You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

Guest ShoePiss

I think we have to keep playing him not bench him. I don't see how sticking him on the bench helps at all. Unlike Ezekiel I can't say I'm not worried at all but hopefully persevering with him brings out the player the coaching team think he is.

I'm hoping he isn't match fit, I've looked at his Newcastle complilations and that does appear to be the case. He'll get there with games under his belt. Last season was a write off for him due to injuries, quoting that he's been here for 8 months and not shown his worth isn't right, let's see how he's doing towards the end of the season.

Sticking him on the bench might not help him at all, but it certainly helps the team.

Is there anyone here who really disagrees that we look better without him?

so far we have looked better without him apart from City last year. Do you not think he deserves a run of games in the team with stevie and suarez in the same 11? As far as i remember it was against Utd last year they were on the pitch together for a few mins and thats it.

Perhaps one of the reasons he was a success at Newcastle was because expectations/pressure is so much lower there than at LFC ??

Oh and BTW why is it stupid to say Carroll looks out of his depth ?? Dalglish wants us to play a style based on quick, accurate passing and off the ball movement, please explain where AC fits into that.

Yeah they had bizarre low expectations like, 'see this ball Andy, yeah put it in the back of the net' which he did, time and time again. He's playeed against the best in the premier league and run them ragged on his day, fact. If kenny needs to change our style of play to get the best out him I trust Kenny will do that.

Yeah they had bizarre low expectations like, 'see this ball Andy, yeah put it in the back of the net' which he did, time and time again. He's playeed against the best in the premier league and run them ragged on his day, fact. If kenny needs to change our style of play to get the best out him I trust Kenny will do that.

Good post.

Ha ha !

It's fair to say opinions are divided on this one.

Fuck all the hate. I still rate the big soft twat. I still want him to score when he gets the ball. I still support him because he's a Liverpool player.

He got a lovely brace against AL Citeh last season. Best header I've seen us score for years. He's already scored with a sweet strike this season against Exeter.

The lad's just low on confidence and all the pressure from the price tag is probably getting to his head. I say we just sing his name and give him all the support we can because until he leaves LFC, he's our Andy Carroll.

So far, he's one of the most one paced, cumbersome and non threatening forwards I've ever seen play for the club. He's been ludicrously shit. Not even average, just eyeball aids inducing rubbish.

Fuck me! i thought that you were talking about Heskey then!.:whistle:

Ha ha !

Fuck all the hate. I still rate the big soft twat. I still want him to score when he gets the ball. I still support him because he's a Liverpool player.

He got a lovely brace against AL Citeh last season. Best header I've seen us score for years. He's already scored with a sweet strike this season against Exeter.

The lad's just low on confidence and all the pressure from the price tag is probably getting to his head. I say we just sing his name and give him all the support we can because until he leaves LFC, he's our Andy Carroll.

This is quite a fair assessment with the caveat that I don't think anyone can say for sure whether he was a purple period striker who's below the standard required here or a potential world-beater who could to be a superstar here when he settles in and finds himself. I'm still in the latter camp but I'm not as sure as I was...

Ha ha !

Love that .....

Thats certainly what am gonna do until they sell the big guy or he becomes a liverpool legend

what if the change of style of play doesn't suit suarez and some of the others? Do we persist with that?

I would rather the team was built around someone like suarez (if its one or the other )as he is exponentially the better player.

What is it about Liverpool and the purchase of injured players? We spent a fortune on Aquilani (injured). He's gone. Now we've done it again with Carroll: a shit load of money, and when you pay that kind of cash you want instant success. INSTANT. This club doesn't have time to sit and wait for Carroll to 'get fit'. He should already be at a good level of fitness, quick on the ball and accurate in front of goal. Waiting for results down the line are not acceptable.

Do you think the pressure on Kenny to get the team performing will be less after the next 3-4 four losses, or more? We live in a world of instant tangible good times, and that is an exagerated state in Premier League Football.

NOBODY was willing to give Roy Hodgson a season to sort things out. Aquilani started to look real good pre-season, but his train had left the station. Kenny's train wont wait for ever, and Carroll's train could well be scheduled for its run in January.

Well I think a solid partnership of Suarez and Carroll would benefit the team far more and often partnerships take time to form.

Give it time.

^ this

to get the best out of this partnership though we also need to set up the midfield correctly and imo we should've brought in a right winger instead of Henderson

---------------Carroll

---------------------Suarez

Downing------------------------right winger

----------Adam/Lucas---Gerrard

even if we are going for a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 i would still have Gerrard playing deeper and that right wing position would have to be filled by Kuyt or Maxi i guess

we should've made a £20m move for Adam Johnston

I hope he come good, i really want him to succeed. The only problem is when he plays the rest of the team just don't seem to.

We lump balls up to him which he fails to win, when it's passed into his feet his control makes Dirk look like Messi.

Alot of work to be done with him, i think putting him on the bench ight be the best way to go in the short term until he has adjusted to our style of pass and move.

if by the end of the season he still hasn't forced his way into Kenny's plans then bin him whilst he still has resale value.

How long does it take to get fit exactly? I know every player differs but this should be looked into. We buy AC and Aquilani for huge sums and then we are expected to wait for ages till we see any end product. I just don't buy this wait till he gets fit bullshit. If it takes so long to get fit then why fuckin buy a player when it takes over 6 months to get properly fit. Why pay wages to someone for so long when they offer nothing.

If you are back from injury it should not take long to get fit. I can forgive a player maybe being slow to get his touch etc back but to look so out of shape and lethargic after this amount of time is ridiculous. You are getting paid loads of money so there is no excuse not to look lean, fit and ready for action after a short period of time. The mental side is another matter however.

The mental side is another matter however.

Andy Carroll needs Kenny to take him under his wing and for Kenny to make him feel like the greatest player on earth - that's why we bought him right cos Kenny sees that in him - otherwise why spend £35m on him?

those 2 goals against City last season showed what he can do for us and i thought that him getting a full pre season under his belt would the key to him coming back stronger

but something is not quite right mentally with him - whether it being his drinking issues or injury or whatever - anyway benching him is NOT the way forward

he needs game time!!

Regardless of what I think about the man, Kenny and Co believed he was worth it. Now they have either changed their mind or they need to back the player and get his head and his fitness up to the required level. This will involve the hand around the shoulder approach and getting him to believe in himself and forget about the price tag. Games like last night are the sort of games where he needs to play. Inferior opposition where he can show what he has got and get his confidence back. I that if anyone can get him to play liek he can for a big club then Kenny is the man but I'm starting to think/worry that maybe Kenny doesn't think it is possible. Maybe his supposed off the field problems and his attitude can not be repaired.Time will tell and I hope he becomes a legend for us and I can eat my humble pie for dessert everyday.

Excellent point. He scored 1 in 2 with Newcastle last season while being surrounded by average team mates, now he's at Liverpool and surrounded by quality players he should be scoring almost a goal a game and terrorising defences by your logic.

Oh, wait........