You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Henry hints at Anfield stay.

Guest San Don

There will always be a need for corporate hospitality, we live in a big city.

If i remember right, wasn't only last year we when begging to Everton to use their Fucking tent. (which they told us to piss off)

a redesigned anfield would have more than enough corporate hospitality dont you think?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I do. It's so obvious that you're the first person I've ever heard in a decade's worth of interest in the subject who even implied that it might not be the case.

Utterly ridiculous post.

Nar sorry your post is ridiculous. He says something you've never heard anyone imply may be the case in one decade, ergo it's incorrect becuase you have not heard it in a decade? A decade largely pre credit crunch that has no bearing on now just as me not dying yesterday in not a promise I will be alive tomorrow.

You are making a claim you cannot back up as it's just a fantasy with no proof to back up. Are you a religious man Mr Nueve?

we definitely need a new stadium expandable up to 70-80k and with brand spanking top class corporate facilities and so on in order to grow the revenues, think the next 20, 30 and 40 years and we need it.

Anfield is just not suitable any more and even if it can be redeveloped the costs and disruption make it barely worth it, we should just start from scratch with the one decent thing the texan left us

a redesigned anfield would have more than enough corporate hospitality dont you think?

Yet part of the problem is space, hence the reason why a stadium was considered. The capacity is not the real money generator, its the hosting & Exec boxes which bring in the income.

The main reason why it was considered, was the income lost due a referb, two & half stands will need to be closed for over two years.

Guest the boy

New Years Day 2011

Liverpool vs Bolton: Capacity 35,400

Drop several hundred million on a stadium. 70,000 capacity. And all the cash that brings.

also more seats = cheaper tickets, fans should pressure them into building bigger capacity because it means they have to fill it which means ticket prices would probably have to HALVE for a lot of games, which means more locals and kids going.

SOS should really be lobbying hard for the new stadium

Yet part of the problem is space, hence the reason why a stadium was considered. The capacity is not the real money generator, its the hosting & Exec boxes which bring in the income.

The main reason why it was considered, was the income lost due a referb, two & half stands will need to be closed for over two years.

do you think it could be possible to make it work, we be giving up alot of the magic that is lfc if we moved

Going to a football game should cost no more than going to the cinema, £10 tops

if they had 70k stadium and an anticipated 35k attendance, they would have to flog the tickets at a tenner or less

This is great news for fans, locals and kids.

Indeed, the more they try and charge 40-50 quid a ticket the more empty seats they're going to see anyway but presently the club prefer to cut their nose off to spite their face by maintaining unsustainable pricing levels. A bigger capacity would force them to get creative which can only benefit the fans

If you want to sit in a large, comfortable air conditioned box and dine with a legend then it should cost £100+

do you think it could be possible to make it work, we be giving up alot of the magic that is lfc if we moved

Because the stadium is so close i don't think we'll lose anything, the gates & all the special memorabilia will be easy to pass across with no great expense, the only BIG thing we will lost is possible the naming right (Anfield).

If anyone thinks after the referb Anfield won't be renamed aren't living in the real world.

I'm very fast losing faith in the new owners, the main reason we all forced the last two cunts out was their failure to built the stadium, so why the fuck should that change because of new ownership.

Guest San Don
Not happy, we need the Stadium, one of the biggest reasons is the Money which will be generated via Exec boxes & hosting facilities, whether we like it or not, its a massive increase in income; are present turnover (183m), the club needs to compete with other clubs Incomes like Arsenal (300m) & United (275m)

Anfield capacity will increase by what - 10,000? that will increase are gate Revenue by an extra 10m.

A lot depends on just what JWH means by redevelop. For all we know any likely plans could involve a new Anny Road stand built over the road and into where the 'food village' is currently sited.

Developing that end alone could put another 10k - 15k seats in. With executive boxes you could be looking at 10k - 12k extra seats.

The Main Stand area could be massively developed adding another 8k - 10k and executive boxes.

Guest San Don

No longer the case. Houses behind Anny Road have all been cleared. There's acres of space now where the food village is although we'd have to get permission to build over Anny Road or close it off either side of the build.

Behind the Main Stand is a wasteland which can easily be developed.

The Anny Road 'extension' could be built without affecting match day attendance until the current structure and new build are joined. That would take a season tops.

The extra seats this provides means there would be little loss in attendance while the Main Stand was knocked down and redeveloped.

The landscape, literally, has changed since the new stadium plans were released although there are some obstacles to overcome.

Guest San Don

I'm very fast losing faith in the new owners, the main reason we all forced the last two cunts out was their failure to built the stadium, so why the fuck should that change because of new ownership.

Have a fucking word with yourself.

JWH is a far better owner than the last two twats. And for your info, we didnt get rid of them because they didnt build a new stadium. If you think that's the reason, you dont know what you're talking about.

Can't agree with much of what redsox says here. We are a big city? Are we??

Mancs aren't doing so well on the exec box shit and we aren't even selling out our current stadium with all the good will in the world, our fans have never been the richest.

A load of goose executers in this thread looking for a golden egg. Get off Anfield's throat!

No longer the case. Houses behind Anny Road have all been cleared. There's acres of space now where the food village is although we'd have to get permission to build over Anny Road or close it off either side of the build.

Behind the Main Stand is a wasteland which can easily be developed.

The Anny Road 'extension' could be built without affecting match day attendance until the current structure and new build are joined. That would take a season tops.

The extra seats this provides means there would be little loss in attendance while the Main Stand was knocked down and redeveloped.

The landscape, literally, has changed since the new stadium plans were released although there are some obstacles to overcome.

