You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest PurpleNose
But why on earth would Kenny be looking at other players if he's not going to be manager next season??????

He's replacing Kevin Kean?

page0_blog_entry1044_1.jpg

Anyone been watching Hazard this season? He's been on top form, the pinacle being a 40 yard goal against marseille not to long ago. Would love him at the club.

Keeping an eye on the Ligue1 myself. Watch Lille whenever I can. He has been al right but I have my doubts about his 30 million price tag. May not be worth as much tbh. Lille have been good but Marseille could win it this year though tbh.

If the likes of Sanchez and Hazard are out of reach, I'd like to see a gamble on Elia. N'Zogbia would be interesting as well, given his ability to play in at least three positions.

Having said that, I expect Sterling to get into the first team squad on a regular basis over the next year or so. He's one of those talents that you just can't hold back.

I don't want Defour. He'll just stand in the way of Suso (and Shelvey?). I'd much rather see a player such as Witsel, Sissoko, M'Vila - who are all very different to the young players currently at the club.

I'd take Defour over Witsel every day of the week.

Keeping an eye on the Ligue1 myself. Watch Lille whenever I can. He has been al right but I have my doubts about his 30 million price tag. May not be worth as much tbh. Lille have been good but Marseille could win it this year though tbh.

Same... Ligue 1 has been getting better the last two or so years... It can be really exciting, but still is no Bundesliga!

Adam Johnson and Alexis Sanchez on wings next year would be unreal. Add Enrique or Baines, M'Vila and a centre back and I think hope and belirve we have that kind of money. As for cb I'm not too sure abouy Cahill, I honestly think a cb like David Luiz would be boss.

I was thinking of this over the past few weeks when "experts" have been putting down to their inexperience and youth, Arsenal's incapability of following through at the end of each season.

If we manage to get poulsen konchesky jones aurelio cole jovanovic kyrgiakos and degen off our books, as expected in the summer, we will have an average age of less than 25 in the squad and that's not counting the expected purchases of younger players and the continued upgrading of the youngsters into the 1st team squad. Healthy times considering the experience in the squad while Arsenal are supposed to have this squad of kids to pick from yet have an average age of nearly 26 (and that's not including their 2 older keepers who will be gone in the summer).

What is the obsession with Cahill,Downing and Young?? We should be aiming way higher than this. Is Cahill better than what we already have? Far from it. Seen him against Stoke in the FA Cup semi final recently he was appalling. Downing reminds me of Mark Kennedy. Mediocrity. Young is a decent player but has no consistentcy. Aim higher.

Agree 1000%, shite!

They might have been looking at more than one player. I'd say we are more likely to be looking at Blackburn players than City ones. City just aren't going to sell anyone to their rivals, as we saw with Bellamy. If Blackburn go down then Phil Jones would definitely be worth a look.

Reds tracking Barton | Football News | Sky Sports

Liverpool are keeping tabs on Joey Barton's contract situation at Newcastle, skysports.com understands.

Barton's future at Newcastle has been the subject of speculation with the midfielder yet to agree a new deal at St James' Park.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Barton's possible availability with both Aston Villa and West Ham credited with an interest in the former Manchester City man in the January transfer window.

Now Liverpool are believed to be tracking Barton following his superb season for Newcastle this term.

With Barton entering the final 12 months of his contract at Newcastle this summer, the midfielder would be an attractive proposition for Liverpool as he could be available for a cut-price fee.

The 28-year-old has been Newcastle's standout performer this season on their return to the Premier League and he is widely expected to scoop the club's Player of the Season award.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be drawing up his list of transfer targets and Barton could figure on it due to his success in linking up with Reds striker Andy Carroll while the pair were together at Newcastle.

Barton was the provider of eight of Carroll's goals at Newcastle this season prior to his move to Anfield in January and Dalglish could look to reunite the pair as he tries to get the best out of his £35million signing next season.

Barton has excelled in his right-side midfield role this season and he could be the answer to Liverpool's problematic right-wing position by adding some creativity to the midfield.