You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

The interesting thing about Andy is hes shown in the past theres a beast of a player in there but the big problem is, Newcastle played to his strengths and their style of football was designed to suit him.

The big problem is it would be madness for us to change to suit him, so basically its up to him to adapt to us. Which so far hasn't really looked promising.

When has he though? I keep hearing this but I've genuinely never seen him play a match where I've thought 'fucking hell this lad's something else'. He was lauded by Newcastle - partly at least because of the Jay Spearing factor of him being a local lad - and he scored a goal against us. Is that all it takes for him to be rated? Bearing in mind when he came onto the Premiership scene with Newcastle he was largely unknown and defenders didn't know what he was all about. Once he's sussed though, he's fucked - and that's disregarding the fact he doesn't actually try and isn't very good.

What a massive fuck up of a signing this has been, even yesterday when Bellamy was withdrawn Carroll can't get a game at home, at the time he signed I'm on record as calling him a "shit alehouse thug" sadly I have been proved right on two counts, surprisingly his discipline has been quite good. What are we going to do with him, I can't figure out any formation that would fit him in, especially when Steven and Bellamy start playing regularly, his "strengths" are not suitable to our most successful style of play.

No one would be on his case if he wasn't shit, look I keep hearing if he had buried Tha header against Norwich, hit the ball two inchs lower against Swansea, if Joe Hart didn't make a world class save and the best one if he has scored that penalty. The fact is he consistently hasn't he has no energy and makes our play worse. If only konchesky was a good left back or poulsen and a good defensive midfielder then we wouldn't be on their cases.

He's led the line very well tonight.

Penalty smacked of someone short of confidence.

Encouraging display tonight. I'm sure a goal will come sooner rather than later. Just need to create for him.

He was fucking awful!

No one would be on his case if he wasn't shit, look I keep hearing if he had buried Tha header against Norwich, hit the ball two inchs lower against Swansea, if Joe Hart didn't make a world class save and the best one if he has scored that penalty.

Disappointing catch tonight; I'm afraid I'm going to have to throw this one back.

I think he did okey tonight, nothing special but something better that we have seen earlier.

What did he do that was good?

He was offside whyen he shouldn't have been, due to lazyness / dopeyness.

He gave away more fouls than anyone else.

Bellamy kept the ball better than him - he is meant to be an outlet, he wasn't.

Was he a threat? No, not at all.

He jogged around a bit - but other than that was ineffective and Ngog is better than this guy.

He's led the line very well tonight.

Penalty smacked of someone short of confidence.

Encouraging display tonight. I'm sure a goal will come sooner rather than later. Just need to create for him.

Held the ball up very well, thought his all round play was pretty good. It was obviously his intention to hit the pen up the middle which, with hindsight, was a mistake.

What did he do that was good?

He was offside whyen he shouldn't have been, due to lazyness / dopeyness.

He gave away more fouls than anyone else.

Bellamy kept the ball better than him - he is meant to be an outlet, he wasn't.

Was he a threat? No, not at all.

He jogged around a bit - but other than that was ineffective and Ngog is better than this guy.

N'gog?!! Clueless. Maybe we should try him on the wing?

N'gog?!! Clueless. Maybe we should try him on the wing?

Clueless? Carroll was awful and he has been since he arrived.

Oh I forgot to mention he also missed a penalty in my post above.

You are happy with him are you Grout? I'm used to seeing strikers like Owen, Fowler, Torres, Rush...

Carroll is in the Ngog, Erik Meijer bracket.