You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Player of the season so far

bouncebrigade

Kelly's never let us down when he's played, pre and post Roy (and that one time Rafa played him but he got injured come to think of it), and a shout for Raul who seems to have a new lease of life since the rocket science revelation of playing him in his actual fucking position.

To be honest it's probably Pepe but I'm at the stage of taking his brilliance for granted, shame on me.

I think if i was going to give it on consistency level for the whole of the season, not just under Kenny's return, think it has to be Lucas followed by Reina.

Under Kenny, Meireles, Kelly, Agger and even Johnson have really started to play well particularly Kelly. But for me Lucas, for the effort the lad puts in and the dirty work he does, he gets my vote. I think if we were take him out of the side I think we would, at times, miss him and some of the workmen ship he does in front of the back four. If he carries on to build up a bit more muscle which he has amazingly developed over a couple of seasons, I do think he can be our Mascherano or Didi Hamann, although he still has a lot to develop into his game. Like tackling which is still pretty poor at times.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit but he has not once this season from what I have seen, hid on the pitch.

Both Soto and Maxi did pretty well under Roy in all fairness.

Stevie has been, at times, magnificent and pretty good the rest of the time as well.

Kelly has been utter class.

Pepe had a bit of a wobbly start by his standards.

Lucas has continued his good work from last season, but like Pepe, he had a run of indifferent form at the start.

I'd say Stevie.