You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Really is ridiculous how the media is banging on about how much of a gamble it is for us to buy Henderson for £16m while praising Slur's own £16m signing of a man with half the PL appearances of Henderson. Shows the media here for what it is and maybe not just the media, I'd love to see if Stuart Pearce would have said Jones is the future of England had it been us who signed him. I know what I'd do if i was a betting man.

Also, the likes of Tom_LFC and Pault86 know fuck all, why are people posting their tweets here?

calling bullshit on the Jones rumour

I think there's something in it.

The bloke was tracked by five clubs so surely he'd go for more than the amount his break clause. Blackburn will want a auction and they'll get one.

If nothing else, it will force Utd to pay a few more million and that's never a bad thing.

Really is ridiculous how the media is banging on about how much of a gamble it is for us to buy Henderson for £16m while praising Slur's own £16m signing of a man with half the PL appearances of Henderson. Shows the media here for what it is and maybe not just the media, I'd love to see if Stuart Pearce would have said Jones is the future of England had it been us who signed him. I know what I'd do if i was a betting man.

Also, the likes of Tom_LFC and Pault86 know fuck all, why are people posting their tweets here?

Chill out, bean sprout.

I follow Tom_LFC, he knows fuck all. He is not an ITK, he even admits that, but he then tweets in a way that makes it seem like he is. He then goes missing for a few hours when something does not go the way he says (since he himself relies on twitter/newspapers/as sources)

Pault86 could be ITK, but I think he is just better at figuring things out and giving himself a way to get out of statements that he gets wrong.

I think there's something in it.

The bloke was tracked by five clubs so surely he'd go for more than the amount his break clause. Blackburn will want a auction and they'll get one.

If nothing else, it will force Utd to pay a few more million and that's never a bad thing.

if he does have the release clause (16million the one i keep hearing) and Scum have met it they are powerless to stop him joining them and starting an auction

it is possible that Blackburn allowed him to have a medical prior to a fee being agreed though

Why would we bid £19m when his release clause is £16m?

Would be piss funny if he came to us now, Glen Hysen MK II, but I can't see it happening.

Also Tom_LFC knows fuck all. All the other supposed ITK's were giving him shit earlier in the week.

Haha ....yeah we are going to bid more than the release clause. If that guy on twitter was going to make stuff up at least make it realistic.

There is no problem with the logic. The release clause defines the price that triggers a transfer. If there are more than one interested (buying) parties, it defines the starting point for negotiations. Obviously the player can stop it immediately by saying that he will only transfer to one specific club.

Having said all that, I doubt that a player would go through all the hassle of medicals and stuff suddenly to change his mind. But the selling club most certainly wants many bids, and an increased bid by us at least would put some pressure on the player and cause some mischief at the Manc camp. That cannot hurt us.

Where did this Cissokho link come from, anyway?

I'd definitely prefer Clichy to Enrique. Baines will be going to City for a truckload of cash... as per usual.

Kenny went to watch a Lyon game a few months ago. It was Cissokho that was being watched. I think some people thought it was Lovren, but apparently not.

There is no problem with the logic. The release clause defines the price that triggers a transfer. If there are more than one interested (buying) parties, it defines the starting point for negotiations. Obviously the player can stop it immediately by saying that he will only transfer to one specific club.

Having said all that, I doubt that a player would go through all the hassle of medicals and stuff suddenly to change his mind. But the selling club most certainly wants many bids, and an increased bid by us at least would put some pressure on the player and cause some mischief at the Manc camp. That cannot hurt us.

I don't see it that way at all, surely when the release fee is met then the buying club stops dealing with the selling club and starts negotiations with the player.

Kenny went to watch a Lyon game a few months ago. It was Cissokho that was being watched. I think some people thought it was Lovren, but apparently not.

How do you know who was being watched? Not being sarcy, just wondering. Because they also have Bastos who can play anywhere on the left. Maybe Kenny had a look at him too. And hasn't Pjanic been mentioned as a decent player? He's only 21, but another midfielder.

@MOgdenTelegraph Mark Ogden

Phil Jones deal hitch as Venkys hold out for £25m. - Phil Jones' transfer to Manchester United held up as Venky's want £25 million for defender - Telegraph #mufc #brfc

Venky's, who completed their Blackburn takeover last November, believe that Jones is worth £25 million because of the confirmed interest of United, Liverpool and Arsenal in the centre-half.

United, who have agreed a £15 million transfer fee with Aston Villa for Ashley Young, believed they had secured England Under-21 international Jones to a five-year deal after triggering his escape clause on Tuesday by offering in excess of £16 million for the player.

Jones has passed a medical and agreed personal terms with United, but the transfer is yet to be rubber-stamped because of the confusion at Ewood Park, which has led owners Venky's to believe that the £16 million trigger clause enabled clubs to only speak to Jones before making a more sizeable offer.

Venky's’ football advisers are understood to be attempting to resolve the impasse by making it clear to the Indian owners that the clause, inserted into Jones’s contract when he agreed an extension to his terms in February, enables a transfer to take place at the cost of the escape clause.

There are no fears at United or among the player’s advisers that the transfer is in any doubt.

Liverpool are struggling to reach a compromise pay-off agreement with Milan Jovanovic in order to move the Serbian international on.

Anderlecht and FC Brugge have offered Jovanovic, 29, a return to Belgian football but the former Standard Liege striker is not prepared to take a considerable cut on his £60,000-a-week wages.

He is said to be chasing a one-off payment of around £2.5million to leave.

Jovanovic's preference would be to join French champions Lille but there has been no firm offer for the 29-year-old, who is currently recovering from knee surgery.

Read more: Liverpool struggle to pay off Milan Jovanovic | Mail Online

Catania have claimed that Liverpool are interested in their Argentine defender Matias Silvestre.

The versatile 26-year-old has been playing for the Serie A club for the past three-and-a-half seasons, having arrived in Italy from Boca Juniors in January 2008.

His performances over the past 12 months have been particularly impressive and Catania general manager Pietro Lo Monaco admitted in April it was probably time for him to move on to a bigger stage.

Lo Monaco has now declared that Liverpool are among the clubs chasing Silvestre's signature, along with Villarreal and a couple of Italian rivals.

"Top of the list of those moving on is Silvestre," Lo Monaco told Itasportpress.

"I'd struggle to keep him here, considering what a great player he is. There are two Italian clubs tracking him, but Liverpool and Villarreal are also interested in Silvestre.

"Silvestre is worth as much as Thiago Silva and scores more goals."

Staying put

There is expected to be a lot of transfer activity in and out of Catania following Vincenzo Montella's appointment as head coach this week, but Lo Monaco would like to keep as many of the club's key players as possible.

"As for Maxi Lopez, he will leave if there is a decent offer, otherwise he'll stay with us," explained the official.

"Cristian Llama and Marco Biagianti are 100 per cent staying at Catania.

"We turned down an offer for Mario Gomez from a European club. We're not sure about Taka Morimoto, but it's probable he will remain."

Sky Sports