You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres comments

bouncebrigade

I have lost all respect for the man, I hate him because I loved him. However, in slight mitigation of him, as it hasn't been mentioned as far I can see, he did have this to say on the Chelsea website (yes, I feel dirty for having been on it). I would have liked a bigger mention of the fans who worshipped him through thick and thin but at least he acknowledges that we made him a top player.

Interviewer: It appears your first game will be at Stamford Bridge on Sunday against Liverpool.

Judas: It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score.

All this Chelsea are at top level team, is bollocks. Also, how will Torres and Drogba play together, 4-4-2? Then what happens to Lampard, he's best in a 3 man midfield...Ancelotti has his work cut out.

Admittedly his comments, based on a snapshot of today, are true but 2 seasons ago we were 2nd and in the CL. No reason why we can't be competing for at least top 4 next season or the title. Very short sighted in my opinion.

I don't see any great sides out there - utd aren't great but are grinding results out. City and Spurs are still works in progress but still erratic. Arsenal look good but never seem to win anything...

Add to that they now have 7, yes 7 first team strikers I can see it all ending in tears and I will laugh, long and hard.

Another footballer has had a "super injunction" put in place to protect their identity as they have already been in the media for having an affair before. I hope it's JT.

Joined the "best team", I think not, on their way up, I think not.

If we can bridge the 5 point gap to 6th I think we have a real chance of 5th or maybe, just maybe 4th when spuds and citeh start cocking up again.

If he had gone abroad I would of said it was the best thing for him and the best thing lfc as we all know he wasnt showing the same hunger or desire as he first did.

But the fact he went to the chavs fucking boils my piss...

Id love it, Id fucking love it if we beat them and pipped them for 4th....

Never say never...

Aldo was just on SSN and summed him up perfectly. Aldo called him 'fraudulent' and intimated that, judging on this season, we're not losing much.

To be honest even if he came out and released a statement saying how much he valued our club, and thanked the fans etc, It wouldn't mean fuck all to me, I don't agree with John Aldridge that much but he's right, Torres is fraudulent and the statement would of been full of lies.

Fuck him.

Lets just forget about him now as anything he says will have no bearing on our future.Personally I do not think he will be there more than 2 seasons by which time we will have overtaken them in every way.Quality, class and tradition does not come cheap.

We move on. YNWA

Quite funny how Chelsea reported, what was it, about £80 million in losses, and they go and spend another £70 million on Torres and Luis.

Things can get, very, very bad there. Dont see how the hell they will manage with the new UEFA rules coming into play soon. I think Torres has made a huge mistake, might be wishful thinking, but i can see alot of things going wrong for them in the near future.