You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What car do you drive?

jeremy

Coincidentally, ive got family who live in Auckland who are visiting the UK later this month and next.

Is Hawke's Bay in or near Auckland?

Cool,whereabouts are the family based mate? I used to live in Auckland. Razor (he of the Lou Reed avatar) still does.

Hawkes Bay is down the east coast of the north island, about 5 hours drive from Auckland.

I've got a Saab at the moment. I liked it when i bought it, now I hate it and want rid.

Went down to a local dealer at lunch to look at a Range Rover Vogue TDV8 he had in, and saw instead that he had this mint S-Class 320

Full history, fully loaded - TVs, the works - mid-size deisel not a bigh drinker, only done 70,000 miles. One owner. only wants £15k for it! Some cunt paid probably £70k for this brand new!

I'm 99% certain I'm gonna go for it when we get back from our hols next week.

20130614_120205_zps4bbaa20c.jpg

20130614_120213_zpsfb5eaec5.jpg

I've got a Merc C220 and it's the worse car ive ever had. Steering wheel is the size of a tractor wheel, handling is shit, it's sluggish, Satnav looks like its been designed by Fisher Price and its a fucking horrible colour. It looks like a Spanish taxi. On the upside it goes soon.

A '01 1.7 turbo diesel Astra.

Bought it 2 years ago for the princely sum of €1500 and hasn't missed a beat. Came with only 76k miles on the clock and a full service history. Could probably sell it in the morning for what I paid for it.

Had a '94 Corolla xli hatchback for 3 years before that. Got t from the brother in law for a 24 pack of Miller. In 3 years she never missed a beat either and I sold her for €750.

Before that was my pride and joy. A discreetly modified Toyota Soarer 2.5 twin turbo. Again never missed a beat, but she was a thirsty bitch. The €1000 per year road tax didn't help either!

When I finally get my finances in order, I've every intention of getting a Nissan Leaf. Fuck road tax, fuck petrol, and fuck diesel.

Just an Aston Martin One77 for everyday use. To work and back.

At the weekends i get the Murcialago out , but its the hard top version as im a tight twat and won't pay for the new continental one. In the garage when the weather is fine i get out the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder.

I've got an A6 estate. Which will be full of bicycles in Brighton on Sunday afternoon.

Jeremy, the thread starter had one of these now. 3.2 Quattro. It's bloody lovely and the first time I have had car envy in a while. Worst eat he came and showed me having spent the day driving Lamborghinis and Ferraris for the day.

I hate him.

BMW 320 M Sport, I love it to be fair, iDrive system in it is great except I don't have bluetooth in it and I hate loose wires, defo a slip up by myself there. Looking at snapping a 4 Series up when they're released, probably try to get a 2nd hand deal in April like I did with my current one, my workmates Dad owns Westerley Dorchester, a BMW dealership in the South West, any how, 13 months old, top spec bar bluetooth, was 29k and bloke gave it up owing £19,375 after a big deposit, they couldn't sell it at a loss so I paid £19,376, decent!

Any opinions on a Honda Civic?

I quite fancy one next time round

I'm all for Hondas. Love their motorbikes and with regard to cars the Civic and Accord have superb track records (well, not 'track' records) but being reliable cars, yep. Honda are a very good brand. Toyota have had quality issues over the last few years but generally buying Japanese is a good call.