You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

White Limo - Foo Fighters

Special K

Just listened to the album, cheers for the link Yozzer. It's still not quite the style I usually listen to, but it's done really well. The way Grohl manages to put so much emotion and power into his singing and lyrics still gets me like it did when I first heard The Color And The Shape. (Everlong got me like almost no other song, ever.) White Limo is easily my fave, and now that the album started playing automatically after the last song finished, the first one is growing on me. Will probably give more songs than I would've another listen.

Yeah, Bridge Burning is a real grower, hope more songs do the same. (edit - Ok, now Rope is growing on me too, cool stuff.)

About time they got away from all that melodic middle of the road riffing.

Yes, I'm interested.

Middle of the road melodic ridding?

Have you actually ever listened to any of their music?

The Foo's are very rock legend inspired rock. Definitely not middle of the road melody.

You need to get that wax out of ears.

Just heard 'Rope' and I didn't think it was anything different to what they have done in the past.

Thought the same at first, and was hoping the album would be heavier and faster overall, but Rope really grew on me with more listens, as did the first track. White Limo is still my fave but will be playing a few more to see if they grow on me too.

I think the thing that gets me is that even though I don't usually like this type of music as much and listen to punk/metal styled stuff more, the Foo's are so good at songwriting so I can listen to it and still like it. Great band.

Hmmmmm, Paulie got me thinkng now.

Is it worthwhile for the belters alone Paulie?

To illegally download, yes.

To spend £9 on, I don't think so.

I've listened to it a few times now and I'll give it a few more listens before I cull some of the tracks from my Iphone, but I'm disappionted with it.

Considering they said it was going to be they're heaviest yet, I was expecting it to be heavier / better. It sounds to polished IMO and apart from Rope or White Limo, lacks urgency.

It's no The Colour The Shape.

Edited by Paulie Gualtier

To illegally download, yes.

To spend £9 on, I don't think so.

I've listened to it a few times now and I'll give it a few more listens before I cull some of the tracks from my Iphone, but I'm disappionted with it.

Considering they said it was going to be they're heaviest yet, I was expecting it to be heavier / better. It sounds to polished IMO and apart from Rope or White Limo, lacks urgency.

It's no The Colour The Shape.

Cheers ears.

If you want heavy get down to Envi on Wedensday for some Oceanis.

Just got back from the movie documentary that was shown in certain Odeons. I really enjoyed it, it pretty much went through the whole history of the band and then played the whole album at the end in their basement.

Also, Dave Grohl is boss.

Just got back from the movie documentary that was shown in certain Odeons. I really enjoyed it, it pretty much went through the whole history of the band and then played the whole album at the end in their basement.

Also, Dave Grohl is boss.

Are Bill Goldsmith or Franz Stahl in the documentary at all?

The new record's really growing on me especially Bridge Burning and Dear Rosemary, can't go wrong with a bit of Bob Mould.

Are Bill Goldsmith or Franz Stahl in the documentary at all?

The new record's really growing on me especially Bridge Burning and Dear Rosemary, can't go wrong with a bit of Bob Mould.

Both of them were on - it made good viewing because all the band were extremely honest and it looked like Dave Grohl deeply regretted his treatment of Goldsmith.

Both of them were on - it made good viewing because all the band were extremely honest and it looked like Dave Grohl deeply regretted his treatment of Goldsmith.

That's good, at least they've not papered over the couple of bumps they've had. The Goldsmith thing sounded weird, he never had any problems in Sunny Day Real Estate so I don't see why his drumming didn't work on Colour and The Shape.

That's good, at least they've not papered over the couple of bumps they've had. The Goldsmith thing sounded weird, he never had any problems in Sunny Day Real Estate so I don't see why his drumming didn't work on Colour and The Shape.

Goldsmith had actually done the drums for the album but once the album had been completed Grohl thought the drums weren't good enough. He says in the film that he basically just re-wrote the whole drums for the songs and he performed them for the album. Goldsmith was never informed of what Grohl was doing and when he found out he left. Can't blame Goldsmith but it must have been difficult for Grohl to listen to a drummer who was inferior to himself, I suppose he couldn't resist making the album better.

On the plus side, we got a fucking fantastic album in Colour and The Shapes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...