You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

@WillWatt William Watt

Karl Oyston: “I certainly hope we can do some business before the lads come back for training on Monday.”

@WillWatt William Watt

Spoke to Karl Oyston on the Charlie deal. He said: 'I never like to respond to rumours, I don’t want to comment on that situation really.'

Chelsea have now joined Manchester United and Manchester City in the chase for the France international.

Nasri is due to discuss his future with Wenger after the Arsenal players return to training this week ahead of their pre-season tour of the Far East.

Talks over a new, five-year deal worth £90,000 a week halted abruptly last month.

As well as negotiations over his salary – Nasri is believed to want as much as £110,000 a week – the former Marseille player wants reassurances that Wenger intends to strengthen Arsenal’s squad in an attempt to end the club’s six-year wait for a trophy.

Yet his manager’s progress in the transfer market thus far has been laborious.

If reports from Spain that Cesc Fabregas’s £38 million move to Barcelona may be finalised as soon as Monday do not impress Nasri, then Wenger’s admission that it may take more than three weeks before he can begin to bolster his playing resources will worry him further.

“I am very active on the phone,” the Arsenal manager told a French radio station this week.

“Everyone is in a standby position, where everyone is waiting for the first step, expecting a super-transfer.

"It will move in late July and early August. Then we will analyse the gaps in each team.”

That, though, may be too late for Wenger to keep hold of Nasri, with United in particular determined to wrest the 24-year-old from north London before both clubs leave on tour in 10 days’ time.

Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, could lodge his opening offer, of around £15 million, this week.

City will only consider Nasri once they have definitively lost out in their attempts to sign Alexis Sanchez from Udinese, while Chelsea are keeping a watching brief on the situation.

Their new manager, Andre Villas-Boas, would prefer to sign Portuguese international Joao Moutinho from Porto, while he is also tracking Marseille’s Lucho Gonzalez.

Wenger’s hopes of parading a number of new signings to assuage Nasri’s fears by the time any suitors make their first bid, though, are diminishing.

Bolton have rejected the possibility of using Nicklas Bendtner as a makeweight in a deal to take Gary Cahill to the Emirates, and Wenger must now hope either Henri Lansbury or the defender, Ignasi Miquel, tempt Owen Coyle to accept an offer.

Everton, home of two potential recruits, the England pair of England duo Phil Jagielka and Leighton Baines, are yet to receive an offer for either, and will likely fight strenuously to retain both. Arsenal are yet to lodge a bid for the Blackburn captain Chris Samba.

In attack, too, Wenger’s progress is halting. Valencia will not reduce their valuation of Juan Mata, the Spain international, from £22 million and Southampton yesterday denied Arsenal had even made a formal offer for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, despite suggestions the player was in talks with the Premier League club.

The 17-year-old is, though, expected to move to the Emirates eventually.

Wenger can, at least, claim imminent victories in his attempts to sign Gervinho, from Lille, and Velez Sarsfield’s Ricardo Alvarez. “There are only a few details to sort out,” said the player of his £11 million move. “It won’t be long. I am going to play, not be on the bench. Arsenal love to play, and I love teams that love to play.”

Wenger is also believed to be considering an offer for Birmingham’s Scott Dann. There too, though, the Frenchman may face disappointment.

Villas-Boas is keen to recruit a young, English defender as cover for David Luiz and John Terry, and has identified Dann and Cahill as two candidates.

Telegraph

Google translation

The performance of the Barca player Jeffren Suarez in the European Under 21 in Denmark in the pass that gave the first goal against Switzerland in the night 'The Rojita does it proclaimed champion of Europe and marked the third great goal against Belarus in the semifinals championship has attracted interest from other clubs for the player. This time it is the English Fulham are willing to pay eight million euros for Barcelona.

The agent and the player's father, Efren Suarez, said that the player is willing to sign for a Spanish or English club considering that addressed the two strongest leagues in Europe.

To try to close all the details about the uncertain future of the player, next Monday will hold a further meeting with Barcelona.

The only detail that does not quite convince the Fulham squad is that plays in the English second division so that, after being part of the world's best team, emigration to the English side would not exactly a quality leap in his career.

While in Udinese have not lost hope of signing Venezuela. But the footballer's father confirms the refusal of the player join the Italian side.

In addition to Fulham, Liverpool and Valencia are other clubs interested in signing the young end of the boat, but with a lower financial offer to the team coached by Martin Jol.

