You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cole must go

scooter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha you genuinely think you're some sort of football genius!

compared to 95% of posters on here

i'm the forums answer to pele

people still think we are ok with the likes of cole, lucas and kuyt ......the list goes on

they are average players, and people with a less than average understanding of the game are the ones you think they are good.

this forum is full of many muppets who have 1000's of posts behind them but are just probably computer geeks....

its ok though, i will help everyone one by one.

its already started....

It's bullshit.

There is no way Forest Green Rovers could afford his wages.

i take it all back im sorry

you can be racist again

if this is the best you can do for a joke.......i feel its unfair to subject the rest of the forum to such torture.

stick to the racist ones, they come more naturally to you

;)

due to his wages he isn't going anywhere soon (if ever). Those that could afford him won't buy him, those willing to take a chance can't afford him. Maybe a loan where we still pay some of the wages.

Otherwise he's ours until we can afford to release him and eat the fee.

There is still hope for Cole, but for him to become good and play to his ability he need movement around him, more movement will create just the space he needs to run more at players and play through balls because there will be options and thats what Cole is about chaning directions using other options as one of the factors to trick the opposition.

When you dont have genuine pace and are running at players you need movement around you for it to work, if not its too easy to block the one option you might have.

Just look out for this in Cole`s next game.

I don't get this. You slate Lucas, who gives a shift week in week out. Works hard for the team yet give Cole some leeway because he needs movement around him.

Bollocks to that. Cole is finished, we should never had signed him.

There were 3 or 4 opportunities for him to pass to Johnson out wide last night, who has this pace you talk about, but he ignores him, does his usual cut inside and give the ball away move. He's greedy, thinks he's a match winner on his own, can't cross a ball, can't shoot and is a poor diver. He should hang his head in shame for that pathetic attempt at a swan dive last night.

Fuck him off in the summer, cut our losses and pay out his contract if needs be.

That was a stonewall penalty for me, the defender might have touched the ball a little bit but if he had not stuck his leg out and tripped Cole, then Cole would easily have got to the ball again.

It was as clear a penalty as the Kyrigiakos one in the first half for me.

I cant fault his workrate,he was one of our better players on the night which doesnt say much but its just not happening for him at the moment.

I would give him a bit more time myself before writing him off because attacking options are where we are a bit light at the moment.

As for people advocating 5,6 or 7 new players in the summer to go straight into the first team,that rarely goes well or at least takes a while for those players to gel and another season passes by.

My biggest concern with the current squad is the complete lack of pace and to me that is the priority.

As for Cole,i wont be too bothered if he stays or goes TBH.

That was a stonewall penalty for me, the defender might have touched the ball a little bit but if he had not stuck his leg out and tripped Cole, then Cole would easily have got to the ball again.

It was as clear a penalty as the Kyrigiakos one in the first half for me.

LOL

after this post you have dug your own grave....

this proves you know fuck all about football and even slow motion replays cant help you.

this is also why you think chelsea have a better european record than liverpool....

Why is it people always think like you can have 25 world class 30m players around?

I wish we could but, we are not able to go out, sell 10-15 players, and the buy players to cover them that is world class.

A Joe Cole in form, is a great squad player.

The flaw with your argument is that he is on the wages that a £25-30m player would be on. You simply cannot afford to pay a mere "squad player" something close to £100k per week - you could expect a squad filler to be on half those wages. Joe is one of the top earners in Liverpool and by extension in the PL - so he's not providing value for money, and it's not enough to say that he'd be a good squad player.

He isn't performing for us - just as he didn't perform for Chelsea for two years prior to that. More, how does it makes players like Lucas or Meireles feel when they play week in, week out but he's paid vastly more than they are: it will lead to them clamouring for parity. For the wages Cole is on, this just isn't a sustainable situation for us.

LOL

after this post you have dug your own grave....

this proves you know fuck all about football and even slow motion replays cant help you.

this is also why you think chelsea have a better european record than liverpool....

I did not know there was a rule that said if you touch the ball you are allowed to foul the player afterwards.

Sounds like a fun rule though, give me 10 minutes against the mancs and they would not have many players left.

Never as good as the English meeja liked to make out. The fact he reached 30 and there was still a clamour to play him in the hole, his rightful position, even though it clearly isn't....I think attests to that. Said it at the time, but he signing had all the hallmarks of the Robbie Keane signing.

I think if any sort of offer comes in for him in the Summer we'd be mad not to take it.

Cole is a very expensive luxury. He still has some sort of a reputation and is one of those players who some managers think they might get the best out of him so he may have a decent re-sale value in the summer.

If so, get rid - he is on the slippery slope and we can do way way better for much less wages

Penalty my arse, he fucking dived and nearly knocked himself out by nutting the ground. He wasn't our worst player this evening but considering his experience he was still a big let down and hasn't really shone all season when given a chance. He is both mentally and physically fucked IMO and at his age and time in his career i suspect there won't be a way back. If we can get rid we should...but we might find that hard. He must be laughing his bollocks off about the amount of money he's gonna earn for being shite.

Of course it was a pen, he's knocked the ball forward beaten his man and his man has stopped him from getting to the ball in the area.

Is contact made to impede the player? Yes.

Is the ball still under control or likely to be under control if the player is not impeded? Yes.

Penalty.

He's nearly knocked himself out because he ISN'T diving, if he was the arms come out long before to cushion the fall or even sometimes when players are fouled they have times to cushion the fall, Cole simply didn't because his moment was taking him forward and he's trying to get to that ball to put it in the net.

If you want to tell me Cole shouldn't be a Liverpool player at the end of the season there will be a fair few reasons you can throw at that cause BUT last night he was one of the better players on the pitch along with Carroll and he's not being judged on last night he's being judged for being suspended, injured and too expensive. His injuries he got trying too hard, his suspension he got trying too hard and his price tag he got from a stupid decision by Roy, so none of it is his fault. If he gets a real chance to perform on a consistent basis and doesn't well then that's when he's failed, at the moment, just like Roy, there is nothing impartial about what most people have to say about Cole, a gifted attacking talent who could still have a say in our side and I hope will.