You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst shout I have ever made. Ever.

Not sure what your comment means.

I like her voice but agree that her songs are pretty much a variation on the same theme. Or as it too much time spent on here that induces a bit of 'he's gone, get over it' now

Not sure what your comment means.

I like her voice but agree that her songs are pretty much a variation on the same theme. Or as it too much time spent on here that induces a bit of 'he's gone, get over it' now

A borderline boiler is someone who is the roughest bird you'd do or someone most would think is a bit ropey but you'd give them a game. I must've seen some picture with her dolled up and possibly photoshopped and thought she weren't bad. Then I saw some of the pictures on this thread, horrendi.

A borderline boiler is someone who is the roughest bird you'd do or someone most would think is a bit ropey but you'd give them a game. I must've seen some picture with her dolled up and possibly photoshopped and thought she weren't bad. Then I saw some of the pictures on this thread, horrendi.

Silly me, I thought your post was a reference to her singing! (Remember where you are, Cath)

• 7 years later...

On the beeb last night playing Glastonbury, utter fucking shit, the fake cockney banter with the crowd was cringeworthy, the stupid accent obviously fake. If I want to watch some cunt waffling in a cockney accent (and believe me i dont) I'll at least listen to someone who can hold a note and is a 100% genuine londoner, like this fella 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

On the beeb last night playing Glastonbury, utter fucking shit, the fake cockney banter with the crowd was cringeworthy, the stupid accent obviously fake. If I want to watch some cunt waffling in a cockney accent (and believe me i dont) I'll at least listen to someone who can hold a note and is a 100% genuine londoner, like this fella 

Cracking voice on her when she sings to be fair. 

Watched the Lady GaGa set from 09 last night. I watched it in 09 but can't remember her being anywhere near as fucking good or hot. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Watched the Lady GaGa set from 09 last night. I watched it in 09 but can't remember her being anywhere near as fucking good or hot. 

Be careful, I got negged a while back for suggesting I would like to instigate jiggery-pokery with Lady Gaga. 

Presumably Brad Pitt has a membership on here.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Be careful, I got negged a while back for suggesting I would like to instigate jiggery-pokery with Lady Gaga. 

Presumably Brad Pitt has a membership on here.

Says more about the person who negged you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Same. I just watched her now. Fucking hell shes the real deal. At the time I just laughed, I must have been pissed.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Same. I just watched her now. Fucking hell shes the real deal. At the time I just laughed, I must have been pissed.

Couldn’t get my head round how I’d dismissed her. I always remembered her set being very good but not in that way. Watched it with my missus last night and she was like “no wonder you wanted this on!”. Proper sexy fucker GaGa is. 

On 28/06/2020 at 17:33, Gnasher said:

Fucking vile bitch. 

• 2 months later...

Some people have waaaay too much time on their hands to get hysterically offended by things that don't fucking matter. Unsurprisingly, 'many' of them appear to come from the US, home of the pointless culture war-

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/sep/01/adele-accused-of-cultural-appropriation-over-instagram-picture

Adele accused of cultural appropriation over Instagram picture

David Lammy came to the singer’s defence while Naomi Campbell also showed support

Adele  

The Tottenham-born singer captioned the post: ‘Happy what would be Notting Hill Carnival my beloved London.’ Photograph: Adele/Instagram

Adele has faced accusations of cultural appropriation after sharing an Instagram picture showing her wearing a traditional African hairstyle while marking what would have been Notting Hill Carnival.

In the photograph, the 32-year-old chart-topping act wore a string bikini decorated with the Jamaican flag and had her hair in Bantu knots – small coiled buns typically associated with people of African descent.

The Tottenham-born singer captioned the post: “Happy what would be Notting Hill Carnival my beloved London.”

However, Adele was quickly accused by Twitter users, many of them from the US, of cultural appropriation for using the hairstyle.

One tweeted: “If 2020 couldn’t get anymore bizarre, Adele is giving us Bantu knots and cultural appropriation that nobody asked for. This officially marks all of the top white women in pop as problematic. Hate to see it.”

Another said: “If you haven’t quite understood cultural appropriation, look at Adele’s last Instagram post. She should go to jail no parole for this.”

Writing in the comments section of the Instagram post, a user said: “Bantu knots are NOT to be worn by white people in any context, period.”

However, others came to Adele’s defence. David Lammy, Labour MP for Tottenham and shadow justice secretary, dismissed the allegations of cultural appropriation as “poppycock”.

He tweeted: “This humbug totally misses the spirit of Notting Hill Carnival and the tradition of ‘dress up’ or ‘masquerade’ Adele was born and raised in Tottenham she gets it more than most. Thank you Adele. Forget the Haters.”

Claudia Webbe, Labour MP for Leicester East, said: “Carnival is a contested event in which either the usual order of things are overthrown, unhinged and disturbed, or it can reinstitute and reinforce the very order its meant to overthrow. In this sense Adele embraces the spirit of carnival as an event which is qualified to do both.”

The singer’s celebrity friends also appeared to approve of the look. The model Naomi Campbell, whose mother was born in Jamaica, commented with two love heart emojis and two pictures of the Jamaican flag.

Jamaican musician Popcaan also appeared to be a fan, sharing a fist emoji and a love heart. And actress Tessa Thompson, who stars in sci-fi TV series Westworld, commented with a flame emoji.

The Notting Hill Carnival is an annual event that celebrates black culture, but this year it moved online due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Adele recently shared a snap celebrating “Queen” Beyonce, following the release of the visual album Black Is King. Adele was pictured with her curly hair down while raising her hand in tribute to Beyonce.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Another said: “If you haven’t quite understood cultural appropriation, look at Adele’s last Instagram post. She should go to jail no parole for this.”

Ironic to the extreme. Or should that be moronic.