You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

WTF are you talking about?

I seem to remember that you were extremely optimistic last season also happy about Hodgson, happy about Cole, happy about Raul?

And this season, you are also extremely optimistic!

Whereas I am crabby, bored and dying for the season to start, and generally expecting things to be shite when it does!

Sorry for being obtuse, I am not normally this pessimistic, I was happy with Downing, but I am posting and catching upon work, and tired!

Well I must say that the last eight pages or so of this thread have been highly entertaining.

As for Birmingham's alleged valuation of Dann at £24m, do Carson Yeung and Vico Hui have there own opium den at St Andrew's?

13 million for a eighteen year old who has hardly set the championship alight is way too much. Especially considering that he would be fourth choice for us.

Finally the penny has dropped some people who have thought we have an infinite amount of money to spend on transfers.

A couple of weeks ago according to the ITKs on twitter it was suppose to be Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal who were after Wickham then he suddenly ends up at Sunderland, he had such a promising career, where did it all go wrong?

Lets hope someone pips us to Adam and Downing too. Would certainly be a boost

Downing I think we could do with. I'd pass on old Charlie.

But if Wickham is heading to Sunderland it must mean they've convinced him to go there with one hell of a deal or our interest was never as serious as led to believe.

I think players we really want and can actually get, we will.

Guest simon
Anyone know why StevieH seems to have dropped off the face of the planet?

He told me to tell you he decided to take a break from posting for a while.

Thats what he says Hicks JR has probably kidnapped him.

He says hello and hopes everyone is ok.

Guest San Don
Downing I think we could do with. I'd pass on old Charlie.

But if Wickham is heading to Sunderland it must mean they've convinced him to go there with one hell of a deal or our interest was never as serious as led to believe.

I think players we really want and can actually get, we will.

More likely promised him he'll go straight into the first team.

Sunderland held talks with Connor Wickham’s representatives in London last night after stealing a march on Liverpool in the pursuit of the Ipswich Town teenager.

The npower Championship club have accepted an undisclosed bid of about £10 million from Sunderland for the highly regarded striker and Steve Bruce, the manager, hopes that he can persuade Wickham to move to Wearside.

Anfield has long been the preferred destination for the England Under-21 player and his family and, while it has been a widely held assumption that the 18-year-old would move there, Liverpool are concentrating on signing Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Gaël Clichy.

Ipswich have been eager to secure the best-possible price for their leading asset and, in contrast with Liverpool, Sunderland could offer Wickham regular first-team football this season. They hope that will swing momentum in their favour for a player who has also been monitored by Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal.

Bruce is close to announcing deals for Craig Gardner, who will leave Birmingham City for £6 million, and Ji Dong Won, the South Korea forward.

From the Times. Don't think we're out of this one yet.