You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Anelka is seeing out his final year and Drogba is getting a new deal so i doubt that somehow.

This doesn't contradict what I said.

As for Drogba, getting a new contract means very little. With Torres, Sturridge, Lukaku at the club Drogba won't play much. So he's pretty likely to do one at the end of the season.

This doesn't contradict what I said.

As for Drogba, getting a new contract means very little. With Torres, Sturridge, Lukaku at the club Drogba won't play much. So he's pretty likely to do one at the end of the season.

See what you mean now, thought you meant next season as in the one starting next week.

Liverpool have made an enquiry over Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic as they bid to plug their leaky defence.

But the Serb has turned his nose up at the prospect of a move to Merseyside.

The Reds have suffered a poor pre-season conceding goals at will and Kop manager Kenny Dalglish wants to buy a central defender.

Read more: Liverpool make move for Neven Subotic of Borussia Dortmund - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Pointless signing for them. They spend £50 million Torres, discover that he doesn't play very well with Drogba, then bring in "the new Drogba" to partner Torres in the long-term. Clever.

Drogba and Torres has not played a single minute together in pre season. Their manager has played 4-3-3 every game and its always been Drogba one half and Torres one half. Lukaku is another out an out central forward. Where they gonna play him i have no idea. But you would think they would get wide men if they gonna stick to this tactic

They lost 2-0. Those that I noticed playing were Jones, Ayala, Amoo, Suso, Degen, Insua, Coady...it was just highlights so wasn't on for that long. We were very poor defensively. Actually after I posted they started looking a bit brighter going forward. Amoo looked good. Tranmere deserved the win though.

Tottenham are weighing up an approach for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Londoners are preparing for the seemingly inevitable departure of Luka Modric to Chelsea, who are believed to on the verge of submitting a £30m bid for the Croatian, and have identified Lucas as an option. With Wilson Palacios also likely to leave White Hart Lane with Stoke City interested in taking him on, the need to bolster the squad becomes clear.

Lucas has been at Liverpool for four years though has spent much of that time being derided by fans and observers alike. That perspective has changed over the last 12 months with the player integrating himself into the side to greater effect and warming to the demands of manager Kenny Dalglish.

At 24, the Brazil international still has a career ahead of him and Spurs boss Harry Redknapp would like that to be in North London. Though Dalglish remains a fan of his player, the Liverpool midfield is stretched to bursting point after the summer additions of Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson.

A bid of around £9m might be enough to convince the Scot to part company with his charge.

The talk of the terrace!: Tottenham to lodge surprise bid for Liverpool star

:wallbutt: