You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

http://www.houllierout.com/

Beni

Well, alternatively we could stick our finger up the arse and wait for the board to take the decision they don't have the balls to take.

Petitions aren't the liverpool way, but unfortunately it's necessary. At some stage we must face the truth and react.

Thats pathetic, I can't believe people really think this sort of sh*t is needed for the board and chairman to realise that the fans aren't happy. I don't think anyone associated with the club is happy at the moment. I've said before that the only protest that works is simply not to turn up, if the ticket office sold out for a game and only half the crowd turned up, that would speak volumes.....but Houllier out campaigns? The man does deserve some respect, I want him out too but not this way.......

I don't really think the board are going to be too arsed by a handful of signatures on a website thats been set up by some kid* who's studying web design at college.

I don't think any protest will work anyway. The board don't give a shit about what the supporters think.

How about we have a silent protest? Sit in complete silence for 90 minutes at the match? (Whats that? We do anyway?) Wouldn't too hard to organise, as long as no one snores we could do it no probs. I'm actually thankful to Gerard Houllier, I've catched up on quite a bit of sleep these last two games.

*Probably

Guest Will M

Whoever set that up is an embarrassment to all Liverpool supporters.

Whoever signs it is a grade A cunt.

I don't want GH to be the manager next season but can we do things with a little bit of dignity.

Sad fuckin days.

Will M

Guest Scousewegian

I just cant get through to some thick cunts.

I know the football is shit and while you might be frustrated about it things like this are not "The Liverpool Way" the are the fucking Man City way.

I will indeed do nothing and hope that the chairman and others running our club (who have all the facts) will take the right course of action.

Rather that than act like some of the gobshites on here who have dragged the club down and made us a laughing stock more than any of the drivel we are watching on the field has.

Guest meowingdog

So therefore, some of you here are saying," I am have too much diginity for things like that even though it is one of the few things I can do to save my club. I would rather do nothing, and preserve my self-respect."

Look, there is a difference between supporting the club, and supporting the board/manager. The latter is not the club. The club is YOU, it belongs to YOU. It is not as if the manager is being asked to leave after a few bad games. The rot has been on for 2 seasons now. It would continue to fester for next seasons if he remains. Now, please, do something. Sign a petition. A peaceful respectful demonstration in the summer. It is YOUR club!

I know the football is shit and while you might be frustrated about it things like this are not "The Liverpool Way" the are the fucking Man City way.

I will indeed do nothing and hope that the chairman and others running our club (who have all the facts) will take the right course of action.

Rather that than act like some of the gobshites on here who have dragged the club down and made us a laughing stock more than any of the drivel we are watching on the field has.

I would just like to know if you actually go to the games, this is not a OOT rant just a simple question, when you answer I will tell you why I asked.

That is the most naive, unresponsible stupid fucking thing I've heard for a long time! Get your head out of your arse and understand that this football club is sinking to the bottom as we speak! The board won't sack GH without the preassure of the fans, it that what you want? Us sitting here in the same bloody situation next year?

I don't boo, cos I don't like booing my own team. However, signing a petition is much more peaceful, and won't affect the players' performances.

Do nothing... un-fucking-believable

Each to their own I say. It's obvious that some people have had enough and you can understand why this sort of thing crops up. The frustration is awful.

Those who are waiting for the board to act could be in for a long wait, and even if they do, do you trust the board to pick a decent manager? (First time for everything I suppose).

I don't think I'll be signing the petition, but I understand why someone would want to.

It's gone too far and if, as a result of this protest, we get a new manager I won't be complaining. I just don't think that any change will come about because of an online petition.

From your posts Scousewegian I take it you have now moved from your earlier stance of Houllier must stay to one of he has to go, but we should let the Board decide that fate. At the end of the day the 'Board' is David Moores, nobody else is significant. Our 3rd largest shareholder is Steve Morgan, who cant get on it. Answer this, do you really trust David Moores to make that decision given his track record? I dont.