With a clause to 8 million, Nolan Roux could leave Brest. Courted for weeks by Schalke 04, the French striker has agreed with the German club according to our information. For now, the semi-finals of the Champions League final only offered 4 million euros! Stade Brest will be inflexible on the provision of a player who did reported that half of the transfer since the other will go to the training club Lens.

Google translation

The Inter "again approached the representatives of Eden Hazard to submit to them an attractive proposition" , writes today, the French sports daily L'Equipe, explaining that the talent of the Belgian French champions Lille are in a row of several big clubs interested. Bayern Monaco had already proposed 18 million to Lille, and Paris Saint-Germain the new ownership of the emirs of Qatar and directed by Leonardo made ​​his attempt.

The direction of the capital would not be unwelcome to twenty Belgian national but would like to play in the Champions League. The leaders of Lille, who wait for a "indecent proposal" that makes them withdraw from a commitment to the fans to keep the jewel, but would not strengthen a direct competitor. Here's insistence that the Inter could find a crack, because - L'Equipe wrote - "Milan executives appear ready to make a considerable effort"

Google translation

has reade been lurking on here recently?

Why Twitterman needs to get a grip over football's summer rumour mill

By Brian Reade

Published 23:00 01/07/11

(27) Recommend (15)

Twelve summers ago I was ordered, by the editor, to stand outside Goodison Park, holding aloft an Everton scarf.

It was part of a spoof feature aimed at proving that miracles can happen.

As the photographer snapped away, two pensioners walked past and gawped at us.

"Who’s he?" said one.

"Christ knows," said the other.

"They’re really taking the p*** now. I know we’re skint, but if all we’re signing is old no-marks like that, we’re finished."

And off they trundled. No doubt to the Wilmslow pub, to spread the rumour that Everton had re-signed one of Gordon Lee’s rejects ("...seen him with me own eyes. He hasn’t half gone grey.")

Summer has always seen footballing rumours spread like bush fires, and in recent years the internet has flung petrol on the flames. But today, with Twitter, they’re moving at the speed of light.

Twitterman believes that every player his club is linked with, no matter how obscure, unobtainable or garbage, is “nailed-on” business.

Within minutes of a rogue agent planting the story about his client “being in talks” Twitterman’s Googled him and tweeted his career stats, an analysis of exactly where he’ll fit into the team and the words “GET HIM!!!!”

When that player disappears off the radar he’ll slaughter the club for its inactivity and journalists for supposedly talking up the move, demanding to know “wot da ell’s goin on. GET A GRIP!!!”

Twitterman believes football is like Championship Manager, refusing to comprehend why his club hasn’t snapped up Europe’s top eight players and sold their own worst eight to other mugs by the middle of June, even though there are more attractive clubs than his and everyone’s on holiday.

He moans when his club doesn’t spend (“do ya know how much my season ticket’s gone up? GET A GRIP!!”) and he moans when they spend too much (“£12million for him? Way over da odds.”), even though he’s yet to see what his manager sees in him.

He’ll pass off idle gossip as genuine fact. As in “I’ve heard from someone in da club” when he’s read it on an obscure website called transfertesticles.com, which doesn’t even re-cycle garbage, it just cycles it.

If his club is linked with a British player, Twitterman always has a better foreign wonderkid up his sleeve and will post his YouTube best bits collection as proof, even though you could put together one of Bebe and make him look like Messi (someone already did – Ed) .

Remarkably, they even know what price this wonderkid is available for and what salary he wants.

And he’ll bolster his belief as to why his club should swoop for Sergio Flashinthepannio by damning the British player with the ultimate in football research: “Had im in my fantasy team 2 yrs ago + he’s never fit. Cost me big time.”

Lads, I know you mean well, but GET A GRIP!!

The European transfer window’s been open for one whole day and has two months to run. Oh, and your club probably hasn’t got half the money to spend that you’ve “been led to believe” by “sources” that it has.

Walk to the park, watch the cricket or go and honk your support for striking teachers.

If you must tweet about football, tweet about how you’d improve the game next season (banning teams from playing music after goals and pundits from repeating the word top after top etc..).

Or sit in the garden and pick your Fantasy League team.

Just don’t confuse it with your real one.

