You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

I could take his lack of goal or not getting into goalscoring positions as that will come. What concerns me the most is he just doesn't seem capable of doing the basics, controlling the ball, his passing, his awareness,he just doesn't look like a footballer. People say were not playing to his strengths but I would still expect him to do the fuckin basics. And show some desire too. We've fucked up massively on this one.

I could take his lack of goal or not getting into goalscoring positions as that will come. What concerns me the most is he just doesn't seem capable of doing the basics, controlling the ball, his passing, his awareness,he just doesn't look like a footballer. People say were not playing to his strengths but I would still expect him to do the fuckin basics. And show some desire too. We've fucked up massively on this one.

Thats the worry with Caroll, its not the lack of goals, every striker goes through that. But his lack of ball control and game intelligence. We already know he's not pacey and will never be pacey. So its important other areas of his game is strong. He's a massive guy, but needs to learn how to use his body. He shouldnt be beat most of the time by smaller defenders, which is whats happening to him now.

Ultimately you have to remember not every big money signings work out. And there's a chance this move have come little bit too early for Caroll. People forget he's 22 years old and not every young player is a rooney, fabregas or messi. We have seen these world class young players and assume its norm for 22 year olds to be world class, which isnt the case.

He needs time and patient, but sadly for the guy he has 35 million price tag hanging on his neck and that could be what breaks him. If he was 2-3 million signing, then you could slowly nurture him slowly and put him in and take him out of the team whenever you want. But with his price tag now every time he's not starting there's question marks and same thing whenever he has a poor game. Even as an opposition fan now I feel for him as its very unfair on the boy as he has nothing to do with the price and should have the right to learn the game like any young player out there.

But football is also becoming less patient all the time. We have a 20 year old Ramsey who already had one serious injury. And our fans are already giving up on him as he has not come back 100% from the injury and is still finding his feet. Its just crazy.

The thing that i cannot understand at the moment is that the end of last season we were playing great football, Mereiles, Maxi, Kuyt and Suarez were our attacking options.Surely it would have been better to start the season the way that we finished the last one and gradually introduce the new players. I can remember when we bought Gillespie from coventry it took him

eighteen months to get into the first team. We also have to remember that the revival was done without Gerrard so surely we should keep faith with those players.Robinson, Kelly,Flanagan and Spearing all played,and although we have had problems with injuries i just can`t see how you should kick those players in the teeth just because you`ve spent a lot of money,it seemed a great move to play Kuyt and Suarz together, Kuyt was bought as a striker. In my opinion Carroll should be on the bench until ( when he comes on) he gives regular performances of such a class that you can`t leave him out!.

Thats the worry with Caroll, its not the lack of goals, every striker goes through that. But his lack of ball control and game intelligence. We already know he's not pacey and will never be pacey. So its important other areas of his game is strong. He's a massive guy, but needs to learn how to use his body. He shouldnt be beat most of the time by smaller defenders, which is whats happening to him now.

Ultimately you have to remember not every big money signings work out. And there's a chance this move have come little bit too early for Caroll. People forget he's 22 years old and not every young player is a rooney, fabregas or messi. We have seen these world class young players and assume its norm for 22 year olds to be world class, which isnt the case.

He needs time and patient, but sadly for the guy he has 35 million price tag hanging on his neck and that could be what breaks him. If he was 2-3 million signing, then you could slowly nurture him slowly and put him in and take him out of the team whenever you want. But with his price tag now every time he's not starting there's question marks and same thing whenever he has a poor game. Even as an opposition fan now I feel for him as its very unfair on the boy as he has nothing to do with the price and should have the right to learn the game like any young player out there.

But football is also becoming less patient all the time. We have a 20 year old Ramsey who already had one serious injury. And our fans are already giving up on him as he has not come back 100% from the injury and is still finding his feet. Its just crazy.

Fabregas seems to be working out at Barcelona.

he's fucking shite , the sooner we realise it and move on the better

Blunt but sadly I fear closer to the truth than we care to admit.

I think I've seen enough and I'm not impressed.

We need a new striker in January, let's see if we can get rid whilst we still have a chance of getting £25M back on him.

What disappoints me most was that I was expecting Carroll to come out this season all guns blazing.

Considering he did ok at the end of last season after recovering from injury and playing in a new team, the expectation was there that with a full preseason under his belt, he would be a one-man army.

Instead, there's all talk about him not being fit and he's dropped after a couple of lacklustre performances. The lad should be unplayable and giving defenders hell. Another thing that worries me is that he's never in the right position. Whenever the ball is around the box, he's nowhere near.

What disappoints me most was that I was expecting Carroll to come out this season all guns blazing.

Considering he did ok at the end of last season after recovering from injury and playing in a new team, the expectation was there that with a full preseason under his belt, he would be a one-man army.

Instead, there's all talk about him not being fit and he's dropped after a couple of lacklustre performances. The lad should be unplayable and giving defenders hell. Another thing that worries me is that he's never in the right position. Whenever the ball is around the box, he's nowhere near.

Exactly mate, Im fucking shoutng at the fucking tv for him to get in the box. We need to start with carroll and henderson on the bench against the stronger teams and play them against much weaker opposition atleast with carroll untill he gets some confidence, he needs to wake up get on the pitch and attack the box and claim it as his own, for such a big fella he don,t half look small on the pitch

I think he will improve but so far this season he has looked like crap. Unless he shows some improvement tomorrow I would probably go with Kuyt or Bellamy for the next few games.

Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland

Andy Carroll

SHOTS

ALL ATTEMPTS 8

GOALS 0

ON TARGET 1

OFF TARGET 6

BLOCKED 1

WOODWORK 0

FREE KICK 0

FROM SET PLAY 0

PENALTY 0

PASSES

ALL 23/35

COMPLETED 66%

RECEIVED 40

ATTACKING THIRD 9/17

ASSISTS 0

CHANCES CREATED 0

LONG 0/0

SHORT 5/13

FORWARD 5/13

BACKWARD 15/16

SQUARE 3/6

GOALKEEPER DISTRIBUTION 0/0

THROW-INS 0/0

ATTACK

CROSSES 0/0

TAKE-ONS 0/1

CORNERS 0/0

OFFSIDE PASSES 0

DEFENSE

TACKLES 1/1

INTERCEPTIONS 1

BLOCKS 0

CLEARANCES 0/0

HEADED CLEARANCES 0/0

FOULS

COMMITTED 2

SUFFERED 1

YELLOW CARDS 0

SECOND YELLOW CARDS 0

RED CARDS 0

Arsenal 0 - 2 Liverpool

Andy Carroll

SHOTS

ALL ATTEMPTS 2

GOALS 0

ON TARGET 1

OFF TARGET 0

BLOCKED 1

WOODWORK 0

FREE KICK 0

FROM SET PLAY 0

PENALTY 0

PASSES

ALL 20/26

COMPLETED 77%

RECEIVED 33

ATTACKING THIRD 9/15

ASSISTS 0

CHANCES CREATED 1

LONG 0/0

SHORT 9/12

FORWARD 4/5

BACKWARD 9/9

SQUARE 7/12

THROW-INS 0/0

ATTACK

CROSSES 0/0

TAKE-ONS 0/0

CORNERS 0/0

OFFSIDE PASSES 0

DEFENSE

TACKLES 0/0

INTERCEPTIONS 1

BLOCKS 1

CLEARANCES 0/0

HEADED CLEARANCES 0/0

FOULS

COMMITTED 1

SUFFERED 2

YELLOW CARDS 1

SECOND YELLOW CARDS 0

RED CARDS 0

Tottenham 4 - 0 Liverpool

Andy Carroll

SHOTS

ALL ATTEMPTS 0

GOALS 0

ON TARGET 0

OFF TARGET 0

BLOCKED 0

WOODWORK 0

FREE KICK 0

FROM SET PLAY 0

PENALTY 0

PASSES

ALL 26/35

COMPLETED 74%

RECEIVED 34

ATTACKING THIRD 12/20

ASSISTS 0

CHANCES CREATED 1

LONG 0/0

SHORT 13/16

FORWARD 8/14

BACKWARD 11/12

SQUARE 7/9

THROW-INS 0/0

ATTACK

CROSSES 0/1

TAKE-ONS 0/0

CORNERS 0/0

OFFSIDE PASSES 1

DEFENSE

TACKLES 3/4

INTERCEPTIONS 1

BLOCKS 1

CLEARANCES 0/3

HEADED CLEARANCES 0/3

FOULS

COMMITTED 0

SUFFERED 3

YELLOW CARDS 0

SECOND YELLOW CARDS 0

RED CARDS 0

Andy Carroll annoys me.

He doesnt hold the ball up

He loses headers

He is never in the box

He wore shit white boots on sunday

He is the worst left winger ive ever seen

He doesnt seem to realise that he is no longer at a tin pot club

He took the piss during the summer constantly on the piss

He has a shit haircut

Still think he will come good though

He's 22 a full international rated by Kenny and Cappelo thats good enough for me. I still think he will be ace for us. Ave it Andy.

would love that to be true but he doesn,t look like being anything but a waste of money. Now, if he showed even a glimpse of looking like he gave a shit or had any hunger...

Carroll will probably be given until the end of the season to prove he belongs here. In the 8 months he's been here he has looked so far out of his depth it's not even funny, Kenny and Clarke will I'm sure do everything within their power to get the best out of him.

I he fails to prove himself will KK and Commoli sell him for a fraction of what he cost or would that scenario be simply too embarrassing for the club ??

Carroll will probably be given until the end of the season to prove he belongs here. In the 8 months he's been here he has looked so far out of his depth it's not even funny, Kenny and Clarke will I'm sure do everything within their power to get the best out of him.

I he fails to prove himself will KK and Commoli sell him for a fraction of what he cost or would that scenario be simply too embarrassing for the club ??

Oh ok, behave yourself, he's struggled but that is ludicrous, he's got plenty on his side as a few other have alluded to, I'm not worried at all, go and have a look at his stats and a few videos of his Newcastle day's. Then come back to me with your woefully out of his depth shite.

Oh ok, behave yourself, he's struggled but that is ludicrous, he's got plenty on his side as a few other have alluded to, I'm not worried at all, go and have a look at his stats and a few videos of his Newcastle day's. Then come back to me with your woefully out of his depth shite.

Perhaps one of the reasons he was a success at Newcastle was because expectations/pressure is so much lower there than at LFC ??

Oh and BTW why is it stupid to say Carroll looks out of his depth ?? Dalglish wants us to play a style based on quick, accurate passing and off the ball movement, please explain where AC fits into that.

He doesn't.

Andy Carroll of Newcastle probably could (wasn't anything to write home about but he certainly seemed to have a much better first touch and was a lot more mobile), but who knows when, if at all, we'll see that Carroll again.

Until we see signs of that, he has to remain on the bench.