You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stephen Warnock

norwichlfc

Wonder do the VAR have an audio feed to the commentary?

Warnock kept talking about the foul by Jota for Darwin's goal, completely ignoring the fact he was bundled off the ball and into the Wolves player. Easy for the VAR to go with that narrative if they know the tv is saying the same.

Would've loved for him to harp on about the foul on Jota.

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Loads of people seem pissed off about him on comms and I'm sure it's justified, but Ste Warnock is a massive Red and loves the club. I don't know him well but I've spoken to him a few times and I used to speak to his dad a lot back in the day. 

A damning indictment.

• Haha 1

Has his football knowledge improved or is he still making shit up/coming out with mad stuff.

Not sure he's be welcome in Belgrade for calling Red Star part timers like they were some provincial club from San Marino full of fisherman and teachers, or describing Klopp's system as the gangnam style.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Has his football knowledge improved or is he still making shit up/coming out with mad stuff.

Not sure he's be welcome in Belgrade for calling Red Star part timers like they were some provincial club from San Marino full of fisherman and teachers, or describing Klopp's system as the gangnam style.

To be fair,if he'd added 'like' part timers or 'compared to the PL'  he wouldn't have been far wrong.

This is more of an indictment of how awash with a good deal of dodgy cash the English game is than too much of a blight on a big club like Red Star. It's sickening to see both Western and Eastern Europe's once elite being mainly feeder clubs for the top leagues in European football. I miss the possibility of those tricky away ties and the nouse needed to negotiate them. Mind you,now we've got bent and incompetent refs of  our own while some of these countries provide the world's best.

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I've got him on my stream too.

Muted it ages ago when he made some quip about splitting England caps with Ashley Cole.

Constantly contradicting himself and just wanting everything to be brilliant. I have some Asian TV channel with PL comms so maybe there’s an element of playing to the tune of his bosses but he’s been embarrassing. 

Warnock is bad enough but it's the twat commentator he has with him that makes me want to boot the tele in. US TV so it is always gonna be shit but this prick insists on shouting the players name whenever there is a shot, no matter how speculative. HAARLAD!!!!! ooooh just wide. SALAH!!!!!! over the bar. Every time.

• 9 months later...

Easily chats as much shit as the likes of Murphy, Beglin etc.

Are there actually any ex-Reds in the pundit class who are at least even-handed towards us? Other than Souness I suppose.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...