You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Every team needs a 'KUYT'

GATESEYRED

I fully expect to get a load of abuse for giving my opinon on Kuyt as he seems to get people on the offensive whatever you think of him, While giving '100%' comittment in every game is commendable and in the modern age of pampered players not always to be expected, i find myself asking if teams like Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona are in need of a 'KUYT' and the obvious answer is NO!

As an attacking players of a club that has the aspirations to be one of the best in Europe (which is what we are) then he is clearly not good enough, his touch is shocking for a premier league player, he can see a pass but not make it, and the reason he has been moved wide is because he cannot strike a ball cleanly

I have supported the reds for over thirty years and do not find it easy to criticise any player that is giving his all for the shirt, but the fact that he plays every week regardless of performance is unbelievable, has a player with such limited abiltiy ever played so many times for the reds?

'I have supported the reds for over thirty years and do not find it easy to criticise any player that is giving his all for the shirt, but the fact that he plays every week regardless of performance is unbelievable, has a player with such limited abiltiy ever played so many times for the reds?'

Thats a matter of opinion.

In recent years the likes of Murphy,Kewell,Smicer,have been the victim of boo boys who didnt rate their ability so its a bit subjective.

Going back to Kuyt,I do see your point and I havent been impressed by Kuyt myself for months,in a wide area that is,up front he's done a job for us and thats how I'd play him personally.

Kuyt always gives 100 % and never stops til the final whistle, his passing is woeful and he can trap a ball further than I go on holiday, but I can see why succesive managers play him week in week out. Until we get much better players I'd pick him as well, at least he tries his bollocks off.

The last game where he gave 100 % was Chelsea, most others has been more like 70-80 %...

For a club like Liverpool to have a striker that is not good enough playing out wide is a disgrace, he simply does not cut it if we inspire to play pass and move football...

If we can get good money for him come summer we should sell.....

I'd move him on for 6m+ I think. At times, he has a game where you think 'Wow, this guy's important...', eg against Chelsea in Nov, but most the time, I'm bemoaning his terrible touch. I wonder if his workhorse reputation causes him problems, it seems to imply he's all hard work and no talent. Probably some truth in it.

Amazing pass through to Torres against Chelsea in November.

Meireles'll do it every game though because he's technically a lot better.