You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

By the way I am not advocating no criticism at all, but there is an unnerving tendency of late to extend "he played badly" into "he's fucking shite" or even "he's a cunt".

I'm not trying by any means to be a superfan, but we have lost something there that we once had at least a little bit more of than other clubs.

I think Hicks and Gillett damaged us a lot more than we know. There seems to be so much anger in so many of us still.

How long did Rush spend in the reserves learning the liverpool way? Carroll is having to learn on the job, under pressure, in a team that is in transition, etc etc.

This team hasn't even sorted itself out yet and Carroll doesn't strike me as the kind of player that will adapt until that happens. There are too many moving pieces and parts for him at the moment. He needs the security of a few consistent set patterns of play to build from.

No idea, if he will eventually come good or not, but to me all of the prerequisites for success that rush enjoyed are not there yet, so he deserves time.

There is also a hell of a lot of pressure on a lad who is not the most mentally stable. I don't know if he will work out for us, but we're not helping him and nor is dropping him after he scored in the derby to be honest.

I have noticed with all our new signings everyone is ready to jump straight down their throats at the first mistake, so one week Adam or Henderson are shit and the next they are fucking amazing.

Some balance and patience is what we need. Before we beat Stoke Kenny was shit as well.

It's insane. Literally pencils up the fucking nose and a tea towel on the head territory.

It's fair to say Carroll has been cack so far, but that is as far as it goes, or should go anyway.

Wow, i dont know how to process this properly. People making sense.......

Guest ShoePiss
By the way I am not advocating no criticism at all, but there is an unnerving tendency of late to extend "he played badly" into "he's fucking shite" or even "he's a cunt".

I'm not trying by any means to be a superfan, but we have lost something there that we once had at least a little bit more of than other clubs.

I think Hicks and Gillett damaged us a lot more than we know. There seems to be so much anger in so many of us still.

I think calling any of our players a cunt is completely over the top*

*unless they were called Paul Stewart.

I'm not trying by any means to be a superfan, but we have lost something there that we once had at least a little bit more than other clubs.

I think Hicks and Gillett damaged us a lot more than we know.

Yes I agree Zig. We were known for having a lot more patience for our players and manager than we currently show. I think it's a feature of the internet age but I agree H&G made us more insecure about things and the fear of seeing other clubs "disappearing over the horizon" has made some of our fans way more judgmental than used to be the case.

Look it's you that got it wrong. I was hardly being pedantic. I understood what you were referring to after you explained you were talking about him scoring goals you big mong.

You obviously knew what I was referring to, otherwise you wouldn't have deliberately omitted scoring goals from your selections. Keep acting like a smart arse, if it makes yourself feel better about yourself or something.

Guest ShoePiss
You obviously knew what I was referring to, otherwise you wouldn't have deliberately omitted scoring goals from your selections. Keep acting like a smart arse, if it makes yourself feel better about yourself or something.

What.the.fuck?

As well as a unhealthy obsession with the clubs spending of money.

That's ridiculous. Next you'll be asking for a midfielder who is effective in defending when we haven't got the ball and can regularly take an active part in our creative and forward play.

TBH I believe all of our CMs, given the right circumstances, are capable of that!

We lost it when people were complete cunts to Rafa. Blaming him on taking bungs etc. We came second in spite of him. Loads more examples I'm sure you know about.

Yes I agree Zig. We were known for having a lot more patience for our players and manager than we currently show. I think it's a feature of the internet age but I agree H&G made us more insecure about things and the fear of seeing other clubs "disappearing over the horizon" has made some of our fans way more judgmental than used to be the case.

Leto was written off as shit after a game against Marseille when the senior players were the worst on the pitch.

This is just an observation, but it seems big unit type centre forwards are a bit like a fine wine in that they get better with age. I can't remember too many six foot three 18 year olds making an impact. Can someone give me some names? I'm sure there are players who have done well early in their careers but not many.

Players like Niall Quinn, Peter Crouch, Duncan Ferguson, John Aldridge, Jan Koller, Christian Vieri, Darko Kovacevic are all similar types of striker and all were better players later in their careers

Duncan Ferguson and John Aldridge, wtf? One was a big, alehouse excuse of a footballer, the other one of the finest finishers the game has seen banging goals in left, right and centre in one of the best Liverpool teams ever.

choke.jpg?w=363&h=400

We lost it when people were complete cunts to Rafa. Blaming him on taking bungs etc. We came second in spite of him. Loads more examples I'm sure you know about.

If you're aiming that at me, I had nothing to do with any of that. My only objection to Rafa was on purely footballing grounds after years of making very similar mistakes as I saw it, and then finishing seventh.

I do agree that some of the rumours spread about him or even just hinted at were below the belt and should never have been repeated on a public forum. However, to blame everything that has happened at the club in the last few years on a tiny group of bitter fans mouthing off on here is rather missing the point don't you think? Something about two foreign chaps who got in some trouble with the banks? I'm sure that must ring a bell or two.

As for Leto, I can't help you there either as I didn't see enough of him to form an opinion, but it does seem from my perspective as if Rafa himself wrote him off after very few chances.

But above all mate, I really have no idea why you would want ANOTHER Rafa argument just for the hell of it. I know it's a bit cliched perhaps, but he's not here any more. For god's sake move on.

Edited by zigackly

If you're aiming that at me, I had nothing to do with any of that. My only objection to Rafa was on purely footballing grounds after years of making very similar mistakes as I saw it, and then finishing seventh.

I do agree that some of the rumours spread about him or even just hinted at were below the belt and should never have been repeated on a public forum. However, to blame everything that has happened at the club in the last few years on a tiny group of bitter fans mouthing off on here is rather missing the point don't you think? Something about two foreign chaps who got in some trouble with the banks? I'm sure that must ring a bell or two.

As for Leto, I can't help you there either as I didn't see enough of him to form an opinion, but it does seem from my perspective as if Rafa himself wrote him off after very few chances.

I wasn't aiming it at you.

Some of our fans were complete cunts, though.

This is news to me. Mine and others complaints about Rafa were purely based on our cautious style of play at that time and not utilising the quality players we had available at certain stages of his time in charge.

Bungs is a pretty small time way of showing your dislike of any manager.