You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

He's barely fucking played for us.

Support the kid.

Everyone has supported him and will continue to do so. But it still won't change the fact he is not good enough or right for us.

He's barely fucking played for us.

Support the kid.

And why's that?

Players need to be deserving of support. We've had our fair share of players with limited ability and the vast majority are given backing, but Carroll blatantly can't be arsed, he's been here 10 months and still isn't even fit. It's a disgrace in all honesty.

Typical of this site how we batter Man City at home and this thread is top of the pile now I log in.

If Joe Hart doesn't pull off an unbelievable save in the last minute, then this thread doesn't get bumped and doubts are put to one side for another week at least.

Not really. Scoring a headed goal, considering he's got a reputation for being good at it, wouldn't have left me astounded. The fact is we were playing the league leaders in what was arguable the sternest test of the campaign, and our record signing was on the bench, even after Bellamy pulled out - and he was last week against Chelsea, another stern test. Alarm bells rang as soon as I saw the teamsheets. If you can't call on your £35m frontman when you're obviously lacking penetration up front in two of your biggest games of the season, then something is awry.

Let’s be honest, the people who refuse to admit it know he’s useless. I know he’s useless, all the players around him know he’s useless, Kenny knows he’s useless, the owners will know he’s useless and I bet even the lad himself knows he’s useless.

£35million, think how much £35million is in both football and just the world.

Jesus fucking Christ what did we do.

Not really. Scoring a headed goal, considering he's got a reputation for being good at it, wouldn't have left me astounded. The fact is we were playing the league leaders in what was arguable the sternest test of the campaign, and our record signing was on the bench, even after Bellamy pulled out - and he was last week against Chelsea, another stern test. Alarm bells rang as soon as I saw the teamsheets. If you can't call on your £35m frontman when you're obviously lacking penetration up front in two of your biggest games of the season, then something is awry.

Section, I agree, but the point I was making that we have battered the team who are threatening to run away with the League and it's only been through a goalkeeping masterclass how they came away with a point. Lucas and Adam- two players who have been unfairly criticised on here- were both awesome and the main thread as I logged in was about Andy bloody Carroll. It's fucking typical.

I stand by what I said though- if he scores that header then this thread gets nowhere tonight. Everybody goes to bed happy and nobody says a word until the next game. Unfortunately, he's become a scapegoat because he has flattered to deceive thus far. The only way he's going to turn it around is with goals and I do think that if that chance had have gone in it would have silenced a few people for a little bit.

I do agree with you though in that it's worrying how we've spent £35m on a player who doesn't appear to be first choice. Last week against Chelsea, I listed the first XI in my head, and the front three Kenny selected were the same as I said. Suarez, Bellamy and Kuyt. It says something how you can spend that much on a forward and he doesn't come into the equation.

It's only natural to have doubts about the lad, and I have a few myself, but it's the snide digs I can't stand and how some people give the impression that they don't want to be wrong about him. Some people had a downer on him from the moment he signed and it seems as though they're relishing his current position.

Don't get me wrong, he really has got to pull his finger out, but I don't think it's fair to give up completely on him yet.

Section, I agree, but the point I was making that we have battered the team who are threatening to run away with the League and it's only been through a goalkeeping masterclass how they came away with a point. Lucas and Adam- two players who have been unfairly criticised on here- were both awesome and the main thread as I logged in was about Andy bloody Carroll. It's fucking typical.

I stand by what I said though- if he scores that header then this thread gets nowhere tonight. Everybody goes to bed happy and nobody says a word until the next game. Unfortunately, he's become a scapegoat because he has flattered to deceive thus far. The only way he's going to turn it around is with goals and I do think that if that chance had have gone in it would have silenced a few people for a little bit.

I do agree with you though in that it's worrying how we've spent £35m on a player who doesn't appear to be first choice. Last week against Chelsea, I listed the first XI in my head, and the front three Kenny selected were the same as I said. Suarez, Bellamy and Kuyt. It says something how you can spend that much on a forward and he doesn't come into the equation.

