You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Yeah but you realise continues doesn't make any sense because he's never been great or done a great job?

In your opinion.

Allardyce, their fans and their players would probably pretty much all disagree with you.

They didn't finish in the top half of the table because of Carlton Cole. He had a very good season for them and has an average rating well beyond anyone else in their squad. He is a POMO manager's wet dream.

You stick to your guns but there's a reason Allardyce is spending that money on him and its because he was the most important player in the squad last season and the main reason, apart from the manager himself, they finished in the top half.

I'd look at how many of Kevin Nolan's goals came about. It's a perfectly decent view to think that but I'd say that having Carroll there brings the best out of Nolan's ability to get onto the second ball and nobody creates second ball opportunities like Carroll does.

I don't want him here but he's a hugely effective player for the right side. Literally unstoppable at times.

I think he's one of the worst strikers I have seen consistently start for us, I was absolutely stunned watching him play at times, and did not think we would be able to get this much back for him, so credit to everybody involved.

He did not consistely start for us though and that makes it even funnier he is used as a stick to beat former manager with as some kind of misguided support for the current one.

He did not consistely start for us though and that makes it even funnier he is used as a stick to beat former manager with as some kind of misguided support for the current one.

I still quite like Carroll but I can understand why he's no longer with us, unlike you who use him as a stick to beat our current manager with as some kind of misguided support for a former one.

I still quite like Carroll but I can understand why he's no longer with us, unlike you who use him as a stick to beat our current manager with as some kind of misguided support for a former one.

Sorry for supporting a manager who got us to two finals last season and woin us our first trophy in 6 seasons, it will never happen again.

After reading posts from the likes of you, the guest, major tom numero moody etc, I've learned its all about competing and not really winning, as all it does is to create losers.

Sorry for supporting a manager who got us to two finals last season and woin us our first trophy in 6 seasons, it will never happen again.

After reading posts from the likes of you, the guest, major tom numero moody etc, I've learned its all about competing and not really winning, as all it does is to create losers.

If its all about winning why keep bringing up getting to 2 finals when we only won one.

And got our arse handed to us in the FA cup I don't see that as something to brag about.

You must think when we got to Athens in 07 as an incredible achievement even though we lost as that is surely better than getting to an FA cup final and losing.

Getting to Athens was superb, reaching finals is the real achievement, because when it finally kicks off, its usually down to narrow margins and a bit of luck.

Fair enough. So it's not about winning then. In your opinion.

Fair enough. So it's not about winning then. In your opinion.

Winning is what its all about and when you have reached a final you have got yourself into a position to do exactly that.

But finals usually are very narrow contests and often its down to who win the penalty shoot out or not, so if you reach a final you have done a good job no matter what, but sadly you cant win them all.

Winning is what its all about and when you have reached a final you have got yourself into a position to do exactly that.

But finals usually are very narrow contests and often its down to who win the penalty shoot out or not, so if you reach a final you have done a good job no matter what, but sadly you cant win them all.

So it's all about winning....but losing can be okay too.

Cool.

Hilarious, considering I distinctly remember you blaming Rafa for our loss in Athens and also discounting it as much of an achievement. I could go back and dig up the posts but I cannot be arsed. I've done it about five times before and instead of holding your hands up you'll just mumble your way out of it.

So what does that say about Rafa, who got us to the greatest final in club football twice in three years? (with a FA-cup win inbetween).

Sorry for supporting a manager who got us to two finals last season and woin us our first trophy in 6 seasons' date=' it will never happen again.

After reading posts from the likes of you, the guest, major tom numero moody etc, I've learned its all about competing and not really winning, as all it does is to create losers.[/quote']

You are full of shit code. I supported Kenny. I supported Benitez and now I support Rodgers.