You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

I think he has it in him, i think he needs a year or so. He moved early and left his boyhood club to join the biggest sleeping giant in football, maybe in all of sport?

The price tag was down to Torres and the Jan window and I don't care about that.

The scum have kept players and they have flourished years later, it's how it works.

Newcastle wouldn't have sold him for a low fee though, we bought him when he was banging in goals.

Scum have made costly mistakes as well - Taibi, Djemba Djemba, Bebe, Veron, Kleberson etc...

The biggest problem with Carroll is not that he won't become a good player - it is that I don't think he'll ever suit the brand off fooball we want to play. He wants crosses and balls in the air - we look best when we keep the ball to feet and pass it round with Suarez, Maxi and Bellamy.

[YOUTUBE]Z258UPOSybg[/YOUTUBE]

Andy looks a real prospect in this video. I dont know whether the injury has knocked his confidence or maybe he just cant handle the pressure of a big money move to a huge club. Everyone knows we overpaid for him but this is clearly the potential we paid all of that money for. Going by that video he has all the attributes to become a beast of a target man...lets hope he can regain his confidence and form soon.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
get behind him

ANDY, YOU'RE THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

I'm now certain it was my indifference that's been holding him back. Sorry lads.

At the match, he gets plenty of support.

That’s the thing, he actually does. Even in the last game against City, the cheer he got when he came on was huge. There is no issue with a lack of support for the lad at the game, he is getting that is spades. He now needs to reciprocate that support and start working his arse off in training and on the park.

He does look a real prospect in that video with plenty of raw talent. Most importantly he seems to have a swagger and a buzz about him which he certainly doesn't seem to possess at the moment. Confidence? Probably. That video reminds me why I was so made up when we signed him and why I still think he could become a major asset for us, but it will take time and a fair bit of adaptation both in our style of play and most importantly from Andy.

I've had enough, if Carroll never starts a game for us again I'd be well pleased.

Cut our losses in January, worst signing ever no one comes even close.

Not only is he a big pile of shite, he also completely ruin the flow in our game and we cant keep on carry a player just because he cost £35M when he holds us back like he does.

Hes working hard and he could have had 1 in the first half.

Aside from that though you'd have to have your head buried in some seriously deep sand to see hes not exactly helping us up top. Especially when it means Suarez spends half his time in isolated positions trying to feed Andy whos rarely in the right place.

At the end of the day though the whole team is failing to put chances away. Everyone bar Maxi when he gets a game generally.

We need another clinical goalscorer badly.

How many times are you gonna tell us you don't like or rate him? Just fuck off you boring, boring wanker.

How many times have I mentioned it fuck nut. Should we all pretend like he's something special well maybe he is a special case like yourself.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well just thought I'd pop in and see who today's scapegoat is. Quel surprise, it's andy Carroll.

I'd say a good proportion of the posters on here are made up Carroll didn't score tonight. There aren't half some utter wankers on here.

I had money on him as first goal scorer, so I'm a mile away from being made up. Not only did we lose, but I didn't win 70 quid. Double arsebumbugger.

How many times have I mentioned it fuck nut. Should we all pretend like he's something special well maybe he is a special case like yourself.

I've just had a quick scan of your last few posts and I doubt if there's a single Liverpool player you haven't slagged off. You reallly are one tedious, vomitworthy little shitlicker.

Best fans in the World.

I don't think there's much point in piling it on Andy Carroll, I just think he's been earmarked for the door this January for quite some times. Someone asked 'why do we play him?' but we don't, that's why I think he's gone, despite all the talk of special fitness programmes.

Andy Caroli is, unfortunately, not showing any quality in any department of the game; his first touch is variable - between clumsy and fucking awful - his movement is plodding, his distribution is patchy, his heading ability is sub-Crouch and his finishing is piss poor. But he a-make-a-me-a-laugh when I should-a-be-a-crying. And a-that's-a-football!

He was just ok. And that's being generous. He made Clint Dempsey look like Mario Kempes. Oh and anyone coming on here telling others that they can't criticise him can fuck right off. It's a forum, he's our record signing and he's been mostly shit since he got here. What the fuck do they expect?