You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

murphy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that this rumour is abound on the same day that Fellaini gets linked to Real Madrid. Coincidence? I think not.

He must be desperate to believe it as he's posted if anyones heard anything four times in 24 hours so I put that Fellaini link on his comments. Waiting for the bitter to explode now.

Thank god that the Arabs who own City bought them instead of the Shite, them splashing money around and trying to buy Kaka would have brought so many of them out of the woodwork it would have been like a scene from Dawn of the Dead. They'd fuckin love lording it over us and outbidding us for any player. All their irritating "celebrity" fans would suddenly pipe up like Derek Hatton, Amanda Holden, Liz McLarnon and Freddie Starr.

They'd still be obsessed with us though even if they bought 15 players for £20M each, they'd all be writing into the Echo letters page saying how they would be the top club in the city and that they should by rights have the Stanley Park site because they are the only club in the city with money to build it. Prentice would say his "siesmic shift" piece was prophetic.

Big Gay Bill would be in the media comparing their latest signing to some queg who played for them in the early 60's who he watched from the boys pen and telling Rooney that he must regret going to the Mancs as his "first love" will overtake them.

Gollum would get sacked after a season buying shite and playing one up front at home.

Just re-read the chapter on Liverpool from Stuart Maconie's excellent 'Pies and Prejudice' and came across this little nugget,

"I marvel again at the unquenchable ability of football fans to make the best of anything, as Everton's long-overshadowed Bluenoses rebrand themselves the People's Club, proudly displaying community loyalty and pride where the trophies should be".

Beautifully put. And he's a Wiganer - even if he was born in Whiston Hospital.

God, I wish I could write as good as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philbert viewpost.gif

God, I wish I could write as well as that.

I've made a start for you.

That's what a high school education did for me (the same school that David Fairclough went to, by the way; but I doubt he remembers the day when he single-handedly destroyed our 'Class 3E' 5-a-side team in the school tournament - even though we had a four goal start. Fairclough scored 5 goals in three minutes. True story). Anyway, I'm rambling now....

Anyone heard of renewed rumours of a takeover? Few bitters on Facebook getting all excited.

The NESV guy who's interested in Roma should buy them. If they ever qualified for europe they could be conflicted out because our ranking is higher.

Liverpool-born US-based businessman Bernard Mullin linked with Everton FC takeover consortium - News - Everton FC - Liverpool Echo

A US-based executive who was president of NBA basketball team Atlanta Hawks was today linked with seeking a consortium to buy out Everton.

Liverpool-born businessman Bernard Mullin, who is a life-long Evertonian, was reported to have met leading shareholders in the club and has approached a number of high profile individuals around the world.

The move by the executive, who runs sports marketing firm The Aspire Group, highlights how a consortium led takeover could emerge as the most realistic route to new ownership of the Blues.

Mullin is believed to have met Bill Kenwright in recent months to say he may be able to find a buyer for the club, although he has not been appointed to work for Everton.

Any formal process to sell Everton would most likely be handled by Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce, the investment banker hired by Mike Ashley to sell Newcastle.

However, a source told the Daily Telegraph that Everton would engage with Mullin if he found a legitimate buyer.

Mullin has sent out a formal three-page document to potential buyers detailing Everton’s valuation and the amount of investment required at the club.

He believes the holdings of Everton’s top three shareholders, which total 75 per cent, could be acquired for between £75 million and £100 million.

In addition, he has told prospective buyers that any renovation to Goodison Park is likely to require a minimum of £250 million investment to create a state-of-the-art 50,000 seat stadium.

He added that Everton’s debt, which stands at £44.9 million, is covered by the group’s property assets — which includes the stadium, offices, training ground and retail interest.

From 2004 to 2008, Mullin was president and chief executive officer of Atlanta Spirit, which represented the ownership group for the Hawks, the Thrashers and Philips Arena.

Those season tickets will just be flying off the shelves!