You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Pepe leave what the fuck do we do

Guest simon

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Arsenal are the ones who were genuinely interested in him. They did not come with the money in Jan as Arsenal might have wanted to give Szcezny a chance before going into the transfer market.

United will try for Neuer first before going for Reina. Neuer is younger than Reina, has a lot of potential and has played at a decent level. Problem is Bayern Munich want Neuer too. Those two are the likely ones to come for him. Don't know about the Italian teams- Milan may be; Juve don't have the money; Inter have Cesar.

Some of these players need to just SHUT THE FUCK UP and show some respect to the people who are funding their lavish fucking lifestyle. What does he think he's doing? I'm sick of this kind of shit. If he wants to go, fine, he can go - I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. But what the fuck would compel you to give an interview like that in the middle of the season, in the knowledge that the press would surely hold it back until the weekend of the manc game? Shoddy, shoddy behaviour. I'm sure he'll have his apologists on here but I'm sick of these overpaid knobheads treating the club, manager and fans with no respect.

Spot on.

I think Arsenal are the ones who were genuinely interested in him. They did not come with the money in Jan as Arsenal might have wanted to give Szcezny a chance before going into the transfer market.

United will try for Neuer first before going for Reina. Neuer is younger than Reina, has a lot of potential and has played at a decent level. Problem is Bayern Munich want Neuer too. Those two are the likely ones to come for him. Don't know about the Italian teams- Milan may be; Juve don't have the money; Inter have Cesar.

Arsenal need a goalkeeper, we need a left back. I wonder if they would consider offering Clichy who will have 12 months left on his contract in the summer, as part of any deal if Reina is tempted by a move to the Emirates.

Sid Lowes a blert as well for holding this back till we play the mancs.

Not sure if he deserves the benefit of the doubt as I don't know much about him, but I'd guess it might not have been his decision. Reina should have known better though.

Arsenal need a goalkeeper, we need a left back. I wonder if they would consider offering Clichy who will have 12 months left on his contract in the summer, as part of any deal if Reina is tempted by a move to the Emirates.

Possibly. Comolli scouted Clichy for them too- wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the deal. But we would still need to find a replacement goal keeper.

Neuer-20 -24 million - 24

Lloris- 17 - 20 million - 24

Steklenburg- 15 million -28

De Gea - 18 milion - 20

All these keeper cost a lot of money and they are not even as good as Reina.

"I've shown my commitment over the last six years. I renewed my contract at a very delicate, very difficult, time for the club; maybe the fans didn't see that, but I wanted to make that gesture. I gave them a chance, renewing my contract and not leaving this summer when I could have done so."

That comment fuckin disgusts me, it makes it sound like he's doing us a favour playing for us.

That comment fuckin disgusts me, it makes it sound like he's doing us a favour playing for us.

Kinda right though. He's the best in the world for me and it was a show of loyalty for arguably the best in his position to stick with a club that was rapidly going downhill and looked destined for the Uefa Cup in the short term.

I don't think that comment is meant to sound like as bad as he's doing us a favour, just that he wanted to stay but that desire to be here is behind a desire to win things. Ultimately, that's why he came here because of a belief we could do that as opposed to be playing at the level we have been in recent times.

"I've shown my commitment over the last six years. I renewed my contract at a very delicate, very difficult, time for the club; maybe the fans didn't see that, but I wanted to make that gesture. I gave them a chance, renewing my contract and not leaving this summer when I could have done so."

That, unfortunately, though is the modern footballer. So wrapped up in their own world, so cut off from any criticism and so convinced about their own status that they actually believe that WE should be grateful to THEM and not the other way around.

I actually have no problem with him saying that he will not swear eternal loyalty to us or anyone, but I DO have a problem with the timing of this (totally agree that footballers should just shut up) and the above statement. It just scream of arrogance.

ANY player who wants to leave us can simply go, regardless of how good they are. Reina is very good but is not perfect. One reason for success is teamwork and if one moaning twat uses the old "see what the owner do" excuse for getting a pay increase/moving to another club which then annoys his team members and eventually effects the way the team perform.

I think he'll be gone in the summer, and if so we'll move on with someone else who is proud to be here like Pepe was when he came a six years ago.

The timing of the article is not down to Sid Lowe but the editors above him.

The interview was done when Reina was away with the Spanish team and is then handed in to the editor.

They decide when its released not Sid Lowe.

if the club starts dealing with the mancs its over for me

let him go but not to them

I wouldn't worry about that. We can simply refuse to do business with them. He is under contract to us for five years, if he wants to go there and won't go anywhere else then we keep him for five years. Or put him in the reserves.

I wouldn't worry about that. We can simply refuse to do business with them. He is under contract to us for five years, if he wants to go there and won't go anywhere else then we keep him for five years. Or put him in the reserves.

If they offer £20m then i doubt there is anything we can do about it.

I'll be very disappointed if he leaves because he's obviously a top class player,I'll be furious if he goes to united but to be honest the likes of Gerrard and Carragher are a dying breed.The day when a player spends his entire career with one club out of love for said club is practically non existent,it's perhaps the most flawed and irritating aspect of the modern game,fans can't allow themselves to 'fall in love' with players like we could before.

Possibly. Comolli scouted Clichy for them too- wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the deal. But we would still need to find a replacement goal keeper.

Neuer-20 -24 million - 24

Lloris- 17 - 20 million - 24

Steklenburg- 15 million -28

De Gea - 18 milion - 20

All these keeper cost a lot of money and they are not even as good as Reina.

Wouldn't these players only leave to play Champions league?

Normally, yes, we could replace Reina fairly easy because there are some very good keepers around, but in our current state I don't see us getting any of the keepers listed above. Maybe De Gea, but I really havn't seen enough of him to say he'd do a good job for us?