You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

If Kenny thinks he's the right man for the job then that's good enough for me.

I would agree with that in pretty much every case, other than if the terrifying press rumours of us signing Shay "I'm a decent shot-stopper because I'm diabolical in every single other way a goalkeeper can be" Given to replace a departing Reina came to fruition. Having said that, I'm pretty sure they're based entirely on the fact that he signed him as a youngster at Blackburn and Newcastle.

I would agree with that in pretty much every case, other than if the terrifying press rumours of us signing Shay "I'm a decent shot-stopper because I'm diabolical in every single other way a goalkeeper can be" Given to replace a departing Reina came to fruition. Having said that, I'm pretty sure they're based entirely on the fact that he signed him as a youngster at Blackburn and Newcastle.

I don't expect Reina to leave, personally. I'm basing that on nothing other than gut instinct, but I'd be surprised if it happened.

There are significant rumours on some scandinavian forums claiming that a "shoe-in" signing will kick start the summer. It is listed from a couple of people who lives in Liverpool with what they claim is extremely reliable sources. There is also a list with facts regarding the player;

-2 years left on contract

-Not mentioned before under Kenny or Comolli as it is regarded as unlikely

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Not in a position that is a top priority (could be argued what is "top", but I assume this means that this is not a centrehalf, DM or winger.

-A huge name that will thrill all of the fans (though not in the ronaldo-messi league)

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

-Transfer to be done early to state an example and to signal a top ambitious club even if we miss out on Europe.

-A transfer that will make Pepe stay.

I do not know how this rumour occurred, but even though they are Norwegian they should not be slagged off. I know some of them er very well connected and they live in the city as well.

The speculation is that Xabi is the one, but I cant see why Real would do this, and I also think he is too old. unfortunately Sneijder and Schweinsteiger recently signed new contracts.

There are significant rumours on some scandinavian forums claiming that a "shoe-in" signing will kick start the summer. It is listed from a couple of people who lives in Liverpool with what they claim is extremely reliable sources. There is also a list with facts regarding the player;

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Not in a position that is a top priority (could be argued what is "top", but I assume this means that this is not a centrehalf, DM or winger.

-A huge name that will thrill all of the fans (though not in the ronaldo-messi league)

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

-Transfer to be done early to state an example and to signal a top ambitious club even if we miss out on Europe.

I do not know how this rumour occurred, but even though they are Norwegian they should not be slagged off. I know some of them er very well connected and they live in the city as well.

The speculation is that Xabi is the one, but I cant see why Real would do this, and I also think he is too old. unfortunately Sneijder and Schweinsteiger recently signed new contracts.

You should try and get a "BREAKING NEWS" yellow bar under your post and then it'd be perfect.

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

Could be a forward-which is not a top priority. Aguero/Benzema/Mata anyone? :whistle:

Deadline-Day-Logo-Simple-800_1858381.jpg

Sky-Sports-News.jpg

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

Posted on 19 April 2011

Liverpool are in the the race to sign Real Madrid winger Royston Drenthe, who is currently on loan at Hercules.

Drenthe is a left winger but can also operate as a full-back, and it seems that the players days a the Bernabeu are numbered.

The Dutch international joined Madrid in the summer of 2007 from Feyenoord but has failed to secure regular first team football at the Spanish giants.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish is desperate to bring in a winger with pace and as Drenthe can switch between the left side of midfield and defense it is an added bonus for the Liverpool manager who is short on cover in those positions.

Director of football at the Merseyside club, Damien Comolli is also a keen admirer of the 24-year-old and is looking to strengthen the squad in the summer in order to get Liverpool back among the Champions League elite.

During his time in the Spanish capital the winger featured 61 times, scoring four goals and provided 4 assists in all competitions and in 2010 made his international debut for the Netherlands in a 1-0 win over Turkey.

The Reds however face competition from a number of Serie A clubs including Juventus and Inter Milan.

So far this season Drenthe has made 16 appearance for La Liga relegation strugglers Hercules, scoring four goals and providing one assist in all competitions.

Guess who's back in town..........Are we the new Spurs/Citeh..ie linked with everything in a pair of boots

Posted on 19 April 2011

Liverpool are in the the race to sign Real Madrid winger Royston Drenthe, who is currently on loan at Hercules.

Drenthe is a left winger but can also operate as a full-back, and it seems that the players days a the Bernabeu are numbered.

The Dutch international joined Madrid in the summer of 2007 from Feyenoord but has failed to secure regular first team football at the Spanish giants.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish is desperate to bring in a winger with pace and as Drenthe can switch between the left side of midfield and defense it is an added bonus for the Liverpool manager who is short on cover in those positions.

Director of football at the Merseyside club, Damien Comolli is also a keen admirer of the 24-year-old and is looking to strengthen the squad in the summer in order to get Liverpool back among the Champions League elite.

During his time in the Spanish capital the winger featured 61 times, scoring four goals and provided 4 assists in all competitions and in 2010 made his international debut for the Netherlands in a 1-0 win over Turkey.

The Reds however face competition from a number of Serie A clubs including Juventus and Inter Milan.

So far this season Drenthe has made 16 appearance for La Liga relegation strugglers Hercules, scoring four goals and providing one assist in all competitions.

Guess who's back in town..........Are we the new Spurs/Citeh..ie linked with everything in a pair of boots

Fourth transfer window in a row, he's still not good enough.

-Player wants the move

-Price 15-25 mill

-Unexpected

-Player is a fan

Have we not all been saying we need to replace xabi since he left? so how would bringing him back not be getting a player for a priority position?

I would only take him for 10m or under due to his age, anyway this rumour looks like someone has just copied it of teletext, all it is missing is the number to call for more info.