You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

If we are to buy a defender I love us to go for Mats Hummels , bit of German steel in def Liverpool don't seem same since Didi left. He can also play Def Mid but he is such a good defender I don't see why you would play him there unless you wanted to give others a few games and lucas a rest.

Good shout, but can't see them selling or us having the cash to pry him away or him being willing to be pried away.

Guest Jon Snow
Good shout, but can't see them selling or us having the cash to pry him away or him being willing to be pried away.

If we can sell 90% of the sh.it we could get him for 20-22 mil , but man what a player this lad is gonna be.People bang on about terry and fuck face for the mancs this guy is just at another level to them.

I still think we'll bag Sakho by the end of the window, and bring in a left back from somewhere.

I don't see another wide player or striker coming in unless someone amazing becomes available for the right price, not a bidding war.

PSG wont sell,they have loads to spend after the takeover.

Anyone think Negredo would be worth going for? Haven't seen him play personally, but he's been banging goals in since we were on about him during last seasons window. Scored 26 in 55 games for Sevilla, and is 25 years old.

I'm pretty sure we was after him a few seasons ago when rafa was here, strong rumors etc

He seems like a good buy but will be expensive considering what he did last season and his contract length also seems pretty long ( about 3 years i think).

would be a great buy though if we didn't have carrol.

Will Aguero score as many goals for them as Tevez? I can't see it, but he does seem like the obvious replacement. I don't think Nasri is going to move though, personally.

I think Nasri will move to inter as a replacement for Sneijder myself,Arsenal wont sell him to another premier league club but he want's out and regardless what Wenger say's Arsenal wont let him wing up contract and leave for nothing next season.

I think Nasri will move to inter as a replacement for Sneijder myself,Arsenal wont sell him to another premier league club but he want's out and regardless what Wenger say's Arsenal wont let him wing up contract and leave for nothing next season.

Sneijder's not leaving though, is he? It came out yesterday that the mancs aren't in for him anymore.

Guest Gucci_Ledge

Said a few days back United have't signed him yet and where's the proof that it's a done deal. I don't reckon they'll get him. They can't afford Modric so how will they afford him, posturing from the United board imo. Making the fans think they're in for a load of players like Sanchez, Modric and Wesley.S, no chance they will sign any of them :yes:

If we are to buy a defender I love us to go for Mats Hummels , bit of German steel in def Liverpool don't seem same since Didi left. He can also play Def Mid but he is such a good defender I don't see why you would play him there unless you wanted to give others a few games and lucas a rest.

Dude I was gonna post that but also if we did go for him then we should get his defensive partner subotic as well. They conceded only 22 goals last season and it would be stupid to buy one of a defensive pair and expect the same results. Get rid of Kiri, Agger ( I think he's quality but sorry mate, those injuries), and Skrtl. Thats a partnership gauranteed to work and then use our kids to learn from proper defenders

Love the fact that there's still some people lobbying for us to sign Aguero and Mata.

It's not going to happen is it. Maybe mata in another transfer window if he doesn't move beforehand but Aguero absolutely no chance. Comolli says our transfers are near complete I can't see that meaning a left back centreback and a 40 million pound player.

It's not going to happen is it. Maybe mata in another transfer window if he doesn't move beforehand but Aguero absolutely no chance. Comolli says our transfers are near complete I can't see that meaning a left back centreback and a 40 million pound player.

Nobody with a brain every thought it was going to happen.

Cole should be sold, Aquilani should be kept. Jovanovits should be sold, Ngog should be kept. Insua should be kept, same as Shelvey. No loans. Because I like them both. Keep Carroll. He will come good. Gerrard hasn´t even played yet and we look like a world beaters. Sell Poulsen, I don´t rate him. Give some games for Spearing, he´ll be satisfied. Kelly is good, I´m not sure about Wilson. He may be a late bloomer. Overall, very promising youngsters. Ugh.

I would also be surprised if we didn't sign a left back, but with Johnson, Aurelio and Robinson all capable of playing there (and Carra if need be, and Kelly) it doesn't seem to be as much of a priority as it was before. If we can get an actual left footer who isn't a) crocked, or b) 17, then all the better. But I don't think it will be the end of the world if we don't.