You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly: Communication with John Henry

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

Post the link

Stop taking credit for things others did

You don't speak for me

Not enough action

No need to be around now

Self interested

Foreign travel jollies

In before the twats.

Post the link

Stop taking credit for things others did

You don't speak for me

Not enough action

No need to be around now

Self interested

Foreign travel jollies

In before the twats.

If you took the trouble to follow the link you'd see there are large documents which make it tricky to post.

Oh yeah, and cheers, that might save the thread from the usual stuff. But maybe not.

It's a bit embarrassing that you're demanding John Henry to reinvest all the profit he makes from the business he just saved for £200/300m.

Yes, the huge irony being that that is exactly what he has said he is going to do.

Seems we're on the same page as him (read his response).

Presumably that is something we're all pleased about and which wasn't clearly known before this?

It's a bit embarrassing that you're demanding John Henry to reinvest all the profit he makes from the business he just saved for £200/300m.

Football clubs should reinvest the money into the club ie ground improvements, youth academy and playing squad. If they do those things right when they sell us they will enjoy a healthy profit. Nothing wrong with wanting to see the money go back into the club.

Guest ShoePiss

Embarrassing, not them, you.

The problem as far as I can see is that SOS are approaching this as though they are still communicating with 'them fucking yanks'. The tone is way too aggressive in my opinion and is not conducive to good dialogue, which is surely the whole point. In fact, the response from John Henry implied that they found the memo a little offensive.

Guest ShoePiss
The problem as far as I can see is that SOS are approaching this as though they are still communicating with 'them fucking yanks'. The tone is way too aggressive in my opinion and is not conducive to good dialogue, which is surely the whole point. In fact, the response from John Henry implied that they found the memo a little offensive.

Well they should be professional enough to bypass the emotion and answer the questions. They didn't answer the questions did they?

I can understand them wanting to draw a line under certain topics but there are some huge ones put to them that they've completely blew off.

Well they should be professional enough to bypass the emotion and answer the questions. They didn't answer the questions did they?

I can understand them wanting to draw a line under certain topics but there are some huge ones put to them that they've completely blew off.

Which questions do you think they should answer?

Just my opinion, but SOS made themselves irrelevant with the failure to do anything for months on end whilst planning EGM's, for going on recruitment piss ups abroad and the link up with Rogan.

Somewhere along the struggle, SoS lost sight of their initial aims and started to concentrate on cementing relevance for the long term and expanding your remit, whilst most fans solely wanted a consistent effort of direct action, as witnessed by peoples willingness to follow Kop Faithfuls requests.

There was a hotbed of frustration that needed channelling. People didn't want summer coaching schools, they wanted G&H out.

It's a pity, in a way. I don't think NESV are out of the woods and need to be checked and balanced until we know exactly how this will pan out.

Unfortunately for SoS, you were useless for big periods of the fight. Not having a go at you, because you are far more willing to respond to posts on this site, than I would be in your position, but it's not going to work out for you.

Just my opinion, but SOS made themselves irrelevant with the failure to do anything for months on end whilst planning EGM's, for going on recruitment piss ups abroad and the link up with Rogan.

Somewhere along the struggle, SoS lost sight of their initial aims and started to concentrate on cementing relevance for the long term and expanding your remit, whilst most fans solely wanted a consistent effort of direct action, as witnessed by peoples willingness to follow Kop Faithfuls requests.

There was a hotbed of frustration that needed channelling. People didn't want summer coaching schools, they wanted G&H out.

It's a pity, in a way. I don't think NESV are out of the woods and need to be checked and balanced until we know exactly how this will pan out.

Unfortunately for SoS, you were useless for big periods of the fight. Not having a go at you, because you are far more willing to respond to posts on this site, than I would be in your position, but it's not going to work out for you.

Time will tell as in all of these things.

Ticketing, travel, Thomas Cook organised touting, the stadium, 15th April plus lots more.

Sorry do you expect them to go through that memo and answer every single question? As for thing like travel, in the grand scheme of things its pretty minor. Surely you would prefer they concentrate on more important issues first? They haven't decided what they are going to do with the stadium yet and have said so. What do you want from them regarding hillsborough?

John's reply is great.

My favourite put-downs:

"We appreciate the considerable time you clearly spent in composing your letter of Dceomber 20th. Although getting a letter from a lawyer on the eve of Christmas that reads a little like a deposition generally isn't considered a present"

"Respectfully, so many of your other questions and areas of inquiry directly relate back to the period of the prior owners and the fall-out from that time"

"You can help us move forward with that agenda — But it runs across the grain to welcome us with a series of long, written cross-examination questions from a solicitor"

"But we don't to have that dialogue with only one group of LFC supporters"