tory leaders as the burden of proof seems to have to fall on to labour to be elected,agree with Section saying we are generally a tory middle class country outside the cities.

And following both Blair,who was a very sharp and charismatic man and Brown who was less so but a lot brighter than he looked,makes his job almost impossible.

I always thought his brother would get the job because he is more electable,especially being associated with Blair who charmed middle England.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Getting spanked by Cameron? Nonsense. He regularly makes Cameron - perhaps the worst leader I've ever seen - look as stupid as he is.

He is getting spanked by members of his own party lately, and quite rightly so.

Getting spanked by Cameron? Nonsense. He regularly makes Cameron - perhaps the worst leader I've ever seen - look as stupid as he is.

He is getting spanked by members of his own party lately, and quite rightly so.

I think he gets bullied by him tbh. Which is shameful given how shite Cameron is.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think he gets bullied by him tbh. Which is shameful given how shite Cameron is.

He has quite easily 'won' the last two. That said, it's not really much of praise to say that. A retarded retard wearing a backwards leotard could smack Cameron about at the moment. It's not like there's not enough ammo.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Miliband doesn't need to do anything.

The Conservatives will contribute to their own downfall.

This past 12-14 months really has been 'Oh, so the Conservatives are back', hasn't it? Strikes, riots, violence. Labour's fault. Leftist politics fault. We need a revolution. That sounds ridiculous, but everything is totally fucked. Not just this government, but the political system as a whole. Kings, dictators, wealth in the hands of the few with the most... what is this, 1600?

I think we might well see the global uprising that Sec. predicted, but it won't be for the same reason - well, it will, but in a broader sense of injustice. It'll be because everybody is getting fucked, but all in different ways.

This past 12-14 months really has been 'Oh, so the Conservatives are back', hasn't it? Strikes, riots, violence. Labour's fault. Leftist politics fault. We need a revolution. That sounds ridiculous, but everything is totally fucked. Not just this government, but the political system as a whole. Kings, dictators, wealth in the hands of the few with the most... what is this, 1600?

I think we might well see the global uprising that Sec. predicted, but it won't be for the same reason - well, it will, but in a broader sense of injustice. It'll be because everybody is getting fucked, but all in different ways.

Section is 100% correct, it will happen when the majority have nothing left; and the way things are going that won't be too far away.

He has quite easily 'won' the last two. That said, it's not really much of praise to say that. A retarded retard wearing a backwards leotard could smack Cameron about at the moment. It's not like there's not enough ammo.

The thing is though NV, he may be nailing Cameron but hardly anyone knows it. He owned Cameron Yesterday in PMQ on the NHS, then Cameron says something along the lines of ' you are only going on about the NHS because your party is in the pocket of the unions and you can't talk about the issues affecting people in tomorrows strike '

Watching the news on the BBC later on and the only clip they showed was Cameron putting Milliband down. Made no mention at all about what Milliband said on the NHS.

No one I know is turning against the coalition because of anything Milliband is doing; they are turning against them because they are fucking themselves up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The thing is though NV, he may be nailing Cameron but hardly anyone knows it.

It's a fair point, mate. The exposure of the Labour party is fucking woeful at the moment. His stupid comments are the ones that people hear about.

An odd situation in that Ed sees to exude no authority or presence. The way he was elected leads me to have less faith in him...

But deep down I don't think he's the qualities required to be a party leader - and it'll require more than the nose op.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a really dearth in potential leaders in that party? I think Miliband seems a decent enough fella and I actually agree that he's not done too bad against Cameron PMQs recently, but I think it's a case of his face not fitting and the media capitalising on this. To be fair, I don't think he's helped himself at times with the whole 'squeezed middle' shite he's been peddling as the country burns and he's obviously not helped by the murmurings in his own party, but he'll never be PM in a million years.

The obvious electable candidate is David, but he just strikes me as 'Blair Lite', to be honest.

I was scratching my head today who I could envisage as a Labour leader, and the only one who filled me with any real confidence was Chuka Umunna; who has really impressed me whenever I've seen him on Question Time. His age obviously counts against him though and I couldn't see him getting the gig for a few years. I'd like to see him throw his name into the hat if Miliband was ever ousted, however.

It's a fair point, mate. The exposure of the Labour party is fucking woeful at the moment. His stupid comments are the ones that people hear about.

It's a fucking horrid thought but a labour leader has to attract the votes of Daily Mail and s*n readers to ever become PM.

The Mail and the scum decided before he was ever elected leader they'd never want him as PM and will go out of their way to stop it from happening.

I just hope Mandy is correct.

Miliband doesn't need to do anything.

The Conservatives will contribute to their own downfall.

I think that's wishful thinking. The tories have used the LibDems to detoxify themselves with the center right claimed by Blair. Now they are provoking confrontation with the 'left' as they would see it and following a simple narrative of 'it was the left that broke the country in the first place and now look at them trying to stop us repairing it'. Croydon voters will be lapping this up.

Cameron clearly is a bit of chinless wonder bred for leadership but in many ways so is Ed. He's hardly an intellectual giant.

If anything I'd say Ed is leading us to a Tory majority in 3-4 years time.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a really dearth in potential leaders in that party? I think Miliband seems a decent enough fella and I actually agree that he's not done too bad against Cameron PMQs recently, but I think it's a case of his face not fitting and the media capitalising on this. To be fair, I don't think he's helped himself at times with the whole 'squeezed middle' shite he's been peddling as the country burns and he's obviously not helped by the murmurings in his own party, but he'll never be PM in a million years.

The obvious electable candidate is David, but he just strikes me as 'Blair Lite', to be honest.

I was scratching my head today who I could envisage as a Labour leader, and the only one who filled me with any real confidence was Chuka Umunna; who has really impressed me whenever I've seen him on Question Time. His age obviously counts against him though and I couldn't see him getting the gig for a few years. I'd like to see him throw his name into the hat if Miliband was ever ousted, however.

Correct; as I've said from day one, he's the Hodgson of politics, in short a fucking disaster. I will honestly and genuinely stride buck naked along Church Street the Friday after he becomes PM, it will never, ever, ever happen.

I quite like Alan Johnson, he was on This Week last Thursday and seems extremely intelligent and likeable.

Good shout. I quite like him as well actually. Think he's spewed front line politics though after all the shite with his missus coming to light though, hasn't he?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nobody is going to vote for AJ. What people want is a Tony Blair or Barack Obama, in terms of delivery. As long as that is mixed with a Tony Benn under the mask, I'm all right.

Good shout. I quite like him as well actually. Think he's spewed front line politics though after all the shite with his missus coming to light though, hasn't he?

Yeah he did, not sure what his status is now though.

Nobody is going to vote for AJ. What people want is a Tony Blair or Barack Obama, in terms of delivery. As long as that is mixed with a Tony Benn under the mask, I'm all right.

I'm not so sure about that, I think he's got enough about him. He's deffo not cut from the same cloth as Clegg and Cameron et al, but he's got enough personality there to convince plenty IMO.

The Obama thing is a good shout though, I reckon they're grooming this fella.

chuka_umunna_1.jpg

Chuka Umunna. He's an aid to Ed Miliband, I saw him on Questiontime about a year back and he was extremely impressive in all fairness, he's a former employment lawyer and seems very sharp. He seriously needs a nickname though.

[YOUTUBE]Tzr4bBFoPYQ[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd not vote for him. That said, I'm not your typical voter. Clegg and Cameron are so far away from being Barack Obama, or even Blair, that it's unreal. Cameron even more so.