You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He might join Arsenal, but who knows what he's looking for? Is he looking for this season in the Champions League (which he could get at Valencia)? Is he looking at Arsenal knowing that Febregas and Nasri are pissing off and thinking 'who will do best over my 5/6 year contract'?

Liverpool is, without a doubt, the best supported foreign team in Spain. Our situation is well known. It's known why we're temporarily out of Europe, it's known that we've got new owners, it's known that they're spending money and investing in the future. I wouldn't say it's clear cut, based solely on the Champions League.

He might join Arsenal, but who knows what he's looking for? Is he looking for this season in the Champions League (which he could get at Valencia)? Is he looking at Arsenal knowing that Febregas and Nasri are pissing off and thinking 'who will do best over my 5/6 year contract'?

Liverpool is, without a doubt, the best supported foreign team in Spain. Our situation is well known. It's known why we're temporarily out of Europe, it's known that we've got new owners, it's known that they're spending money and investing in the future. I wouldn't say it's clear cut, based solely on the Champions League.

Pepe should give him a backhanded slap if he joins Arsenal over us.

The london factor is in their favour though.

The Daily Fail are saying Spurs are in for him too. Shit source i know

Signing Cahill or Dannn or /insert overpriced English player/ will only halt the progress of Kelly and Wisdom.

Carra is not finished. Skrtel looks much improved. 2 very promising youngsters with Agger and Greece as back up.

Signing a CB should be 5th priority. But then CM didn't need strengthening and we've signed 2 more of them.

The Greek shouldn't be at this club. He surrendered what... 5 penalties last season? That's unforgivable, and sadly, not surprising.

Agger should be sold, Skrtel/Carragher/Dann(Cahill, Zapata) should be our top three CBs with Kelly/Wisdom in view to being our 4th choice and maybe get some cup games starting.

Sadly tho Lance - i can't imagine teams are queuing up for Agger, given his injury problems.

The Greek isn't good enough - but he's a back up only, and if it wasn't for the automatic activation of a 12 month extension - he wouldn't be here. But he is - and hopefully he'll be behind Kelly in the pecking order.

Kyrgiakos should be fucking booted out for next to nothing if that's what it takes to get rid of him. He's horrible and I despair every time I'm reminded he's a Liverpool player.

It's beyond me how some people can actually suggest him staying with a straight face. He doesn't need to be here.

Sadly tho Lance - i can't imagine teams are queuing up for Agger, given his injury problems.

The Greek isn't good enough - but he's a back up only, and if it wasn't for the automatic activation of a 12 month extension - he wouldn't be here. But he is - and hopefully he'll be behind Kelly in the pecking order.

I truly hope so, because if I see him surrender another penalty, I might have to release the Kraken on his ass.

clash_kraken-1.gif

Wasnt he he given 12 month extension because he'd played the required number of games in a clause in his contract or something?

Anyone know how many games it was?

re: Skrtel vs Agger - Agger is twice the player Skrtel is. There is nothing, in my opinion, that he doesn't do better. He reads the game better, he's much better in the air, much better with the ball at his feet, doesn't concede silly penalties. He's a better CB.

If you say you prefer to have Skrtel despite him being inferior because he's actually fit, then fair enough but for me you can't argue that he's the better player for fitness reasons, it's bizarre and yes, equivalent to saying Lucas is a better player than Gerrard.

Agger could have been one of the best CB's in Europe, which is why I don't like it when he's sometimes named as deadwood along with the rest of the shite we need to shift. When fit he's been great for us and our best CB. He should ideally be moved on but if he does he'll do so with my blessings, I quite like him and think he's a great player. Doesn't deserve the vitriol he's getting.

He's not getting any vitriol, everybody wishes he was fit for an entire season. Correct, he is our best cb when fit; but there's one major flaw in that argument. I take issue with the picture you're painting of Skrtel. He's not a fucking clogger, he's good with the ball at his feet, good in the air and good positionally and i'd fucking love to see all the silly penalties he's given away cause for the life of me I can't remember seeing any.

And it's nothing like comparing Steven Gerrard to Lucas. Gerrard is one of our greatest ever players. Skrtel and Agger are alot closer in ability.

I'd love to find out once and for all why Skrtel is castigated by our own fans. I can't think of a reason.

I'd love to find out once and for all why Skrtel is castigated by our own fans. I can't think of a reason.

I'm uneasy with Skrtel as a first choice player because he is always doing the 'Terry-esque' things (read: Scumbaggery) except he's a foreigner so he'll get called for it eventually, like Vidic.

He's always grabbing shirts, players, etc in the penalty area and that makes me nervous, because he's not sly about it. It's pretty fucking blatant.

He's not a bad defender, or slow, or shit, or whatever. He's not exactly great in the air, though.

Most likely shite, but there are rumours about Aly Cissokho of Lyon. Ben Lyttleton says that according to France Football, Aly Cissokho is on his way to Liverpool FC.

@benlyt Ben Lyttleton

Tomo's news today. France Foot, out Fri, says Aly Cissokho is 'on his way to #LFC'. Missed out on Clichy, & it would seem, Enrique #NUFC.

Most likely shite, but there are rumours about Aly Cissokho of Lyon. Ben Lyttleton says that according to France Football, Aly Cissokho is on his way to Liverpool FC.

@benlyt Ben Lyttleton

Tomo's news today. France Foot, out Fri, says Aly Cissokho is 'on his way to #LFC'. Missed out on Clichy, & it would seem, Enrique #NUFC.

Happy about this... he looked a handful last time I saw him play. He's young, tall, and has some pace/good delivery.

Wasnt he he given 12 month extension because he'd played the required number of games in a clause in his contract or something?

Anyone know how many games it was?

Yeah, like i said - it was an automatic activation. I think it was 20 games.

Not good enough but a good pro and can be a help to the young lads. I'd much rather a player like this is here for another year than the likes of Degen, Jovo, Cole, Poulsen, Konchesky etc - who offer absolutely nothing. Playing or otherwise. Fucking wage thieves.

Yeah, like i said - it was an automatic activation. I think it was 20 games.

Not good enough but a good pro and can be a help to the young lads. I'd much rather a player like this is here for another year than the likes of Degen, Jovo, Cole, Poulsen, Konchesky etc - who offer absolutely nothing. Playing or otherwise. Fucking wage thieves.

Thanks Banjo

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We're getting Cissokho? We are? Definitely? Wooooaaaah, we've got the best left back in the world! Woaaahhhhh, we've got Aly Cissokho, Aly Cissokho.... and only Aly Cissokhooooooooo. Me in my bedroom:

2402896_o.gif

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Happy about this... he looked a handful last time I saw him play. He's young, tall, and has some pace/good delivery.

Probably a load of bollocks. Who is Ben Lyttleton?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
"We're getting Cissokho? We are? Definitely?"

Hang on, it's a rumour from France Football. They aren't definitive. I'd love it to be true though.

Whaaaa'[insert interobang]

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Seem a bit torn on here if you can be arsed to run it through a translator. Some think he's pretty good, some blame Puel and some think he's shit.

[Départ] Aly Cissokho - Forums OLWEB.fr

They seem annoyed that we're being linked with him for 8-10m Euros, when City were going after him for 20m. They got him for 15m two seasons ago, so it's not a surprise.