You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RedEagle

There is a small element of truth in what they're gibbering on about though. As insidious as Ferguson is, his snidey attempts to gain his team an advantage are just that - he wants to gain an advantage. The real issue should be why the spineless twats at the FA have continually allowed him to get away with it. This could all have been nipped in the bud years ago (and probably 2 or 3 less titles for them) had the FA started threatening to dock points for his antics.

Actually I think there's a simmering resentment of Ginsoak by the hacks. After all, just about all of them have been banned by the bloke and they're sick and tired of it. But he's at the top of the league, and hacks don't turn on someone in that position. They're cowards and they also know it doesn't serve any practical purpose. But I suspect they're delighted Kenny, just about the one manager who isn't intimdated by Ginsoak, is back. It's like kids in a schoolyard who suddenly notice someone isn't scared of the school bully. They'll hold his coat for him soon enough.

true,why would someone waste a few seconds in the middle of the day reading a few posts,i dont know tbh,i must be mad.

more or less as stupid as getting up early on a sunday morning to watch a group of men discussing the morning papers.

you got me.

btw some times the thread title is a give away,some times you dont even have to read the thread to know what its gonna be about.

mad that isnt it.

I think Baconface does everything in order to garner any competitive advantage, and it often works. His trophies prove that.

Pretty certain that Shankly wasn't averse to a bit of "mind games" when it suited him, too.

But Ferguson's megalomania and one-eyed hypocrisy may well have helped them become the best and most successful team of the last 20 years, but has also contributed to them being probably the most hated.

Obviously being successful is usually enough to guarantee unpopularity, but it's very like Don Revie's Leeds. At their best, they were a superb team, with a mixture of grit, skill, style and barbarism, but it was their non-stop ref-conning and kidology that made them so despised.

Revie famously used to brief his players about the referee - his wife, his hobbies, his kids' names, where he went on holiday, all so that a nice, cosy chat could be had in quiet moments. Then, when there's a 50:50 decision came along, guess who got the benefit of the doubt?

In one season, it was estimated that Leeds got 80% of marginal decisions in their favour.

Would we want to go that far?

The guy from The Times (I think, broadsheet anyway) had the most unbelievable eyebrows I have ever seen. They practically bounced up and down his forehead. Very odd.

I actually don't mind programme; it's just a few guys opinions I know, but it's sometimes kinda interesting. Usually it surprises me that tabloid journalists can string a sentence together at all. They are usually not so uber thick as their journalism would appear. It must be weird for them when they write their articles, are they not embarrassed? That guy yesterday from the Mirror may be the exception to this; he really is a moron.

• 7 months later...

Anyone else just been watching?

According to Bluto and some other hack we arent anywhere near the race for top 4 and Spurs will finish 3rd. Stoke could also break the top 4 if they get knocked out of Europe.

Its so funny that programme its unbelieveable.

According to Bluto and some other hack we arent anywhere near the race for top 4 and Spurs will finish 3rd. Stoke could also break the top 4 if they get knocked out of Europe.

Watch "Something for the weekend " on BBC2 instead and get funny sensations down stairs dreaming what you'd do to Louise Redknapp given half a chance.

He really doesn't like us, does he?

Just different opinions. I'd say a lot of neutrals will think Spuds will beat us to 4th spot. And, who knows, they may be right. No chance of Stoke finishing in the top four in my view but, again, just different opinions. They make the world go round!

I really fecking hope we finish in the top 4 this season. CL football next season is crucial on many levels!

Liverpool arent anywhere near the race for top 4

is not an "opinion", it's a statement of extraordinary spite and stupidity.

Of course it's an opinion. You and I may not agree but let's wait until May before writing it off as a statement of spite and stupidity.

The race for the top four is wide open and it wouldn't surprise me if, rather than three going for the one spot - as looks the case right now - come Mar/Apr it was two going for that one spot with one team fallen by the wayside.

Saying that, it is far too early to count out any team in my view and the people writing us off now are probably the same people who were writing off Arsenal a month or so ago.