You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

There are significant rumours on some scandinavian forums claiming that a "shoe-in" signing will kick start the summer. It is listed from a couple of people who lives in Liverpool with what they claim is extremely reliable sources. There is also a list with facts regarding the player;

-2 years left on contract

-Not mentioned before under Kenny or Comolli as it is regarded as unlikely

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Not in a position that is a top priority (could be argued what is "top", but I assume this means that this is not a centrehalf, DM or winger.

-A huge name that will thrill all of the fans (though not in the ronaldo-messi league)

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

-Transfer to be done early to state an example and to signal a top ambitious club even if we miss out on Europe.

-A transfer that will make Pepe stay.

I do not know how this rumour occurred, but even though they are Norwegian they should not be slagged off. I know some of them er very well connected and they live in the city as well.

The speculation is that Xabi is the one, but I cant see why Real would do this, and I also think he is too old. unfortunately Sneijder and Schweinsteiger recently signed new contracts.

Why dont they just say who it is instead of speaking in gandalf riddles, sounds like a ridiculous amount of bs

Posted on 19 April 2011

Liverpool are in the the race to sign Real Madrid winger Royston Drenthe, who is currently on loan at Hercules.

Drenthe is a left winger but can also operate as a full-back, and it seems that the players days a the Bernabeu are numbered.

The Dutch international joined Madrid in the summer of 2007 from Feyenoord but has failed to secure regular first team football at the Spanish giants.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish is desperate to bring in a winger with pace and as Drenthe can switch between the left side of midfield and defense it is an added bonus for the Liverpool manager who is short on cover in those positions.

Director of football at the Merseyside club, Damien Comolli is also a keen admirer of the 24-year-old and is looking to strengthen the squad in the summer in order to get Liverpool back among the Champions League elite.

During his time in the Spanish capital the winger featured 61 times, scoring four goals and provided 4 assists in all competitions and in 2010 made his international debut for the Netherlands in a 1-0 win over Turkey.

The Reds however face competition from a number of Serie A clubs including Juventus and Inter Milan.

So far this season Drenthe has made 16 appearance for La Liga relegation strugglers Hercules, scoring four goals and providing one assist in all competitions.

Guess who's back in town..........Are we the new Spurs/Citeh..ie linked with everything in a pair of boots

Ha ha. Kinell. You know summer is nearly upon us when the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and Royston Drenthe is linked to us.

Roger Johnson has emerged as a target for Liverpool after director of football Damien Comolli ran the rule over Birmingham City's centre back.

Kenny Dalglish is in the market for a defender this summer and Johnson, who was recently called up to the provisional England squad, is nearing the end of a second impressive season at St Andrew's.

The 27-year-old, who has only one year remaining on his contract after signing from Cardiff for £5million in 2009, is refusing to talk about contracts until Birmingham's Barclays Premier League future is secured. Coincidentally, City face Liverpool on Saturday.

Read more: Liverpool considering move for Birmingham defender Roger Johnson | Mail Online

Ha ha. Kinell. You know summer is nearly upon us when the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and Royston Drenthe is linked to us.

Drenthe is shit and I wouldn´t want him anywhere near LFC. And Roger Johnson could came but he would be 4th choice at best, blocking young players like Wilson or Ayala getting closere to the first team.

A front 3 of Aguero, Suarez and Carroll with Gerrard behind and a 2 of Meireles and a Lucas upgrade would be amazing imo.

Width from Johnson one side and someone like Coentrao the other and that sounds like the beststarting 11 in the league to me!

However we would need a fast, good on the ball cb to partner carra and a fast defensive mid. Against certain teams we may have to swap Gerrard with Meireles positionally.

Then we have Kelly and the cb's as back up. May even need some lb back up too.

Go for a top winger or 2 so we can mix up our formations and a young striker like Lukaku to back up the current crop.

There are significant rumours on some scandinavian forums claiming that a "shoe-in" signing will kick start the summer. It is listed from a couple of people who lives in Liverpool with what they claim is extremely reliable sources. There is also a list with facts regarding the player;

-2 years left on contract

-Not mentioned before under Kenny or Comolli as it is regarded as unlikely

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Not in a position that is a top priority (could be argued what is "top", but I assume this means that this is not a centrehalf, DM or winger.

