You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Supporting your team

heavyrotation

Just got this e-mail from a Croatian friend who is a mad Hajduk fan (made sure his team in England is Liverpool though). The celebration of the centenary is pretty special. Imagine the bitters if we had have tried anything like that! Anyway here is what he sent me.

Yo Matt,

What's up?

When I saw this I thought of Wood's love for Liverpool :)

The Liverpool fans are famous for their love of the club, but in Split people live FOR the club.

The celebration the fans organised will hardly be repeated by any fans in the future.. Barcelona, Marseille, Man Utd, Milan or Madrid.

They really set something up that will be hard to knock down.

The whole city was decorated in white, buses had on their displays 100 years Hajduk Split, the entire city there lived for that moment.

At midnight 13.2. they lit fireworks from each block, it all started from world famous walls of Dubrovnk and it included putting a flag on the cross of Split's cathedral.

Anyway, I had a look and picked up few galleries and videos that will be turned into history.

Please make sure to show this to your dad!

Best regards to you and your parents, send them my greetings!

Enjoy! Ismar

http://www.facebook.com/l/f738eGpF7_8MbgLdbTag0-AjP4w/www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI0q_GbJ5oE&feature=related

- world famous walls of Dubrovnik on 12.2. at 19.11 p.m.

http://www.facebook.com/l/f738exaE4dwAdDEjh9Cw94J4dbw/www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_LpSfxIgw

- Split between midnight 13.2. and midnight 14.2.

http://www.facebook.com/l/f738eBz7YaArR3Jf7qrvZTRB0fQ/www.24sata.hr/nogomet/cijeli-split-u-bojama-hajduka-zapalili-i-okitili-zvonik-sv-duje-209649

If anyone could embed these it would be a great help.

Cheers