Very must aware of the land around Anfield i live in the city. From the feasibility study (admitting an old one) i read, the costs don't out weight the cost of the new ground by great amounts, when considering the lost of revenues & the loss of fans which will not bother to renew ST or return; compared to simply move across the field .

Most rebuild costs are very similar to new build costs, we haven't got to buy new land

I would have though alot would depend on how long stands would need to be closed for.

If we are at half capacity for over 18 months it would be a nightmare,not like the is a decent stadium we could use while the work is done either.

This is what is pissing me off about the olmpic stadium west ham and spurs want.

They will pay nothing towards it and we have payed for it.It will give spurs a massive unfair advantge imo

How much is any renovation going to cost to get the boxes and seating needed?

How much is the quote on a new stadium these days?

Also will the councill allow a renovation and how big will they allow a new stadium as i though they capped it at 60k because of transport links

Please remember that this is an area in which FSG have experience and a track-record. In redeveloping Fenway Park, they added 5-7k new seats on a much smaller footprint, and they have done wonders to the area surrounding the stadium such as restaurants, bars and other facilities.

I can see them, over about 4 years, renovating each stand and gaining 15k new seats in the process... Without a complete re-build, they can renovate and improve corporate structures which currently exist making those facilities comparable to the other big clubs, and use renovations of the surrounding area (if possible as I've not seen the surrounding neighborhoods) to bridge some of the gap.

They were really innovative with the way they did this at Fenway, building UP rather than out, taking existing parts of the stand and expanding them, putting seats where they previously didn't exist... and they completely re-did the luxury boxes and brought them up to speed with what was on offer with the rest of baseball. They felt the history and tradition and atmosphere of the stadium was worth keeping but they realised the need to get more from what they had. They did almost all of their work during the off-season, so as to not affect the games or their ability to make money during the season (which is more day-to-day than the football season...)

They will make up the difference in revenues with offerings to supporters globally, by breaking ground in new markets, i.e. USA, Asia and South America (could be an interesting sub-plot of the Suarez signing...) and by unique offerings such as alternate sporting or entertainment ventures at Anfield. They have recently held a football match last summer and hockey games at Fenway this winter, have had concerts and other events during the summer (while the team was playing a series of away games) and I can see them doing something similar with Anfield.

They are very good at marrying the past with the present. My reason for sharing is that I know how we (the TLW Forumites) can be, and I would ask people to see the plans and keep an open mind before slating them. Many people in Boston who were dead set against renovation have since come around to love what they have done with Fenway. It is my belief that this is what they will do at Anfield and my hope that it will be received positively.

They will meet huge problems with the Council if they try to redevelop Anfield.

There are huge infastructure issues regarding a redevelopment of Anfield

Its also Financially the wrong decision in the medium to long term but wll save money in the short term.

Most fans would be delighted to stay at Anfield but if its the right long term solution I am not so sure

Guest the boy
also more seats = cheaper tickets, fans should pressure them into building bigger capacity because it means they have to fill it which means ticket prices would probably have to HALVE for a lot of games, which means more locals and kids going.

Tell me: how has that worked for United and Arsenal? The former has 30,000 more capacity than Anfield; the latter 15,000. Both of whom charge in excess per ticket. No basis to your argument - "going to a football game should cost no more than going to the cinema, £10 tops" - pie in the sky and juvenile.

The parameters have changed, domestically and globally, in the last few years and it may be that was good then is not good now. We're in possession of extremely savvy - not sentimental - owners who, I presume, have far greater insight into the pros and cons of a new stadium, measured against the possible redevelopment of Anfield.

Do up Anfield, add good conferencing facilities and such so that the stadium pays for itself, invest in the area directly around the stadium to encourage businesses and I'm sure we won't go wrong.

Like a few others have said - they did this with Fenway Park and its been a success. Lets not question every move they make and trust them to do the right thing regarding the stadium. They've come good on their promises so far.

Couldn't disagree with you more. They've been in charge what... 3 months? They are going to invest possibly 100 million or more into this plan. They are clever businessmen who have re-developed a stadium before (Fenway Park) with great success.

The fact they are taking their time (if you would call 3 months 'taking their time') about a possibly make or break decision for Liverpool FC shows they are professional and not pandering to such demanding and unrealistic fans as yourself.

I was talking with a mate the other day and he hates the Emirates,he says it just full of buisiness men and the rel fans have been priced away from games.

If it can be done then staying would be the better option,but we need to get the revenue closer to other sides,competing wit the mancs is hard but with Arseanla dn soon Spurs in new stadiums it could be a nightmare

Tell me: how has that worked for United and Arsenal? The former has 30,000 more capacity than Anfield; the latter 15,000. Both of whom charge in excess per ticket. No basis to your argument - "going to a football game should cost no more than going to the cinema, £10 tops" - pie in the sky and juvenile.

The parameters have changed, domestically and globally, in the last few years and it may be that was good then is not good now. We're in possession of extremely savvy - not sentimental - owners who, I presume, have far greater insight into the pros and cons of a new stadium, measured against the possible redevelopment of Anfield.

Cinema offers in excess of 90 mins of entertainment for dramatically less than it costs for a football game.

If Arse can fill their stadium with 60 quid tickets good for them, i doubt in the future they will be able to maintain it particularly if the country is in bad shape economically

The football bubble will burst and clubs will no longer be able to charge ridiculous entrance fee's, otherwise they will find the ground empty.

I do not consider a football game good value so refuse to attend until the prices adjust themselves to something a bit more realistic. More people will do this especially if they feel squeezed and the people running football clubs need to understand changing trends and react to those otherwise they will suffer the consequences.