You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Guest davelfc
You serious?

Fuck the media and the chariot they road in on.

You really gonna listen to the people who hung Saurez up by his balls but lauded Terry? Fuck that den of cunts.

I couldn't give a shit personally about the media, but it's added pressure on the manager, you must be pretty naive if you can't see that. Fuck it's going to be difficult as it is without the millstone that is andy carroll hanging round his neck, especially if he doesn't select him.

Remember Rodgers didn't sign him, apparently doesn't want him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well if our owners and managers arent aware of this, they need to up their game. And quickly.

Having turned them down flat makes me think they're aware of what they're doing. However, 15m... I'd say thanks.

I couldn't give a shit personally about the media, but it's added pressure on the manager, you must be pretty naive if you can't see that. Fuck it's going to be difficult as it is without the millstone that is andy carroll hanging round his neck, especially if he doesn't select him.

Remember Rodgers didn't sign him, apparently doesn't want him.

If he can't handle the pressure he should never have taken the job.

His loose mouth is whats lead to the media following his every word and action, as far as I'm aware Carroll hasn't said a word or tweeted anything. No point him saying he is fully committed if the manager he has yet to clap eyes's on is already touting him in this cack handed fashion.

As I recall Rafa didn't sign Cisse, that was a done deal by Houllier before he even pitched up, ok, that was compounded with Owen doing a bunk so he was left with little choice but to keep him. He didn't let it be known he didn't want him cause he had all the tactical nous of a village idiot. He plugged away with him and eventually got rid, not until he scored an FA cup final goal that is.

No chance that happening with Brendan "Town Cryer" Rodgers being media friendly with the same cunts who had all but labeled us the most racist team in the free world!

Guest San Don
I hate all this "plan B" stuff. It's a load of old nonsense. When was the last time a really good team had a "plan B"? When we were shit hot in the late 80s under Kenny, what was our plan B? Take off Beardsley and stick on a big lump and get Barnes to just whack crosses in?

When we were good under Rafa what was our plan B? Was it shove Hyypia up front?

Anyone who goes into a game with only one plan is a fool. It means you are one dimnsional. Saying we had no Plan B when we had the greats is a joke. We changed the way we played plenty of times when we had to and that goes back to the 60's chum.

But then again, I guess you are one of the many who moan we rarely come from behind to win. I wonder why that is? Oh I know, its because we've only got one game plan, that's why!

Plenty of managers that arrive at big clubs know who in the first team squad they'd like to keep. Not quite sure why Rodgers is coming in for stick for not valuing a striker who can't score goals currently and probably won't fit his methods and therefore improve anytime soon. How many matches did Konchesky get under Dalglish? I didn't hear anyone at the time bemoaning the manager not taking a look at him or not giving him a chance.

Having turned them down flat makes me think they're aware of what they're doing. However, 15m... I'd say thanks.

£15 Mill for a current England international who is young, has great potential and appears to be 'wanted' by a number of clubs. As an example of his potential I would point to his games agains John Terry in the FA Cup final where he almost won the game for us and his display in the Euros against the swedes. People may not like that sort of player but they have their uses now and again. I can't believe we're not giving him a chance to turn into the "English Drogba" as one Journo called him after the cup final.

I'd like to believe that we have someone at the club who could manipulate this situation to get the best possible deal for the club - time will tell though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
£15 Mill for a current England international who is young, has great potential and appears to be 'wanted' by a number of clubs.

Yeah, he's not very good. You can spin that up as much as you want, but he's not very good, can't control the ball, pass properly, or finish. So yeah, for 15m, I'd pull their hand off at the shoulder.

Yeah, he's not very good. You can spin that up as much as you want, but he's not very good, can't control the ball, pass properly, or finish. So yeah, for 15m, I'd pull their hand off at the shoulder.

This basically is the truth. He's just not very good at football. If Rodgers doesn't rate him, then so be it and let's start building the team that Rodgers wants. It's hardly the most outrageous verdict ever passed on a footballer to suggest that Andy Carroll isn't very good.

Plenty of managers that arrive at big clubs know who in the first team squad they'd like to keep. Not quite sure why Rodgers is coming in for stick for not valuing a striker who can't score goals currently and probably won't fit his methods and therefore improve anytime soon. How many matches did Konchesky get under Dalglish? I didn't hear anyone at the time bemoaning the manager not taking a look at him or not giving him a chance.

