You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Of course there is another Premiership club that's going to be needing a replacement keeper very soon.

And that for me is the truth and something I've also been saying for a while. I reckon Chelsea will use Torres big style to tap up Reina over the coming months. Czech has lost his nerve and needs replacing. I'll guarantee a big bid for Pepe in the summer form them. And if there is a £20m release clause then I guarantee Chelsea will activate that, and then the ball is in Pepes court.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not been 100% committed since the summer, hence the clause being put in his contract. He's clearly put out overtures to Man Utd and Arsenal with his comments and were it not for the fact that Brad Jones is our back up, I'd put him in the reserves instantly. Maybe the club will go forward properly when the last of the high-profile Spaniards leave. Their culture is different, loyalty has even less meaning than it does here.

And that for me is the truth and something I've also been saying for a while. I reckon Chelsea will use Torres big style to tap up Reina over the coming months. Czech has lost his nerve and needs replacing. I'll guarantee a big bid for Pepe in the summer form them. And if there is a £20m release clause then I guarantee Chelsea will activate that, and then the ball is in Pepes court.

Fazakerley

He's not been 100% committed since the summer, hence the clause being put in his contract. He's clearly put out overtures to Man Utd and Arsenal with his comments and were it not for the fact that Brad Jones is our back up, I'd put him in the reserves instantly. Maybe the club will go forward properly when the last of the high-profile Spaniards leave. Their culture is different, loyalty has even less meaning than it does here.

Have you ever been accused of being a tad melodramatic?

Perhaps prone to overreaction?

Just ever-so-slightly mental?

Well that would be very noble of him. I suppose we should be grateful eh?

WE ought to decide how many more seasons he has here.

Also I don't buy all of this 'lost in translation' shit with Reina either. With Torres maybe' date=' but Pepe has a much stronger grasp and appreciation of English than most.[/b']

He should/would not be speking to Journo's about his contract at all if he was not thinking about it.

It wasn't lost in translation, but they haven't used the full quote.

He was asked about Utd and Arsenal both needing new keepers, he agreed they may well do but he has a contract with Liverpool.

There is really no need to get hysterical about this because by all accounts the interview is not in the least way incriminating. The goon at Sky who wrote the story has handpicked a fragment of an interview and totally taken it out of context.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

Reina: "I would like to challenge for trophies, of course. Champions League is important, but nothing is fundamental."

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

Reina quotes are legit: "VDS hanging up gloves, Arsenal looking for keeper, but I have just renewed contract at #LFC, so nothing I can do.."

The interview was a radio interview with Torres and also Pepe's dad.

Seriously, people shouldn't get upset because it's a total non story. It also apparently emanated from the Scum so that tells you all you need to know.

Have you ever been accused of being a tad melodramatic?

Perhaps prone to overreaction?

Just ever-so-slightly mental?

I'm not sure what's wrong with that post. If a player is not entirely committed it's only natural to drop them if a replacement of the right quality is available. And it's true that there's a different footballing culture on the continent - Players move between their biggest rivals all the time, there's not the same notion that some things are off-bounds. He didn't need to mention Van Der Sar and Arsenal followed by a wistful "but I signed a new contract..." but he did. Look at how many players add the "but I have a contract..." caveat just before they up sticks.

I'm not sure what's wrong with that post. If a player is not entirely committed it's only natural to drop them if a replacement of the right quality is available. And it's true that there's a different footballing culture on the continent - Players move between their biggest rivals all the time, there's not the same notion that some things are off-bounds. He didn't need to mention Van Der Sar and Arsenal followed by a wistful "but I signed a new contract..." but he did. Look at how many players add the "but I have a contract..." caveat just before they up sticks.

But he didn't mention Van Der Sar, Arsenal or United. They were mentioned in the questions asked to him. After reading the actual translated interview he didn't really say or do anything wrong.

But he didn't mention Van Der Sar, Arsenal or United. They were mentioned in the questions asked to him. After reading the actual translated interview he didn't really say or do anything wrong.

He mentioned him in response to the question. He could have laughed it off and said "No chance!" but instead it was punctuated by "I have a contract so there's nothing I can do". It's typical football speak, I've seen it far too many times to dismiss this.

One thing's for certain, keep hold of Kenny and we'll be going in the right direction alot quicker than people thought. A strong finish in the league this season and a massive push for the Europa League trophy would give everyone in the squad a massive boost going in to the summer. I think it's vital we give the Europa our 100% commitment, this club is crying out for a trophy.

I think it's vital we give the Europa our 100% commitment, this club is crying out for a trophy.

Exactly. They want to win trophies? They think they're good enough to win trophies? Well start by winning that one! Don't just wait to sneak into another team's winning picture. Everyone wants to be Josemi these days.

A personal prediction or based on some firmer information?

Personal.... So I wouldn't take any note of SKY.

With VDS retiring (40) this summer, it wouldn't surprise me if the Media/FA/SKY/The Queen will all be wanting Raina going to United, if you think Torres to Chelsea leaves a bitter taste, wait until the summer.... the press biggest story for 12 weeks will be "Raina for United"

Does anyone think the agent won't try talks?

People honestly not worried by those quotes? After what's just happened with Torres? Mad.

No point worrying about something you cannot control. I used to worry about stuff like this, not now. The club almost being ruined by two cowboys puts things in perspective. Losing a player doesn't even come close.

The Mancs can't afford him.

They're skint. They've been linked with everyone under the sun to look like they want to buy big. Probably to try and please Rooney.

Shrek will be sold in the summer, how else will they pay their interest bill?

That contract drama in the summer was a front to get the price up.

They better hope nobody notices hes been utter shite for at least two years.

(6)