You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We've put in a £10 Million for Nzogbia.

Would be another waste of money, in my opinion.

Fair enough, i'd disagree.

If i was offered Downing or Henderson for £20m.

Or N'Zogbia or Adam for £10m.

I know which of the 4 i would choose.

That's like being forced to play Russian roulette, but being offered the chance to have either one or two bullets in the barrel.

They were fully aware of the wage bill when they bought the club. You don't purchase a football club to the tune of £300 million and not fully know the wage bill. Bollocks for anyone to suggest otherwise.

Its the usual managing expectations exercise. Of course they were aware of the wage bill and at the same time they would have done research into the assets of the club ..in this case the players.

PS why does Jovanovic's signing on fee get included as part of his wages when none of the others does? its not like the club wont have to pay that now whether he is here or not.

I am listening to some Fantomas on my MP3 player, and here's a picture of some tits :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRCRRFkb-s9GkfPnEoq_BpykokKS28Gx_JlLCaMtIzNcouIpbD

Crazy boring FF bastards.

Oh aye, and "I have been doing some research" into Squeasants. This is what I found :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE0L9KVs0RJU8mALruNKC6uIKVsRvMo-lsivFKN8wAEATGN78R

Note : That is not my hand, nor is it the Squeasants foot.

Mata will cost alot more after the Euro U21 Championship so hopefully we will sign him soon.

Mata has been in the scene for a while now. Valencia know his price and so do most other clubs. Nobody is getting him for less than 20mil. The U21 will hardly make a difference...

Tony Barrett, James Ducker 1 minute ago

Liverpool’s pursuit of the best available young English players has led to an offer of almost £8 million being lodged with Ipswich Town for Connor Wickham. The club are also stepping up their attempt to sign Jordan Henderson, the Sunderland midfield player.

Wickham, who scored nine goals last season, is valued at £10 million by Ipswich and the 18-year-old centre forward has also been targeted by Tottenham Hotspur. However, Liverpool are confident that the opportunity to become part of an array of attacking talent that includes Luis Suárez and Andy Carroll will convince Wickham that his future lies at Anfield rather than White Hart Lane.

Damien Comolli, Liverpool’s director of football, watched Wickham on several occasions last season and is understood to have been impressed by his all-round game, regarding the England Under-21 international as a potential star of the future.

Although their opening offer is likely to be rejected by Ipswich, Liverpool are hopeful that a compromise fee can be reached that will suit both clubs.

Liverpool’s transfer strategy this summer is built on a determination to sign players for the future who can also play an immediate part in Kenny Dalglish’s squad. The desire to lower the average age of the club’s playing staff is derived from the ambition of John W. Henry, Liverpool’s principal owner, to oversee the creation of a team who can challenge for leading honours for years to come, rather than just in the coming season.

The Merseyside club’s transfer targets will be predominantly drawn from players under the age of 26. There will be exceptions to the rule under certain circumstances, but the long-term strategy is built around constructing a young, vibrant squad that is capable of playing fast flowing, attacking football.

No deal has yet been struck between Liverpool and Sunderland for Henderson, but the Anfield club are looking for a fee to be agreed before the 20-year-old goes to Denmark with the England Under-21 squad next Wednesday for the European Championship.

Neither Liverpool nor Sunderland would confirm whether an offer has been made for the player, but talks have taken place in which the North East club have made it clear that they would not accept the £15 million offer that Comolli was hoping would be sufficient to secure the transfer.

It is thought that Steve Bruce, the Sunderland manager, is holding out for about £18 million for Henderson, who has attracted interest from Manchester United and Manchester City over the past 12 months. Liverpool are unlikely to meet that price, but are believed to be ready to return with a bid in the region of £16 million as they continue with their recruitment plans for the coming season.

As revealed in April, Phil Jones, the Blackburn Rovers central defender, is another target for Liverpool, who are expecting a busy summer in the transfer market, according to Comolli.

Steve Kean, the Blackburn manager, warned Jones this week that he may struggle to secure a first-team place at a top Barclays Premier League club, but the defender is thought to have set his heart on a move away from Ewood Park.

Liverpool face competition from Arsenal for Jones, with Arsène Wenger, the North London club’s manager, eager to build his defence around the 19-year-old England Under-21 international and Thomas Vermaelen, the Belgium centre back whose long-term absence with an Achilles tendon injury was keenly felt last season.

Blackburn also face a battle to keep Christopher Samba, with Tottenham interested in the defender.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Fair enough, i'd disagree.

If i was offered Downing or Henderson for £20m.

Or N'Zogbia or Adam for £10m.

I know which of the 4 i would choose.

I'd sooner just have another, better player all together.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

N'Zogbia is just another in a long list of pretty good, but ultimately not good enough and overpriced players who won't propel us to where we need to be.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This is good.......but pato for 30 mil...yes please

Latest news, comment and reviews from the Guardian | guardian.co.uk

Neymar for 30m isn't so bad. Kaka 29 and 50m. Fuck off. Bet he ends up sitting on City's bench sulking. Benzema is still a quality player. Lukaku is a beast at 20m. Just 18, too. Some good players in there, but some ludicrous fees.