-A huge name that will thrill all of the fans (though not in the ronaldo-messi league)

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

-Transfer to be done early to state an example and to signal a top ambitious club even if we miss out on Europe.

-A transfer that will make Pepe stay.

I do not know how this rumour occurred, but even though they are Norwegian they should not be slagged off. I know some of them er very well connected and they live in the city as well.

The speculation is that Xabi is the one, but I cant see why Real would do this, and I also think he is too old. unfortunately Sneijder and Schweinsteiger recently signed new contracts.

Sounds like Kaka to me. Not sure if he's a fan, but he loves God. Fits all the other criteria I believe.

Milan Jovanovic is just desperate to end his Anfield nightmare after just one season.

The Serbia international has not featured since February 12 against Wigan and won the last of his five Premier League starts in the defeat at Blackpool in mid-January.

Those are the only two matches the 30-year-old has featured in since Kenny Dalglish took over as manager from Roy Hodgson in early January.

Having been signed on a free transfer by Rafael Benitez in the summer, Jovanovic then saw the Spaniard leave Anfield before he even arrived at the club.

And the former Standard Liege player admits he is lonely in England and feels the changes of manager have not helped his cause.

"If I would move to Italy or Germany I would be happier - my life would be nicer," he told Sportske.

"In Belgium, I was living in an area where there were so many people from Serbia and my life was different, more dynamic.

"Liverpool is such a different place. I'm here alone, without anybody. I'm just a very lonely stranger.

"If I wouldn't have my wife and my kids, I just couldn't speak Serbian with anybody.

"Liverpool is a club which you can't refuse; my only regret is that the coach who brought me to Anfield left the club before my arrival.

"If Benitez would have stayed at Liverpool I believe everything would be different for me.

"There were 15 other clubs which followed me but I chose Liverpool and made a mistake."

Read more: Liverpool flop Milan Jovanovic has admitted he made a mistake joining the club and is very lonely in England - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

He wants to play in Germany yet refused a move to Wolfsburg in January after a bid was accepted?

At least he's saying he wants to go it should save us money, I reckon Poulsen will hand in request also, Cole also as he knows he's not gona start a game

For 6m too... I don't think we'll get that in the summer.

He wants to play in Germany yet refused a move to Wolfsburg in January after a bid was accepted?

At least he's saying he wants to go it should save us money, I reckon Poulsen will hand in request also, Cole also as he knows he's not gona start a game

To be fair, who would you want to play for Liverpool or Wolfsburg?

Probably thought he'd stay and try and win Kenny around as he'd just been appointed. Now Kenny's picked him even less than Roy it's pretty clear to see the writing is on the wall for Jovanovic.

I sometimes think we've been so tainted by some of the massive wasters we've had on the books in that every player who wants to stay we think is a loser on the take, rather than someone determined to prove himself.

To be fair, who would you want to play for Liverpool or Wolfsburg?

Probably thought he'd stay and try and win Kenny around as he'd just been appointed. Now Kenny's picked him even less than Roy it's pretty clear to see the writing is on the wall for Jovanovic.

I sometimes think we've been so tainted by some of the massive wasters we've had on the books in that every player who wants to stay we think is a loser on the take, rather than someone determined to prove himself.

Fair point that last bit

West Ham came in for Cole in January and he refused to go.

HOOCH i hope your joking about joey barton not only is he a dickhead he is nowhere good enough. i am hearing kaka is been offered around to suitors chelsea looked favourites but with ancelloti futre in doubt that could throw a spanner in the works. question if he was keen would you have him?

HOOCH i hope your joking about joey barton not only is he a dickhead he is nowhere good enough. i am hearing kaka is been offered around to suitors chelsea looked favourites but with ancelloti futre in doubt that could throw a spanner in the works. question if he was keen would you have him?

There would be a lot of factors to take into consideration;

Fitness

Cost

Wages etc.

He'd probably get a game above Poulsen though.