You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No chance of that, mate. People have already made up their minds.

People are commenting on players we've been linked to, nothing more. Isn't that the purpose of a messageboard? Are you both seriously suggesting that we don't discuss potential signings, or that we wait until it is confirmed by the club?

People are commenting on players we've been linked to, nothing more. Isn't that the purpose of a messageboard? Are you both seriously suggesting that we don't discuss potential signings, or that we wait until it is confirmed by the club?

If old melted plastic face is allowed to do it, we should be too.

I didn't think Wilson was very good before he got here, and, for me, in the little he's played, he's not done anything to change my opinion. My Scottish mates who were over for the game last weekend (1 Rangers, 1 Celtic) were saying again that they were amazed when we signed him as they simple don't think he's top level. I agree and think he'll have a fine career in Scotland when we sell him back there at a loss.

Discussing potential signings is one thing, but post after post of negativity gets a bit wearying, especially when people have already made their opinions on players clear. Downing isn't good enough and we're paying too much for him, Adam isn't good enough and we're paying too much for him, Henderson isn't good enough and we're paying too much for him. I'm amazed at how people find the time to watch all these players week in, week out to know all their qualities (not to mention the endless numbers of players from across Europe that we should apparently be buying instead.)

It makes more sense, to me at least, to just relax and see what happens, rather than getting all het up over imaginary figures for players who haven't even signed yet.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Discussing potential signings is one thing, but post after post of negativity gets a bit wearying

I think you're only reading the posts you want to read and ignoring positive posts about players like Mata, Cissoko, Enrique, Jones, Wickham et al.

It makes more sense, to me at least, to just relax and see what happens, rather than getting all het up over imaginary figures for players who haven't even signed yet.

Again, are you suggesting that we shouldn't comment on things that people like Tony Barrett has said? We can comment on possible signings and then also comment on what actually happens, can't we? Just because some of it is negative - and I suspect it is about players you like - you've got a problem with it.

I actually think that less talk and commentary about other posters and what they should or shouldn't post about, and more debate about players, would make this thread a whole lot better.

Writing another kid off, this place gets worse

Oh sweet fucking Jesus, are you at this horseshite again?

Are we supposed to just shut up unless we say we think a player's brilliant?

If you don't think a player is very good, and we sign him do you automatically just now say you think he's great?

I've never thought he was very good. I was surprised when we signed him. And nothing has changed in the limitied chances he's had. That may change, but I very much doubt it and think he'll end up back at Rangers which I think is his level. This is an opinion/discussion board. And that's my opinion.

If you want people just saying all our players are great then dip into RAWK every now and then and you'll be more then happy. If you want discussion and people actually been honest with their opinions on players and not been a bunch of kids on LFC.TV saying XXXXX Liverpool player is the greatest ever, then stay on these forums and stop been soft. We are allowed have opinions on players.

Writing another kid off, this place gets worse

Put your fucking toys back in the pram.

No one has written Wilson off, he hasn't played two games at centre half so no one is able to judge whether he could make it or not.

A couple of us have said when played out of position he was shit.

He was.

I'll write Wilson off, too small, too slow, too weak, not good enough. Can't see him getting taller, can't see him getting fast no matter how much he plays for Rangers. Sorry but you can't be small and slow and expect to play Centre half at the top level.

Ayala, Widom and Kelly are better than him, and if Jones comes he will be better than him, so i can't see him having a future here in the long term.

Guest PurpleNose

Anyone have any idea what will happen with Ayala?

Sold? Loaned out? Brought into the first team squad?

Seems a good young centreback. Just got a feeling he's going to quietly leave the club like San Jose did. Be a shame.

I think you're only reading the posts you want to read and ignoring positive posts about players like Mata, Cissoko, Enrique, Jones, Wickham et al.

I'm not ignoring anything. The few positive posts have been swamped in a deluge of "Player X is shit and overpriced, we need much better, blah blah blah". It isn't necessary to keep saying this shit over and over again.

, are you suggesting that we shouldn't comment on things that people like Tony Barrett has said?

Tony Barrett wouldn't know how much anyone is going to cost, and I reckon he would admit as much himself.

can comment on possible signings and then also comment on what actually happens, can't we? Just because some of it is negative - and I suspect it is about players you like - you've got a problem with it.

I have a problem with exactly what I've said that I have a problem with. I would like us to sign Adam. I'm not really sure about Henderson. I think Downing is a good Premiership player but not top class. If you don't rate them or you think they're overpriced then whatever, but saying it over and over again isn't going to change anything and the relentless negativity is tiresome (to me at least).

I actually think that less talk and commentary about other posters and what they should or shouldn't post about, and more debate about players, would make this thread a whole lot better.

Where is the debate? If you post something about how Adam or Downing were statistically among the best midfielders in the league last season you get told that it doesn't matter and that they're "shit" anyway. If that's the level of "debate" then why even bother?

What's this obsession with writing off Wilson. Is it just because we paid money for him? Would be be writing off a 19 year old from the academy who was already a Scottish international? The Mancs (and I hate to admit it) have a pretty good record of discovering young talent but a few years ago Old Bacon Face couldn't see much of a future for 21 year old (not 19) Giuseppe Rossi and sold him for 6m. Now at 24 Rossi looks pretty world class.

Only a fool would be writing Wilson off at this stage. I think he's also 6"1 and good in the air.