It's only natural to have doubts about the lad, and I have a few myself, but it's the snide digs I can't stand and how some people give the impression that they don't want to be wrong about him. Some people had a downer on him from the moment he signed and it seems as though they're relishing his current position.

Don't get me wrong, he really has got to pull his finger out, but I don't think it's fair to give up completely on him yet.

I take your point mate, but I rarely post negatively about our players, if ever, no matter what our results have been, but for me the sight of him on the bench again - even after Bellamy had pulled out - in a massive match like this, only a day after Reina said he was the 'worst trainer' at the club was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I can't remember the last time I was so downbeat about one of our players. When you know you're lacking options up front and you see a striker on the bench game after game, and when he does come on he doesn't look arsed, it really pisses me off.

You make some good points mate, but re. the bolded bit, the fact is he didn't score that chance though. Just like when he hit the bar against Swansea, his effort wasn't good enough to go in.

you guys r over simplifying it ... against top teams kenny has to play with 5 in midfield, which means a lone striker .... suarez is the most suited for that role , i mean even if Caroll was in top top form and banging goals everygame (which he is not), kenny has to go with suarez because of his qualities, he is faster and trickier which we all knew before we even signed those two ... Caroll is just a different type of striker, u want ur big man to be there getting headers down to his attacking partner and cause havoc in the opposition area but he will never lead the line alone, so with chelsea and MC he was out because of the formation not because he is not good enough, actually the last games he played fully i thought he did a good job

I said he was a smackhed on here the second we signed him. Haha funny tag, ponyfail. I must have missed that reina said he was a dickhed in training? Anyway, ten, fifteen years ago he may have gotten away with his lifestyle at the top level, not now, he either adapts or dies. And when i say 'dies' by that i mean collect 70 grand a week to sit on the bench and fart on hendersens head in training in an effort to impress alan pardew into making a move for him. I havent given up hope on him just yet tho, or rather u got to hav faith in kenny to turn this horsepat into wine.

You don't need to watch a player 100 times to be able to make a pretty decent judgement on their ability and characteristics, well as long as you're not a moron that is.

A ten game sample should do it for most players, in fact probably 90%. Based on ten games I would have classed Carroll as being pretty poor, close to dog-shit level. I would have classed Kuyt as working hard but lacking technical ability, Johnson as being decent going forward but being a liability defending, Cisse as being a brainless kick and run merchant with an extremely hard shot, Torres as being shit hot generally, Xabi as being classy, Garcia as a scorer of great goals but also an expert at giving the ball away, etc etc etc.

Lucas would probably fail through the ten-game judgement criteria - judged as being shite when he is probably average to decent.

Still reckon my knee-jerk judgement on Carroll being shite is way nearer to the truth than the superfans who reckon he is going to be the next Alan Shearer. Do those people still exist by the way?

You don't need to watch a player 100 times to be able to make a pretty decent judgement on their ability and characteristics, well as long as you're not a moron that is.

A ten game sample should do it for most players, in fact probably 90%. Based on ten games I would have classed Carroll as being pretty poor, close to dog-shit level. I would have classed Kuyt as working hard but lacking technical ability, Johnson as being decent going forward but being a liability defending, Cisse as being a brainless kick and run merchant with an extremely hard shot, Torres as being shit hot generally, Xabi as being classy, Garcia as a scorer of great goals but also an expert at giving the ball away, etc etc etc.

Lucas would probably fail through the ten-game judgement criteria - judged as being shite when he is probably average to decent.

Still reckon my knee-jerk judgement on Carroll being shite is way nearer to the truth than the superfans who reckon he is going to be the next Alan Shearer. Do those people still exist by the way?

The interesting thing about Andy is hes shown in the past theres a beast of a player in there but the big problem is, Newcastle played to his strengths and their style of football was designed to suit him.

The big problem is it would be madness for us to change to suit him, so basically its up to him to adapt to us. Which so far hasn't really looked promising.