You're comparing Carroll, a guy who can possibly get better, and at least be at Peter Crouch level, to Paul fucking Konchesky?!

I give up!

This basically is the truth. He's just not very good at football. If Rodgers doesn't rate him, then so be it and let's start building the team that Rodgers wants. It's hardly the most outrageous verdict ever passed on a footballer to suggest that Andy Carroll isn't very good.

Or indeed that Rodger's words to the press have sparked a cut-price sale. Carroll playing shit ever since he arrived sparked the cut-price sale. Not that it was ever his fault that we spunked £35M quids on him.

Not fitting into the system that the manager wants to impose on the team doesn't equate to being "not very good" - Like I said there are a number of very good professional managers who seem to "Want" him at their club.

Newcastle, West Ham, Aston villa, AC Milan etc - why do you think it is that managers of clubs like these (and indeed our very own Kenny Dalglish wanted him in his team) want him to join their team? is it because he's "not very good" and they just want to make the rest of the squad look brilliant in comparison?

Not fitting into the system that the manager wants to impose on the team doesn't equate to being "not very good" - Like I said there are a number of very good professional managers who seem to "Want" him at their club.

Newcastle, West Ham, Aston villa, AC Milan etc - why do you think it is that managers of clubs like these (and indeed our very own Kenny Dalglish wanted him in his team) want him to join their team? is it because he's "not very good" and they just want to make the rest of the squad look brilliant in comparison?

Rodgers doesn't rate him, loads of people on here don't rate him anyway and the rest is basically irrelevant.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not fitting into the system that the manager wants to impose on the team doesn't equate to being "not very good"

No, you're right, that's not the reason he's not very good. It's because he's not very good. He can't hit a fucking barn door, he can't keep up with play, his control is poor, his in-game intelligence is non-existent, and his doesn't score goals. That's why he's not very good, Mate.

Like I said there are a number of very good professional managers who seem to "Want" him at their club.

Want him? They want to loan him. They want to get him on the cheap so they can see if he can turn it around.

Rodgers doesn't rate him, loads of people on here don't rate him anyway and the rest is basically irrelevant.

Rodgers doesn't see him fitting into his style of play - that doesn't mean he doesn't rate him. Loads of people on here not rating him is just as irrelevant as the rest of it. There were people who used to rave about Pongolle and Le Tallec because Houllier told them they were "Gems".

I won't be disapointed to see Carroll leave, he's had Kenny Dalglish give him everything to get him to settle and he hasn't repaid that faith - I just think it borders on the ridiculous the way some people pass judgment on him by claiming "he's not very good at football". It's almost guaranteed that whoever he goes to he will turn up and put in a couple of blinding performances for them against us.

I understand Rodgers doesn't want him in his team - that's his right, I just wonder how much first hand assessment of Carroll he's been able to do to come to that decision.

Want him? They want to loan him. They want to get him on the cheap so they can see if he can turn it around.

But why would they if he's not very good at football? Surely the Premiership managers can see this, they really don't need to log on to the internet to read what the brains trust on the football messageboards think of particular players.

You've got your opinion - and fair enough, you're supporting your case. But I get a bit sniffy at anyone on an internet messageboard that simply dismisses one Premiership player or another as being "not very good at football" - surely you see that is just a silly statement? Simply to be on the books of a professional football club is an indication that perhaps they have something - to be on the books of a Premiership club MUST mean they have that something extra?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
But why would they if he's not very good at football?

For the same reason every player has ever been bought. A professional manager bought Konchesky, several in fact.

Rodgers doesn't see him fitting into his style of play - that doesn't mean he doesn't rate him. Loads of people on here not rating him is just as irrelevant as the rest of it. There were people who used to rave about Pongolle and Le Tallec because Houllier told them they were "Gems".

I won't be disapointed to see Carroll leave, he's had Kenny Dalglish give him everything to get him to settle and he hasn't repaid that faith - I just think it borders on the ridiculous the way some people pass judgment on him by claiming "he's not very good at football". It's almost guaranteed that whoever he goes to he will turn up and put in a couple of blinding performances for them against us.

I understand Rodgers doesn't want him in his team - that's his right, I just wonder how much first hand assessment of Carroll he's been able to do to come to that decision.

I'm wondering that too.

I'm also wondering whether the decision has been made above the manager's level.