Edited by RoyHodgeGone

Liverpool news - Bojan and Jeffren chase, Alonso misses Reds, Poulsen wants time

Bojan and Jeffren chase.

Liverpool are reportedly interested in Barcelona forwards Bojan Krkic and Jeffren, the Daily Mail reports. The Reds have been linked with the young forwards for some time and manager Kenny Dalglish is looking to rebuild his squad for a push into the Champions League places next season.

The Merseysiders have supposedly made contact with Barcelona over the forwards and are expected to make a £17 million offer for the pair with both reported to be unhappy with the lack of first team football they are getting at the Nou Camp.

23 year old Jeffren and 20 year old Krkic both hold the ability to play on the wings and Dalglish is looking to strengthen his side’s width. Both players have been brought through the famous La Masia youth academy at Barcelona, which has produced such talents as Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas.

What's this obsession with writing off Wilson. Is it just because we paid money for him? Would be be writing off a 19 year old from the academy who was already a Scottish international? The Mancs (and I hate to admit it) have a pretty good record of discovering young talent but a few years ago Old Bacon Face couldn't see much of a future for 21 year old (not 19) Giuseppe Rossi and sold him for 6m. Now at 24 Rossi looks pretty world class.

Only a fool would be writing Wilson off at this stage. I think he's also 6"1 and good in the air.

Eh! Obsession, sorry but offering an opinion that he is not good enough is no an 'obsession' it is just an opinion.

He isn't good enough, not arsed what we paid for him, he is not good enough. Perhaps we should have kept Jack Hobbs, just in case he came good!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm not ignoring anything. The few positive posts have been swamped in a deluge of "Player X is shit and overpriced, we need much better, blah blah blah". It isn't necessary to keep saying this shit over and over again.

It's called dialogue between fans on a message board. Equally, is it necessary to keep commenting on other people's postings, over and over and over again?

Tony Barrett wouldn't know how much anyone is going to cost, and I reckon he would admit as much himself.

Do you want to answer the question that I've asked more than twice on this thread? Are you seriously suggesting that we don't talk about the players being written about by Barrett and that are all over the media?

I have a problem with exactly what I've said that I have a problem with. I would like us to sign Adam. I'm not really sure about Henderson. I think Downing is a good Premiership player but not top class. If you don't rate them or you think they're overpriced then whatever, but saying it over and over again isn't going to change anything and the relentless negativity is tiresome (to me at least).

So it is because you want some of the players. If it is becoming tiresome, and you only want to comment on things after they happen, why keep coming into this thread and having a pop?

Where is the debate? If you post something about how Adam or Downing were statistically among the best midfielders in the league last season you get told that it doesn't matter and that they're "shit" anyway. If that's the level of "debate" then why even bother?

Then don't bother. Fuck off out of it if you're not interested.

Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has told liverpoolfc.tv that he misses life at Anfield. The Spanish international midfielder reluctantly left Liverpool two years ago after being frozen out by former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Alonso, who is currently at Spanish giants Real Madrid, said: ‘I miss lots of things. I miss the lads, I miss the atmosphere at Melwood and the scenario of Anfield is unbeatable. The special nights I have been privileged enough to live, those will be in my memory forever and they are difficult to compare anywhere in the world’.

During a five year spell on Merseyside, Alonso was close friends with Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard and defender Jamie Carragher. The 29 year old said about the two: ‘The importance they had in the changing room, it was very important for me to have a good relationship with them. Being from Liverpool, knowing how things were at that moment and winning the Champions League in the first year made the relationship stronger. That is why they are still good friends’.

is this a come and get me plea?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Liverpool news - Bojan and Jeffren chase, Alonso misses Reds, Poulsen wants time

Bojan and Jeffren chase.

Liverpool are reportedly interested in Barcelona forwards Bojan Krkic and Jeffren, the Daily Mail reports. The Reds have been linked with the young forwards for some time and manager Kenny Dalglish is looking to rebuild his squad for a push into the Champions League places next season.

The Merseysiders have supposedly made contact with Barcelona over the forwards and are expected to make a £17 million offer for the pair with both reported to be unhappy with the lack of first team football they are getting at the Nou Camp.

23 year old Jeffren and 20 year old Krkic both hold the ability to play on the wings and Dalglish is looking to strengthen his side’s width. Both players have been brought through the famous La Masia youth academy at Barcelona, which has produced such talents as Lionel Messi and Cesc Fabregas.

I think it'd be quite a gamble to bring somebody so ridiculously lightweight into the league. Talented player, and 17m for the pair would be quite good. Risky.

I'll write Wilson off, too small, too slow, too weak, not good enough. Can't see him getting taller, can't see him getting fast no matter how much he plays for Rangers. Sorry but you can't be small and slow and expect to play Centre half at the top level.

Ayala, Widom and Kelly are better than him, and if Jones comes he will be better than him, so i can't see him having a future here in the long term.

Is this a fucking wind up?

Carragher is actually shorter than Wilson, and he sure as fuck ain't fast and never was.

Ayala is proper shit and Wisdom doesn't even have an appearance for the first team.

If you want to say he was bad at left back then that's fine, but writing off his chances at playing center back for us based on his performances as a left back (or even fucking worse as a left wingback like the West Ham game) is just daft. Where's the sense in that?

When he actually played at CB for us which happened at some Europa League matches (I think Steaua and Utrecht away) he was completely alright if people bother to remember that.