You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Climate Change, The Environment and Football.

RedinSweden

Fellow forumite Bolo Locks, who, thanks to the power of TLW landed a job at Oxford United, has asked me to post this as he isn't able to post links yet.

here goes:

Hope you can help,

I am working with Oxford Uni to look at how the competitive nature and rivalries we have could be used to ignite others to fight against climate change.

We all know how animated we get during a game, buzzed if we win and angry when we lose and I am looking at how we can take those emotions and apply them to climate change.

Can we use the "must win" mentality from you guys to get Mrs Miggins to change the way she wastes energy and get Mr Banker to not take so many flights because we have to beat the 2 degree rise?

If you could answer my survey (don't worry it's only 5 quick questions) I will get a better insight into your feelings towards climate change at the moment and therefore help baseline how football fans feel about the problem.

SurveyMonkey: Free online survey software & questionnaire tool

Hope you can help and please ask other boarders to do it as well.

Cheers

Bolo locks

PS I am also asking Manure fans to do the same, please make sure we have more responses than them it would be great to beat them twice in a week!

If I was an Oxford United fan, I'd be pretty furious that they are putting their resources in to a climate change study, surely they should be fully focused on reaching the League 2 play-offs?

Hahaha

If I was an Oxford United fan, I'd be pretty furious that they are putting their resources in to a climate change study, surely they should be fully focused on reaching the League 2 play-offs?

They play the mighty Shrewsbury Town on the final day. They had better hope they have it sorted by then because they will get nowt from them.

Climate Change is a symptom of reduced Solar Activity, and we mere mortals cannot influence it one iota. All we can do, is what we have always done when it comes to changes in our environment - adapt to it.

Exclusive: Liverpool forum member reveals the truth about climate change!

Climate Change is a symptom of reduced Solar Activity, and we mere mortals cannot influence it one iota. All we can do, is what we have always done when it comes to changes in our environment - adapt to it.

I'm going with this theory. Adapting is so much easier than changing.

Loving your work guys, all of your comments are useful the project is not to prove climate change it is to see how a football fan deals with it. There is a response from the University team:

The resulting changes we make to reduce our environmental impact dont have to be all bad: faster accelerating cars, less money spent on bills, cleaner air so less hayfever and asthma attacks etc etc.

Climate Change may not be 100% man made but it does represent a problem we need to address, it is how we change and adapt and by how much which will determine how much the planet will change.

_____

Well there you have it, any chances you could do the survey now? RedinSweden's post has the link.

Thanks