You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua - The forgotten man?

RafaLaBamba

Is Insua completely useless or could he still return here and do well?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is Insua completely useless or could he still return here and do well?

• Yes, he could do well here as he is still young. Especially when deployed as a wing back.
    • No he is completely useless and I personally would'nt want to see him return to Anfield.

Defo have him back, quality on the ball we need depth currently we have our 17.million right back playing left back covered by an 18 year old Scottish centre halve. Yeah he had his defensive flaws but I remember him at villa away last season where he was flawless in defence, he needs to be more disciplined at times as he doesn't have the pace to cover up and down all the time, he was a very good passer combined with a fantastic touch.

Do you remember him at Fulham away, or fiorentina away by any chance? We need a new left back not Insua

Id take him back. He's still young enough to improve.

He's fuckin shit Robbie and he turns like a baby rhino and is not gona get faster, should we take Leto back also, he's quite young also, and he actually plays well these days.

Him and Aqualani haven't torn up any trees in inferior leagues so they be no asset to us, move on

He's fuckin shit Robbie and he turns like a baby rhino and is not gona get faster, should we take Leto back also, he's quite young also, and he actually plays well these days.

Him and Aqualani haven't torn up any trees in inferior leagues so they be no asset to us, move on

Still better than Konchesky.

OK, we had a player, how old? 21? 22? And spent £5million on replacing him with a 29 year old who is arguably a poorer player.

They are both poor defensively, one has a better chance of improving. Going forward Insua looked a better player, even despite last season being his first full season playing in a league and a style of football far removed to what he was used to back in Argentina.

Just because the replacement was shite and a waste of money, doesn't mean he has to come back. If kenny and Clarke decide they can make a player out of him, and keep him as back up, then fine. Maybe he did get used too much for his age, but I am sceptical. I did have high hopes for him initially, I have to say, but last season he just wasn't anywhere near good enough.

I'd keep him, I quite like him think he could be a good back-up to Aurelio.

Sorry but it is impossible for sum1 to be backup to a player who is injured 80% of the time, they become the primary by default. Both not good enough.......... but at the same time i would rather a dead tramps corpse lie in that part of the pitch than konchesky start there.

we are weak as fook right down the left but hey, whats new, been that way since Barnes.