You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Even if we bought Carroll on a free, I'd be glad we just sold him.

Maybe one day he'll knuckle down and put 100% in most games, but that could be a few years and pints and injuries away yet.

He's a big distraction, a relic, he belongs with a manager like Allardyce and I'm staggered if people look back over their shoulder at him with any sort of regret.

I think we just mugged West Ham, I cannot believe we just sold a player like that for over £15m, especially with that goalscoring record of his. We bought Coutinho for HALF of that. Sturridge and Aspas, or Carroll? Come on...

I'm sure Code and a few others will wank themselves silly one week when Carroll scores two against Cardiff and we draw a blank away to Spurs or something. Nothing like selective framing of stats is there guys.

fuck sake how about wishing him the best and move on !!

look at it this way we sold we sold torres for 50m and babel for what 6m that pretty much covered both suarez and carroll signings

i could understand people being pissed if we had signed carroll and suarez then the torres deal falling through but it stands at no point did the club/owners stump up the 58 odd million that they cost

atleast carroll didnt sit in brazil crying for us to sell him at every chance he gets !! to me that does more damage than any loss that people say we made on big andy

Why wish him the best? He never pulled his weight with us. Fucking bone idle. Kenny put a lot of effort into getting him to a standard expected of a Liverpool player. Strong work ethic, show for the ball, burst a gut getting into attacking positions. We only ever got bits and pieces. City at home was his highlight. That was it. He let the king down in a big way

Suarez was signed regardless of what was gonna happen with Torres. Spin it as much as you like, the transfer was the biggest bag of shite in football history. A fucking disaster.

Every time I hear of a high profile signing I hope it's over 35 mil so we can get ourselves off the top 10. Fucking good riddance to the useless cunt.

Stu, I never really rated carroll while he was here with us, but there is no way getting around he improved his fitness and by that his game massively towards the end of the season and he has kept this fitness up at West Ham.

He played in 26 of the 39 games he was eligible for at West Ham and is currently injured and expected to be out until September.

Why wish him the best? He never pulled his weight with us. Fucking bone idle. Kenny put a lot of effort into getting him to a standard expected of a Liverpool player. Strong work ethic, show for the ball, burst a gut getting into attacking positions. We only ever got bits and pieces. City at home was his highlight. That was it. He let the king down in a big way

Suarez was signed regardless of what was gonna happen with Torres. Spin it as much as you like, the transfer was the biggest bag of shite in football history. A fucking disaster.

Every time I hear of a high profile signing I hope it's over 35 mil so we can get ourselves off the top 10. Fucking good riddance to the useless cunt.

I agree. When Andy Carroll was good..he was fucking brilliant. He scored those goals against City and scared them half to death. He scored two brilliant goals against Everton. He tormented John Terry twice and gave him the two bob bits.

But when Andy Carroll was bad, he was as much use as a condom in a convent. He ambled about without a care in the world. He looked a bigger donkey than Phil Jones. There is very few players with exception of Berbatov that look a bigger donkey than Phil Jones.

I don't get the way people talk about him 'needing to knock the pints on the head' or 'needing to change his lifestyle', this implies he's some kind of flawed Gazza like genius and that all he needs is some kind of Good Will Hunting style treatment to bring the best out of him, when in fact the simple truth is he's just shit - it really is that simple - he's an absolutely, categorically, fantastically shit footballer, he could be a teetotal eunuch and he'd still be shit.

The players Kenny left us were more than good enough for a top four challenge as thats exactly what they gave us for 2/3 of last season.

had we continued with kenny I would have been disappointed by anything less than 70 points

The players Kenny left us didn't even qualify for the EL by league position and failed to beat a Championship side in open play over 120 mins in the LC final.

You would have been disappointed.

I'm struggling to understand how 'continues' fits into the rest of your statement, unless it was sarcastic and I missed it.

Hope - an expression of desire

he - third person pronoun, referring in this instance to Andy Carroll

continues - already explained what this one means!

to do a great job - surely self-explanatory

at West Ham - the club he's been playing for since being bombed out by Pass the Buck Rodgers and replaced by Andrea Silenzi's secret lovechild

The players Kenny left us were more than good enough for a top four challenge as thats exactly what they gave us for 2/3 of last season.

Those players got us the lowest points score in our PL history. Keeping them would have resulted in 20 more points?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Hope - an expression of desire

he - third person pronoun, referring in this instance to Andy Carroll

continues - already explained what this one means!

to do a great job - surely self-explanatory

at West Ham - the club he's been playing for since being bombed out by Pass the Buck Rodgers and replaced by Andrea Silenzi's secret lovechild

Yeah but you realise continues doesn't make any sense because he's never been great or done a great job?

And so ends another world class bit of terrible business.

I think if anyone is to blame its carroll himself.

Regardless of what he cost, he got a big move and he didnt make the most of it.

In a season when we missed a lot of chances under kenny, carroll was as guilty as anyone plus some of the positions he took up made me wonder how he ever found the net unless the ball was pinged right onto his forehead.

Agree.

Works out he cost over half a million every time he went on the pitch - 40 odd games @20 million plus wages. Shame we couldn't get them to take that other fucking shirker Downing as well. Could have done a special deal for the two of them

All I can say is thank fuck Kenny didn't sign Phil Jones. We didn't need a defensive version of Andy Carroll.

I know this is a unpopular view but I still think Jones is a decent player and will improve.

As for Carroll, no problems with him, but he is basically shit as an actual footballer and we got a good deal for him there. Yes, if you're looking to hit him with high balls and make him cause a bit of panic in the area, he can be effective, and I think he will do fine at West Ham. But playing here with us now, no chance. Sturridge already has more goals than he got in his whole time here, I think.

Man City game

Winner against Everton at Goodison

Winner against Blackburn

Winner in the FA Cup semi

Cameo in the Cup final

Some good memories there. Good luck to him.