Read more: Brian Reade column: Why Twitterman needs to get a grip over football's summer rumour mill - Brian Reade - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Guest davelfc

By Brian Reade

Groundhog-Day-300x258.jpg

By Brian Reade

(27) Recommend (15)

Twelve summers ago I was ordered' date=' by the editor, to stand outside Goodison Park, holding aloft an Everton scarf.

It was part of a spoof feature aimed at proving that miracles can happen.

As the photographer snapped away, two pensioners walked past and gawped at us.

"Who’s he?" said one.

"Christ knows," said the other.

"They’re really taking the p*** now. I know we’re skint, but if all we’re signing is old no-marks like that, we’re finished."

And off they trundled. No doubt to the Wilmslow pub, to spread the rumour that Everton had re-signed one of Gordon Lee’s rejects ("...seen him with me own eyes. He hasn’t half gone grey.")

Summer has always seen footballing rumours spread like bush fires, and in recent years the internet has flung petrol on the flames. But today, with Twitter, they’re moving at the speed of light.

Twitterman believes that every player his club is linked with, no matter how obscure, unobtainable or garbage, is “nailed-on” business.

Within minutes of a rogue agent planting the story about his client “being in talks” Twitterman’s Googled him and tweeted his career stats, an analysis of exactly where he’ll fit into the team and the words “GET HIM!!!!”

When that player disappears off the radar he’ll slaughter the club for its inactivity and journalists for supposedly talking up the move, demanding to know “wot da ell’s goin on. GET A GRIP!!!”

Twitterman believes football is like Championship Manager, refusing to comprehend why his club hasn’t snapped up Europe’s top eight players and sold their own worst eight to other mugs by the middle of June, even though there are more attractive clubs than his and everyone’s on holiday.

He moans when his club doesn’t spend (“do ya know how much my season ticket’s gone up? GET A GRIP!!”) and he moans when they spend too much (“£12million for him? Way over da odds.”), even though he’s yet to see what his manager sees in him.

He’ll pass off idle gossip as genuine fact. As in “I’ve heard from someone in da club” when he’s read it on an obscure website called transfertesticles.com, which doesn’t even re-cycle garbage, it just cycles it.

If his club is linked with a British player, Twitterman always has a better foreign wonderkid up his sleeve and will post his YouTube best bits collection as proof, even though you could put together one of Bebe and make him look like Messi (someone already did – Ed) .

Remarkably, they even know what price this wonderkid is available for and what salary he wants.

And he’ll bolster his belief as to why his club should swoop for Sergio Flashinthepannio by damning the British player with the ultimate in football research: “Had im in my fantasy team 2 yrs ago + he’s never fit. Cost me big time.”

Lads, I know you mean well, but GET A GRIP!!

The European transfer window’s been open for one whole day and has two months to run. Oh, and your club probably hasn’t got half the money to spend that you’ve “been led to believe” by “sources” that it has.

Walk to the park, watch the cricket or go and honk your support for striking teachers.

If you must tweet about football, tweet about how you’d improve the game next season (banning teams from playing music after goals and pundits from repeating the word top after top etc..).

Or sit in the garden and pick your Fantasy League team.

Just don’t confuse it with your real one.

Read more: Brian Reade column: Why Twitterman needs to get a grip over football's summer rumour mill - Brian Reade - MirrorFootball.co.uk

FAO NúmeroUno VagiCuntinho

I dont get this Charlie Adam saga. We offer 8m for a player in the final year of his contract, a player Blackpool only payed 500 grand for 2 seasons back, a player who has told them he doesn't want to play for them anymore and Liverpool is his first choice and yet Blackpool are demanding an extra million quid for his services??? So raking in SIXTEEN times the original price you bought him for is not good enough! Who the fuck are they trying to kid.

A big part of me wants this to go right to the last day of the season and for us to then lower our offer to 4m! Its a very risky game Blackpool are playing as they may end up with fuck all after they originally could of got 14m for him.

Joke of a Chairman who seems to have a personal issue with us if you ask me!

I dont get this Charlie Adam saga. We offer 8m for a player in the final year of his contract, a player Blackpool only payed 500 grand for 2 seasons back, a player who has told them he doesn't want to play for them anymore and Liverpool is his first choice and yet Blackpool are demanding an extra million quid for his services??? So raking in SIXTEEN times the original price you bought him for is not good enough! Who the fuck are they trying to kid.

I think it's because Holloway and Rangers are getting a cut on the fee, so Oyston is trying to rake in all he can. Doesn't make him any less of a tit though.