You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Last December how excited would you have been if someone told you LFC were gonna splurge £55m on two players? £55m!!?? No way, brilliant, who on??

Snieder? Benzema or maybe Sanchez or Mata?? Wha?? Andy Carroll and some bloke called Henderson…..???? Oh….right…......

It'll be heavily offset by what they sell though.

You could be right, but firstly you have to persuade Nani and Berbatov to leave, although Steven Bruce has 15 million quid to spend on Welbeck, Gibson and Wes Brown!

Still touching 60 million, and a dramatic increase in wages.

The one that interests me is Young, now United might be playing funny buggers and telling him to sit tight to put pressure on Villa, but the speed with which they sealed this deal compared to the fact that Young hasn't signed, and if the rumours about Nasri have any strength maybe the Young deal isn't as straight forward as it seems.

I would argue that United didn't plan for this purchase and they were probably hoping to wait a year, or pay 10 million, maybe Henderson has prompted them to move, which might have a knock on effect.

Dann is not good enough and I would rather keep a hilf fit agger then pay what we will have to to get an average prem defender like dann.

People seem to be baffled how we got 7m for ngog a player who has got goals in the prem, europe, u21s and are saying we got a more then what hes worth.Yet most seem happy and want us to pay 10m for a youngster who has not played at all in the prem and has a shit goal scoring record in wickham.

I always thought we'd sign Jones and Dann so I expect us to still sign Dann.

He used to play sunday league with mates of a mate and they said he's defo coming so we'll see.

Maybe we went for Jones because we heard of his clause and we felt we needed to swoop.

United have got a good player there but onwards and upwards (I hope he breaks his leg)

who would dann "replace" if he does come here?

Agger maybe?

Have you seen much of Dann to be fair i havent seen much of him.

You rate him ngog?

Would be nice to have a local lad to take over from carra in a few years.

I've not seen him, but Birmingham finishing 9th with him in the team and then getting relegated when he was injured paints a big big picture.

Dann is not good enough and I would rather keep a hilf fit agger then pay what we will have to to get an average prem defender like dann.

People seem to be baffled how we got 7m for ngog a player who has got goals in the prem, europe, u21s and are saying we got a more then what hes worth.Yet most seem happy and want us to pay 10m for a youngster who has not played at all in the prem and has a shit goal scoring record in wickham.

You're a fucking WUM. Negged.

Why would they get Sneijder or Modric? The former wants to stay at Inter and can you really see spurs selling their best player?

It has been rumoured that spurs will have to sell to buy after missing out on the champions league. They also sold Berbatov, their best player at the time, not too long ago to the mancs. So it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he went there.

I've not seen him, but Birmingham finishing 9th with him in the team and then getting relegated when he was injured paints a big big picture.

No it doesnt, Birmingham were shit at the start of the season aswell when dann was fit,last season brum over achieved, this season they had expectation and the players flopped, one player does not determine how a team does.

Dann is a carra kind of defender in hes shit on the ball and just hoofs everything away, however he is not as good defensively and we should be looking for a lot better, I would happily play soto over Dann.

Why would they get Sneijder or Modric? The former wants to stay at Inter and can you really see spurs selling their best player?

Sneijder said a lot of times that he'd like to move to Utd. Also heard on talkshite that they spoke to a Dutch journo who said Sneijder was very keen.

Looks like he'll move to England, either Utd or Chelsea it seems.

I think Inter may be willing to sell him and have lined up Ganso as a replacement.

re: Modric - you're saying that as if Spurs don't have previous history of selling their best players, specifically to the mancs.

Dann will be JC's long term replacement.

You don't think Kelly will be? Also, if we sign a decent left back and Johnson goes to right back, surely Kelly isn't going to be left on the bench... Wonder if Kenny will place both on the same side, one as winger.

Would like to see Kelly given a chance at CB in one of the cup competitions too.

And yeah, I'll stop banging on about Kelly at CB. (for now anyway.)

Sneijder said a lot of times that he'd like to move to Utd. Also heard on talkshite that they spoke to a Dutch journo who said Sneijder was very keen.

Looks like he'll move to England, either Utd or Chelsea it seems.

I think Inter may be willing to sell him and have lined up Ganso as a replacement.

re: Modric - you're saying that as if Spurs don't have previous history of selling their best players, specifically to the mancs.

Not a chance his missus is moving to manchester. London? Maybe, but i'd have thought he'll stay in Milan.

Re: Modric - Spurs aren't the same team that they were when they sold Berba. They've had a taste of champions league and they're not getting back there if they sell their best players. They have a good owner, fans with expectation, decent manager and a good core of players. I don't see them selling Modric or Bale.

JermainePennant, he laughs in the face of Neggings!

He thinks Soto is better than Dann!

The man is mad!

The man is fucking barmy!

What are you judging dann on?The fact they had a good season when he was fit when they played total defensive football.Dann is a bottom half version of carra, we need better and seeing as balls in to our box are a problem Sotos aerial power would be more benefit to us then a shit defender like dann.

Playing 1 decent season in the prem where the whole team was behind the half way line does not prove to me they are good enough for liverpool but for some it seems it does,If all we can add is dann there is no point imo as he is not better then what we have which is what I thought we were looking for.

Nasri's not a winger

When he's often on the left you could say he's an attacking mid/winger that cuts in. (edit : just checked and his wiki page says he's an attacking mid/winger too, surely you've seen the amount of time he's on the left.) Slur will probably have him doing that anyway if he goes there. I really like him as a player anyway, would love to see him here too.

Abs will definitely cry if he leaves.

What are you judging dann on?The fact they had a good season when he was fit when they played total defensive football.Dann is a bottom half version of carra, we need better and seeing as balls in to our box are a problem Sotos aerial power would be more benefit to us then a shit defender like dann.

Playing 1 decent season in the prem where the whole team was behind the half way line does not prove to me they are good enough for liverpool but for some it seems it does,If all we can add is dann there is no point imo as he is not better then what we have which is what I thought we were looking for.

Soto got us knocked out of the UEFA cup two years running! He is that good!

He is about as useful as an autistic kid with OCD in a jumble sale! He has absolutely no idea what to do, and just looks like he should be somewhere else, which is correct, he should, at Doncaster or Rangers.

Dann has proven he can defend in a team that is well respected for its defending, which is more or less what you are saying but from a non hysterical point of view!