You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Degan barely kicked a ball in his last season at Dortmund as he was always injured, in 3 years there he played 68 games, I remember Dortmund fans were laughing at us when we signed him.

So we've a player who are scouts could have barely seen him play as he was always injured, he joins us and the injury pattern continues, something bloody stank alright and I don't give a fuck if people love rafa but what did he think was going to happen when signing him, I doubt he'd seen him play tbh

I think I am correct in saying that we have sacked ALL our European scouts now that Damien Comolli and Steve Hitchen have joined the club.

I think I am correct in saying that we have sacked ALL our European scouts now that Damien Comolli and Steve Hitchen have joined the club.

Thankfully, I know our schoolboy set up I'd awful in Ireland, we used to have link ups with big clubs over here, Lourdes Celtic and St Kevins, I think that's gone, but when was the last time we brought an Irish Welsh or Scottish schoolboy through, we've an awful set up

Thankfully, I know our schoolboy set up I'd awful in Ireland, we used to have link ups with big clubs over here, Lourdes Celtic and St Kevins, I think that's gone, but when was the last time we brought an Irish Welsh or Scottish schoolboy through, we've an awful set up

Very true. On the subject of young Irish/Scottish players I really like the look of James McCarthy at Wigan.

You'd rather Aqualani to Merelis, serious? Each to there own and all but I can't see how anybody would want that. I hope we do go back in for Adam, take the £13m for Aqualani.

It's a bit 'what have the Romans ever done for us' I know but apart from his recent goal scoring, Meireles has been ineffective in general play in my opinion. He's weak, slow and takes an age to realise what options are on. Maybe saying I'd prefer Aquilani was a bit much though.....

So, you've not seen anything of him but he's the type of player we need to be looking at. That just makes no sense at all.

I know he's a young winger, that's what I meant.

I also know now having read up a bit he's quite versatile and has pace and chips in with goals.

The fact we are looking at young pacey wingers is fine by me.

It's a bit 'what have the Romans ever done for us' I know but apart from his recent goal scoring, Meireles has been ineffective in general play in my opinion. He's weak, slow and takes an age to realise what options are on. Maybe saying I'd prefer Aquilani was a bit much though.....

What the fuck? Are you fucking serious?

They will all be on very good contracts and may be reluctant to move on if clubs are not willing to match their demands.

True, but we have loaned two of them out this season so we can do it again. Its just a case of getting them off the wage bill. Degen's contract is up in 2012, Im not sure about El Zhar.

Poulsen Konchesky Jovanavic must be the most likely candidates for the door. Kenny's and Clarke's recent comments seem to suggest Cole may have a future if he can maintain fitness levels and I think he's the quality and experience our shallow squad can ill-afford to be without and would like to see him stay. If Juve behave then 12m for Aquilani will also go toward summer purchasing. If they don't then bring him back. I'd love to see Eden Hazard here but can't see us pulling that one off.

LB, CB, LM priorities

Free transfers available this summer.

Vicente (29, Left winger, Valencia)

Miroslav Klose (32, Striker, B. Munich)

Hamit Altintop (28, Right midfielder, B. munich)

Piotr Trochowski (26, Attacking midfielder, Hamburg)

Johan Elmander (29, Striker, Bolton)

Jose Boswinga (28, right back, Chelsea)

William Gallas (33, Centre back, spurs)

Matthew Upson (31, Centre back, west ham)

Sebastian Larson (25, right winger, Birmingham)

Nigel Reo-Coker (26, centre midfielder, villa)

Luke Young (31, right back, villa)

Josh Mc Eachran (17, Centre midfielder, chelsea)

Taye Taiwo (25, Left back, Marseille)

slyvain marveaux (24, Left winger, Rennes)

Robbie Fowler (35, Striker, Perth)

Andrea Pirlo (31, Centre midfielder, ac milan)

Phillipe Mexes (28, Centre defender, Roma)

Alesandro Nesta (34, Centre defender, ac milan)

Massimo Ambrosini (33, Centre midfielder, ac milan)

Reto Ziegler (25, Left back, sampdoria

Would take all of the ones I've bolded. As first choice we'd prefer Coentrao, Hazard, Adam, Tiote and Young but we shouldn't neglect the free market on the basis of past mistakes.

Would take all of the ones I've bolded. As first choice we'd prefer Coentrao, Hazard, Adam, Tiote and Young but we shouldn't neglect the free market on the basis of past mistakes.

Taiwo is all I'd take, from the othersI know Mexes is shit and cant be 28, maybe a Nigerian 28.Might Take Elmander on a 2 year deal, but the rest are 2 old and or shit. Josh Mc Eachran signed a new deal recently , and cant say I know to much about piotr Trochowski

[Taye Taiwo (25, Left back, Marseille)

Wow! is Vicente still around? And still only 29 yrs? What a shame he's career got curtailed by injury. Old fashioned, touchline hugging, L Winger; with great crossing ability. One of the most elegant footballers I've ever seen; him running with the ball on the LW was an awesome sight. The current player who reminds me of him in terms of grace and demeanor when running with the ball - not the same type of player - is Mezut Ozil, currently my favorite footballer. When you think about what constitutes a "good" winger nowadays, and how many lack the basic fundamentals; Vicente was a sensational talent. I remember when watching him, comparing him to other LWs such as Ryan Giggs, whose had a great career and a terrific talent; and thinking, in terms of pure wing play and productivity, "this boy is on a different level and a completely different breed."The talent Spain have produced in recent years and continue to do so, is just outrageous.

Piotr Trochowski mainly made sub appearances for Germany in the w cup didn't he. I remember feeling disappointed whenever he came on, as I wanted to have a closer look at Marko Marin. I believe he's a versatile attacking midfielder.

Anyone whose seen him play; what's his best position and what are his attributes?

Would he be an asset to LFC for the PL?

Edited by Hugo Sanjeev

Good call that, Stevie. Didn't Rafa bid for him but refuse to go above £1m when he was still at Hamilton? I'd much prefer him to Charlie Adam, and I actually think he's unlikely to cost as much.

How much do you think he would be available for ? Dave Whelan tends to get top dollar for Wigan players.

Id take that robbie fowler lad from perth

How much do you think he would be available for ? Dave Whelan tends to get top dollar for Wigan players.

The figure most consistently being banded about for Southampton's AOX and Ipswich's C Wickam is £10 mill. I think McCArthy may have cost Wigan an intial £750 000 or something, and eventually, just over £1 mill (inclu add-ons). He has got PL experience, and shown that he has an eye for goal. The guy also seems technically accomplished. As he's only 20 as well and when you bear in mind someone like J Jenas cost Spurs £7 mill; you'd expect them to want £8 mill minimum, plus add-ons.

I think people expecting us to spend and spend in the window may be in for a rude awakening. I think if we spend £20m nett we'll be doing pretty well. I still think about that £35m we spent on Carroll and sigh.

So many players just have to go before we can even think about a proper rebuild though imo.

Konchesky, Poulsen, Soto, Maxi, Jova, Cole. And probably a few more. Be no easy task moving those guys on with the money they are on though.