You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steve Clarke

BigMike

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did a quick search on him and found out that he is 6ft 1.

Is he a good passer of the ball?

Is he more of a creative midfielder or a goalscoring midfielder, or both?

If you're talking about Ness, then the very few games I've seen him play in, he's been played in an anchor role in the centre of the park. He looks to be a composed type of player, who is more footballer than athlete, if you get what I mean?

If you're talking about Ness, then the very few games I've seen him play in, he's been played in an anchor role in the centre of the park. He looks to be a composed type of player, who is more footballer than athlete, if you get what I mean?

So probably not the quickest?

Is he comparable to any current CMs, whichever league they may be playing in?

So probably not the quickest?

Is he comparable to any current CMs, whichever league they may be playing in?

As I said, I've not seen much of him, but my initial thought was that he was similar in style to Busquets, obviously no where near the same standard. This may just be down to the role he was asked to play in the games that I've seen, though I'm sure those who've watched him far more than myself would be able to provide you with a more accurate comparison.

I always preferred Eric Black and John Hewitt to Googsie, but your point is valid seeing as Strachan ended up playing for the Mancs, where as the two I mentioned never really kicked on.

I also always had a soft spot for Stewart McKimmie. A no nonsense right back who probably could have gone on to bigger and better things had he ever made the journey south.

Another Scotsman in my opinion who could almost be put in the same bracket as Dalglish, Souness, Hansen and Cooper, was Paul McStay, who only ever played for Celtic. Outstanding in the centre of the park back in his day, and someone I always enjoyed watching. I'm sure many Rangers fans would disagree, and those who do agree, do so through gritted teeth.

I thought of McStay as I was mentioning Gary McAllister because I knew he was highly thought of in Scotland. I didn't realise though that he was that good and highly rated.

The best young Scottish player of this current generation is James McCarthy, even though he switched allegiance to Ireland. Hopefully he'll see sense and switch back to the country of his birth, as he's only ever played in friendlies for the Republic....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
One of our best signings this season.

He certainly has been.

What is the situation with his contract, is it until the end of the season or beyond that? If it is only until the end of the season then we need to get him signed up now. If there is a change of manager at Stamford Bridge in the near future then I can see them trying to get Clarke to go back, or if Mourinho returns to England then I can see him wanting Clarke alongside him again.

He certainly has been.

What is the situation with his contract, is it until the end of the season or beyond that? If it is only until the end of the season then we need to get him signed up now. If there is a change of manager at Stamford Bridge in the near future then I can see them trying to get Clarke to go back, or if Mourinho returns to England then I can see him wanting Clarke alongside him again.

It's a temporary contract with the same finish date as Kennys current one.

I'd hope and expect that the day Kennys full time 2 year contract is confirmed that we hear a day later that Clarke has got a 2 year deal also.

He certainly has been.

It's till the end of the season but he was told when he signed the club wanted him long term even if Kenny didn't stay on.

Apparently the club didn't want to give him a longer deal than Kenny as it could look like they were undermining him.