I've looked at the site and I see in 24 hours nearly 4000 people did too. I havent signed the petition as I cant bring myself too, but I cant condemn people who do. Houllier has a ear left on his contract and another one isnt forthcoming. If that was a player, he'd take it as a hint to talk to other clubs who expressed an interest. Houllier isnt, he will not walk away but for soem reason the board wont sack him.

I cant buy the "Reds fans dont call for the manager to be sacked" line. We've rarely had the need to. There were blips under Paisley and Shankly, and Daglish, but they lasted a matter of months only not years. This year we have gone backwards for the 2nd year running. That hasnt happened since 1993 and before that it was 1959.

Guest Scousewegian

I havent changed my stance I have always said I would leave any decisions to the board who have all the facts.

The amount of shitstirring and other stuff that has gone on has influenced a lot of people against GH.

If it was my personal decision I would keep him for another year as I think it is the best thing for the club in the long term.

Having said that if he went I would not lose too much sleep and would support the next manager just as strongly but as long as he is the manager he gets my full support.

True red: I do go the matches I have a season ticket every other year (glad I havent got it this year) and what makes you think im an OOTer?

Walk on: Frustration, tell me about it.

Ive ranted and raved, tried to act as though I wasnt bothered but that is what I feel more than anything. Frustrated!

True red: I do go the matches I have a season ticket every other year (glad I havent got it this year) and what makes you think im an OOTer?

I didn't say you were an OOT I asked just whether you go to the matches, I live in Manchester so can I could be classes thay way if anyone felt, but I wouldn't be arsed, I don't care were anyone lives if they support LFC that's fine with me.

No the reason why I asked was because if you had been sitting through that dross all season how could you possibly want to do it all over again next season.

Every fan has to have hope that we will win every game, Charlton Monday 12th April quarter of the ground had gone home way before final whistle.

Why did they leave, because the hope has gone the fans are not happy and the manager continues his hopeless post match interviews going from the sublime to the ridicious.

The manager has to go at end of season, if we had faith in the board to 'do the right thing' we wouldn't be having this discussion, but we don't, therefore the 'fans' have to have there say, after all me, you, and 44,000 others pay to watch these matches and if we were not happy we should have the right to voice our opinions.

How this is done is of course will not please everybody, but all fans on here want LFC to win, we all want the best for the team, my opinion differs from yours on how to do this but our goal is the same.

Guest Scousewegian

I was at Charlton and by the end of the game I just wasnt arsed whether we scored or not I was that fed up.

This will cheer you up as well but the fella who I get my tickets off has just been and he works for the club and apparently GH is staying for another season at least.

I wouldnt bet my life on it being true but that is the word around the club today.

Allez Allez

This year we have gone backwards for the 2nd year running. That hasnt happened since 1993 and before that it was 1959.

4th is not going backwards if we finished 5th last season, it will only be backwards for the 2nd year running if we finish 6th.

From 69 to 71 we finished 2nd/5th/5th under Shankly, we have not quite reached that level of "failure" yet. I want Houllier sacked because of the style of play, but let's not twist statistics to make a case. You know how Ged loves statistics.

What the f#ck is a petition gonna prove? You could get 100,000 signatures but what proves each is legitimately a Liverpool fan and a Liverpool fan that goes the game? There is no proof, its a waste of f#cking time........I keep saying this, but the only real protest is to not turn up or even turn your back on the pitch during the game. Boo's can sound loud even if only 5% of the crowd are booing, if 50% turn their backs or don't turn up, its a real indication of how p*ssed off the 'real' fans are. Having said all that, I firmly believe the board (David Moores) knows how p*ssed off we are.......I also think Gerard will go in the summer. The club will not announce anything until the end of the season and will rightfully give him their FULL support until that time.

It's a fair point UTM, but going to see the boys is always the highlight of the week, not going feels dirty.

Perhaps just sit there in silence is an option.

Its no longer the highlight of my week, I am still going but I FAR from look forward to it, it has become a chore and feels like something I have to do rather than want to do. If they sold out for a game and only half the crowd turned up, that would speak volumes and is a more effective, forthcoming and less dirty protest than a f#ckin petition.........