You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

01 Jun 2011 16:01:09

It was early morning today when I was walking in Madrid, near the Vicente Calderon (a magnificent stadia, I must say) during my 3 day tour there.

A black Cadillac parked about 8 metres from us (me, my brother and mother-in-law.

As the (left side) doors of the vehicle openned, with two men about to get off, suddenly came 4 running young men who being chased by 3 guards.

They sped past us and, as the two men in the Cadillac were about to make their way out of the car, two of these young men tripped and crashed into of the man emerging from the back of the Cadillac.

The man fell very hard and dropped his suitcase which smashed against... I think it was a steel bin.

The suitcase openned and it's contents, a couple of documents, got all over the place (it was quiet windy).

Strangely, one of the documents fell right on my feet.

As you would expect, I picked them up. I couldn't hold them firmly as the wind was blowing them in all directions and I was also carrying my baggage.

But I managed to see a few lines.

I'm not sure but I believe one of the things I saw was "Liverpool Football Club; Atletico; 45m; Sergio Aguero; cash".

Before I could read for more, the man who had fell, the owner of the documents, had quickly raced to me and grabbed them.

He was white, had black, neatly tidied hair and wore glasses.

He said something of this effect to me: " this is supposed to be a surprise, okay? So help me keep it that way. I know what you saw, but just, keep it hush-hush."

"Sir", I replied, pointing to my LFC shirt, cap and keyholder, "is Aguero going to be turning out in these next season?"

He smiled and said, "Stop asking questions. Know that you'll be delighted and thrilled 12 weeks from now, if of course you're what I think you are."

He buttoned his tuxedo and, with a fine French accent, "Walk on, friend."

He walked away, and entered the Calderon.

Make of this what you will, but I know what I saw.

+++++

What the fuck?!?! That is the biggest fucking lunatic asylum on the internet.

That's what I'm thinking but people actually believe this stuff. I've signed up to Twitter but I'm just getting to grips with it and I imagine shit like that would clog up news feeds due to mongs lapping it up. I suppose I could just unfollow these pricks but I find crushing their beliefs more fun.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says there has been no bid from Liverpool for his highly-rated midfielder James McCarthy.

The 20-year-old is a confirmed target for Reds boss Kenny Dalglish but only at the right price.

Liverpool's director of football Damien Comolli has been negotiating with Wigan to try and broker a deal but as yet no formal bid has been tabled, and it won't be until a compromise is close.

Whelan denies receiving any bids from any clubs for McCarthy but confessed that he may have to cash in.

He said: "James is a quality young player, and the intention is to be keeping hold of players of that calibre.

"In the end, of course, you have to let them go, there's no question about that. It's how long you can keep them here and it also depends what the lad himself wants to do.

"You have to listen to players' demands and the reasons for that, and you have to be realistic with everybody. But it's too early to be analysing any of that.

"At this moment in time, we don't know if anybody is coming in for any of our players, and whether those players would want to leave if we decided they could go."

Meanwhile, various media sources have linked Liverpool with Monaco's Cameroon international winger Benjamin Moukandjo. The fact that it appears in various publications at the same time suggests a leak from an agent or Monaco.

Liverpool continue to negotiate for James McCarthy | Liverpool FC News

-------------------------------------

Long ass transfer window indeed.

koptalk

01 Jun 2011 16:01:09

It was early morning today when I was walking in Madrid, near the Vicente Calderon (a magnificent stadia, I must say) during my 3 day tour there.

A black Cadillac parked about 8 metres from us (me, my brother and mother-in-law.

As the (left side) doors of the vehicle openned, with two men about to get off, suddenly came 4 running young men who being chased by 3 guards.

They sped past us and, as the two men in the Cadillac were about to make their way out of the car, two of these young men tripped and crashed into of the man emerging from the back of the Cadillac.

The man fell very hard and dropped his suitcase which smashed against... I think it was a steel bin.

The suitcase openned and it's contents, a couple of documents, got all over the place (it was quiet windy).

Strangely, one of the documents fell right on my feet.

As you would expect, I picked them up. I couldn't hold them firmly as the wind was blowing them in all directions and I was also carrying my baggage.

But I managed to see a few lines.

I'm not sure but I believe one of the things I saw was "Liverpool Football Club; Atletico; 45m; Sergio Aguero; cash".

Before I could read for more, the man who had fell, the owner of the documents, had quickly raced to me and grabbed them.

He was white, had black, neatly tidied hair and wore glasses.

He said something of this effect to me: " this is supposed to be a surprise, okay? So help me keep it that way. I know what you saw, but just, keep it hush-hush."

"Sir", I replied, pointing to my LFC shirt, cap and keyholder, "is Aguero going to be turning out in these next season?"

He smiled and said, "Stop asking questions. Know that you'll be delighted and thrilled 12 weeks from now, if of course you're what I think you are."

He buttoned his tuxedo and, with a fine French accent, "Walk on, friend."

He walked away, and entered the Calderon.

Make of this what you will, but I know what I saw.

+++++

What the fuck?!?! That is the biggest fucking lunatic asylum on the internet.

HAHA That is comedy gold.

Best post ive read all year without doubt.

I especially like the penultimate sentence, like something you'd expect in a novel.

We will be lucky to even sell Konchesky, Greek, Insua, Darby, Aquilani, Poulsen, Cole, Jovanovic and N'Gog - all in one summer. Never mind bringing in £35m for that rubbish.

Agger won't be sold though.

We dont need to Sell Insua . He is out of contract

We dont need to Sell Insua . He is out of contract

Bosman free transfers only apply to those aged 24 and over. As he's still under 24 we would be entitled to compensation for having developed the player, even if he is out of contract.