You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We have a game in 3 days. And i doubt there's ever gonna be less talk about the match considering the events of this weekend.

What should be Luis' debut is gonna be completely over-shadowed by the other fella, and thats a shame.

So anyway, im so sick of reading and talking about Torres - anyone want to look forward to and discuss Wednesday night?

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you reckon Suarez will start on Wednesday then? Had Torres not ridden roughshod all over proceedings since we signed the lad, I would have expected him to start on the bench vs Stoke, with perhaps a 20-25 minutes run on depending on the state of the game.

If Torres were to disappear tomorrow, then I think there is every chance he will start as the alternative will be a Kuyt/N'Gog partnership possibly, or Kuyt up top and three behind him.

I suppose the ideal scenario would have been us 2-0 up and bring Suarez on at the 70 minutes mark for a proper welcome and a good run around with the pressure off.

Hard to know what the formation or line up will be now.

It was advertised on here as a spare on the kop and no one took it up.

Take a long hard deep look in the mirror forumites, you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Are you just trying to get some new things to add to the "World of a woman" thread? Or are you crazy enough to think this is a good idea?

Do you reckon Suarez will start on Wednesday then? Had Torres not ridden roughshod all over proceedings since we signed the lad, I would have expected him to start on the bench vs Stoke, with perhaps a 20-25 minutes run on depending on the state of the game.

If Torres were to disappear tomorrow, then I think there is every chance he will start as the alternative will be a Kuyt/N'Gog partnership possibly, or Kuyt up top and three behind him.

I suppose the ideal scenario would have been us 2-0 up and bring Suarez on at the 70 minutes mark for a proper welcome and a good run around with the pressure off.

Hard to know what the formation or line up will be now.

Difficult to say Rob, would Kenny want Torres playing if he stays? Would he want Suarez to start if he goes? Its all conjecture obviously until 11pm tomorrow night but my gut instinct is Suarez will start. He's had a bit of time out of football this season thanks to his liking of sinking his teeth into the opposition, and i think that means he'll be pumped up and ready to go. He'll also understand how we all felt about Torres and he'll be wanting to take that honour from him, it would probably be the perfect time to grab our attention, when we've all felt so low and let down. Ofcourse i trust Kenny to judge the situation and make the correct decision but at the minute it looks like Luis' role on Wednesday night will be determined by Chelsea, as fucking ludicrous as that sounds.

Are you just trying to get some new things to add to the "World of a woman" thread? Or are you crazy enough to think this is a good idea?

Of course it isn't a good idea, hence I offered the ticket to everyone on here first.

Alas no one wanted it so she's coming now. At least she'll drive so I can have a few drinks.

Difficult to say Rob, would Kenny want Torres playing if he stays? Would he want Suarez to start if he goes? Its all conjecture obviously until 11pm tomorrow night but my gut instinct is Suarez will start. He's had a bit of time out of football this season thanks to his liking of sinking his teeth into the opposition, and i think that means he'll be pumped up and ready to go. He'll also understand how we all felt about Torres and he'll be wanting to take that honour from him, it would probably be the perfect time to grab our attention, when we've all felt so low and let down. Ofcourse i trust Kenny to judge the situation and make the correct decision but at the minute it looks like Luis' role on Wednesday night will be determined by Chelsea, as fucking ludicrous as that sounds.

Not wanting to turn this into another Torres conjecture thread, but I don't know what Kenny will think is for the best should Torres stay. He may say something along the lines of "you're an Employee of this club until such times that you are sold, now get out there and fucking play, you were happy enoughh to sign your contract and this is Liverpool Football club, now do your fucking job. If your head isn't right to play, that's fine, I can sort that for you, for each time it isn't right while you;re contracted to us, you get your wages docked, see how fucking long that takes you to sort it out".

Kenny will have been in similar situations before, I'm sure of that and we know he isn't a shirker when it comes to making ruthless decisions. I suspect that he will talk to Torres, find out what he has to say for himself and if the signs aren't good, he will wash his hands of him and tell the club that he doesn't want anyone who is pulling in a different direction in the squad and you can sell him. This may have happened already, or he could still be welcome in the fold until the end of the season. It's a puzzler as I couldn't say with any certainty how Kenny would handle it, should he stay.

The knock on effect could be that Suarez has to start on Wednesday, or if not there could be a change in formation for the game. This is the kind of situation that Torres doing his shithouse end of window games could cause.

I'll be honest, I was expecting him to go in the Summer anyway, and I really have no massive issue with him wanting away. He is at or coming to the peak of his career now and we have been a shambles for 2 years off the field, if not longer and for 18 months on it, given that, and that the road ahead could be a very long one, he feels for the sake of his career that he has to make the move this year. OK, fine, so be it....it's the timing and the proposed destination that are the cripplers and what really grind.

==========Reina==========

Kelly===Agger====Skrtel==Johnson

==Meireles==Gerrard==Adam====

Kuyt==================Maxi

==========Suarez==========

Its not ideal and it is a bit speculative with Adam being there but its something i would like to see. Fingers crossed we may have a couple of more players in maybe but we shall see if Adam not here then Lucas clearly fit in that role.

Is Suarez actually up to speed and match fit though? Isn't it the case that he hasn't played much in the way of competitive football for a while? If so, and allied to the fact that he will have had a busy few days, flying about, meeting folks, settling in, getting used to new surroundings and all that baggage, I doubt he would be ready to start a game.

In an ideal situation, I think he might have started on the bench for the first few games until he had time for proper, undisturbed training with the team and time to get some kind of understanding of the role expected of him.

With the squad we have now:

------------------Reina---------------------

Kelly-------Soto----------Agger------Johnson

Gerrard-----Meireles------Lucas----------Cole

-------------Suarez-------Ngog--------------

Deffo start Suarez...Hard to say if those twats Blackpool will let Adam go...Meireles cost 11m and hes a international...who do they think they are looking for crazy money....As for Torres.. I'd start him up front with Suarez...Ngog I know he trys but he doesn't have that cutting edge...

4-4-2

Reina

Kelly Soto Agger Aurielo

Gerrard Meireles Lucas Cole

Suarez Torres

Deffo have Dani on bench and if Torres looks uninterested take him of and stick him up front with Suarez....Personally, I don't think Torres is going anywhere at the moment maybe the Summer but if we have him play him...Come on Redmen need a few against these!