You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest davelfc

If ever there was a manager big enough to be able to leave Carra out it's Kenny. However talk of Carragher being past it are a little premature.

He has plenty to offer the team and we have Kelly, Agger and Skrtel. I hope they all get plenty of games next season. I hadn't forgotten the big greek, I just don't believe he will feature as much.

Surprised we haven't been linked with cahill actually seeing as how he is English and we need a CB.

Everyone expected City to buy him... but they haven't. Now, everyone is expecting Arsenal to buy him... but they haven't.

Bolton REALLY need to sell him, because they have no money until they do so.

Everyone expected City to buy him... but they haven't. Now, everyone is expecting Arsenal to buy him... but they haven't.

Bolton REALLY need to sell him, because they have no money until they do so.

yeah i remember that rumors were city were going to buy him but they never bothered and have gone for a cheaper alternative. I think arsenal will go back in for him. but yeah coyle is whoring him out big time as they obviously want the money. Problem is he's slow and everyone wants quick CB's.

yeah i remember that rumors were city were going to buy him but they never bothered and have gone for a cheaper alternative. I think arsenal will go back in for him. but yeah coyle is whoring him out big time as they obviously want the money. Problem is he's slow and everyone wants quick CB's.

He's not a snail, and he reads the game pretty well, I think.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Unless we've got shit loads of money, I'm not sure that spending 17m on Cahill is the best way forward. I think Carra, Skrtel, Agger and Kelly can adequately cover it.

Anything happening with Dann!? At 12ft, he'd be a good weapon for Adam's corners.

Unless we've got shit loads of money, I'm not sure that spending 17m on Cahill is the best way forward.

I'm thinking that Bolton will be getting itchy, as there has been no 'official' interest, that a bid of 13-14 might get him.

edit: I hear Dann is going to Stoke. I dunno what happened to the Arsenal, us, and Chelsea interest.

I'm thinking that Bolton will be getting itchy, as there has been no 'official' interest, that a bid of 13-14 might get him.

edit: I hear Dann is going to Stoke. I dunno what happened to the Arsenal, us, and Chelsea interest.

Even at 13-14, I think Cahill is over priced. A whole lot of English tax involved there! Decent player and better than Dann in my view but still not Liverpool quality.

Move Kelly to CB and be done with it for this season is my view. Concentrate our money on the wings and a LB

Even at 13-14, I think Cahill is over priced. A whole lot of English tax involved there! Decent player and better than Dann in my view but still not Liverpool quality.

Move Kelly to CB and be done with it for this season is my view. Concentrate our money on the wings and a LB

That's quite a big risk to be taking tbh. Id like to see him play cb this season, but not thrown in at the deep end.

Unless we've got shit loads of money, I'm not sure that spending 17m on Cahill is the best way forward. I think Carra, Skrtel, Agger and Kelly can adequately cover it.

Anything happening with Dann!? At 12ft, he'd be a good weapon for Adam's corners.

We desperately need another hyypia and none of our current CB's have that about them. Kelly is unproven and is more likely going to be backup to Johnson st RB, agger is never fit and skrtel is decent but we need better than him. carra is our only true leader at the back.

Cahill is very good and would be a very big improvement on Skrtel. He's not world class or anything but he's a good CB who would improve us significantly, and he's not slow at all, that's ridiculous, he's alright, he's very athletic.

He's comfortable with the ball which is something we're sorely lacking at the back, probably more than anything else. If we open the season with Skrtel-Carra as the CB partnership, we'll quickly come to regret it, probably after the 30th hoof across midfield. Skrtel can barely pass the ball under pressure, and the less said about Carra in that department the better.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Cahill is very good and would be a very big improvement on Skrtel. He's not world class or anything but he's a good CB who would improve us significantly, and he's not slow at all, that's ridiculous, he's alright, he's very athletic.

When paying 17m for a central defender, don't you think it should be somebody who is pretty incredible? I know prices have gone stupid, but we're talking about a centre back here.

I think of Kelly as a promising CB and Flanagan as backup to Johnson. Do others really see Kelly ahead of Flanagan in the RB pecking order?

Quite easily. Kelly may have started as a CB, but i can only see him playing RB for quite a few years. he may do a carra and move to CB in a few years time but he's definitely ahead of flanaghan.

Cahill is not a good CB for a top club. When the pressure is on he goes to pieces and he is in no way an upgrade on Skrtel. If we buy a CB he needs to be better than what we have and Cahill is not that player.