You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just wanted to vent my disgust..........

dennis tooth

Yeah soz, reluctantly doing it cos I think people are blaming H and G and Torres, fair enough but as far as I can see from the info we have then Purslow has played his part, maybe even Broughton, (Not going there as theres no evidence to accuse this Chelsea fan of anything.) in all of this.

People are saying stuff now about a £30 million bid last summer and somehow Purlsow had something to do with us turning it down when H and G where ready to cash in (As if.) but does this have any basis as I have not heard anything other than they bid a pathetic £30 million with a straight face.

The story about the pay rise is laughable considering the release clause was stuck into it. Torres is the best striker in the world and worth £80 million so you don't put a clause for £50 million in for him and appoint Roy hodgson then clench your fist shouting 'full steam ahead'. It's a bit like setting your own face on fire, it just doesn't work.

Some people just want to defend him, Juan loves him.

Keep cheering, hope to hear more on how great he is the next time some other Purlsow chicken comes home to roost. Good to see such good judgement still relied upon despite wholehearted support of the Hodgson regime. I mean some people might learn a lesson from that but others will take it as a sign that they were right all along and will be even more right next time, they swear it.

Agent Cole mission complete,last seen on m1 heading towards upton park.:whistle:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it has but for you to just lay all of the blame at Purslow and Hodgsons door is very simplistic as well. Only Torres is to blame. Nobody else.

No one is saying it's all anyones fault, everyone should take their part. Torres wishes should not be granted, he has a contract, 3 years left at that time. Even if they were planning to sell Torres a £30 million bid should never be accepted for him so the voting on that bid should be a matter of course either way.

Yeah soz, reluctantly doing it cos I think people are blaming H and G and Torres, fair enough but as far as I can see from the info we have then Purslow has played his part, maybe even Broughton, (Not going there as theres no evidence to accuse this Chelsea fan of anything.) in all of this.

People are saying stuff now about a £30 million bid last summer and somehow Purlsow had something to do with us turning it down when H and G where ready to cash in (As if.) but does this have any basis as I have not heard anything other than they bid a pathetic £30 million with a straight face.

The story about the pay rise is laughable considering the release clause was stuck into it. Torres is the best striker in the world and worth £80 million so you don't put a clause for £50 million in for him and appoint Roy hodgson then clench your fist shouting 'full steam ahead'. It's a bit like setting your own face on fire, it just doesn't work.

Some people just want to defend him, Juan loves him.

Keep cheering, hope to hear more on how great he is the next time some other Purlsow chicken comes home to roost. Good to see such good judgement still relied upon despite wholehearted support of the Hodgson regime. I mean some people might learn a lesson from that but others will take it as a sign that they were right all along and will be even more right next time, they swear it.[/quote

Nah not having that Dennis, all speculation on your part. This has got nothing to do with Purslow and the 50 mil clause was there to keep Torres for at least another season. Look at Torres in this case and no further

It doesn't matter, Rafa could have promised him a new bike, it doesn't matter as he had been sacked.

As for the £30 mill bid, why would I rather that be waved through, no transfer should be taking place without a manager to direct it. Are you saying Purslow personally got Hicks to block it?

Ah forget it.

Gillett agreed the deal. That's why Abramovich was given permission by Gillett's people to speak to Torres in South Africa.

The board blocked it. I don't know how Hicks voted.

So - your choice. a/ Sell Torres for much less than £30m, as agreed by Gillett. b/ Or come to an agreement with him to stay, thus the £50m clause.

Which would you have done? I'm assuming you would have taken the money from your answers (or, rather, allowed Gillett to pay off that instalment to Mill Financial).

It's a really straightforward question. What would you have done? Let's have the answer, please.

Yes it has but for you to just lay all of the blame at Purslow and Hodgsons door is very simplistic as well. Only Torres is to blame. Nobody else.

I didn’t lay all the blame at their door though, did I? I know you’re Purslow’s number one fan and had a brief Hodgson fling but you can stand down on that one.

Torres is not the only one to blame. The previous owners, Purslow, Hodgson, and even the new owners have all contributed to Torres wanting to go. His timing is absolutely appalling but this has not all come from Torres simply waking up one day and deciding that he doesn’t like Liverpool anymore. A large number of factors have contributed to us getting to this point and to pretend otherwise is just foolish.

Purslow was up to quite a bit of mischief during his short spell as CEO I hold him responsible for. Torres wanting to leave Liverpool is not one of them though.

Not saying him 'wanting to leave' is anyones fault but Torres.

Facillitating it is another matter, making promises (Team investment, conditions which will decide if Torres can leave and when.) he was never in a position to do is also another matter and inserting release clauses in his contract.

Also we know he was involved in a lot of other player shit he shouldn't have been (Eg Carra's contract) so we probably don't know even the half of it.

I'm surprised we didnt see Purslow warming up in a tracky with 'CP' on it, on the touchline with the subs during games, doing sprints and so on.

Roy Hodgson was the biggest mistake made by Purslow...which is a contributing factor to this Torres debacle.

You may be right when you say a contributing factor but if you are then there are others at fault as well in Hicks, Gillett and Rafa Benitez as well as Purslow and Hodgson. Or none of them are responsible for this and Torres is just a lying, fan playing deceitful rat maybe.

I think it is the latter personally but each to their own.

I didn’t lay all the blame at their door though, did I? I know you’re Purslow’s number one fan and had a brief Hodgson fling but you can stand down on that one.

Torres is not the only one to blame. The previous owners, Purslow, Hodgson, and even the new owners have all contributed to Torres wanting to go. His timing is absolutely appalling but this has not all come from Torres simply waking up one day and deciding that he doesn’t like Liverpool anymore. A large number of factors have contributed to us getting to this point and to pretend otherwise is just foolish.

One name not surprisingly missing off that list there.....

Nah not having that Dennis, all speculation on your part. This has got nothing to do with Purslow and the 50 mil clause was there to keep Torres for at least another season. Look at Torres in this case and no further

It is a lot of speculation, based on what we know from the more reliable reports int he media. You say this £50 million clause was designed to keep him? Eh?

1 He's surely worth more than that or at least that and would have multiple rich clubs after him, ergo bidding war so why, just why?

2 As far as I am aware he didn't have a £25 million release clause and still had a contract with no release clause? If H and G wanna sell, they going to sell mate, nothing Purslow could have done on that.

It doesn't even make sense but if someone can set me straight I'm all ears.

Edited by dennis tooth

Not saying him 'wanting to leave' is anyones fault but Torres.

Facillitating it is another matter, making promises (Team investment, conditions which will decide if Torres can leave and when.) he was never in a position to do is also another matter and inserting release clauses in his contract.

Well, I don't what Purslow has promised Torres. What I do know, is that Torres (just like the rest of us) has been lied to for years by the owners about what their plans were. The last shite spouted by Hicks was that last summer was going to be big.

It's just a shame about the timing of it all, and there may be more to that than meets the eye.

Either way I trust Kenny to make the right decision on whether to sell Fernando now or keep him until the summer.

It's all pointless blaming anyone other than the player and his agents. Torres doesn't have to go anywhere unless he wants to so ultimately this is his decision. Noone else is accountable.

There's something gone on behind the scenes i'm sure but if he wants to go, fuck him and let him go. Just make sure we screw enough dough out of whoever he goes to and preferably i'd like it be abroad and not to an English team.

Don't blame it on money

Don't blame it on being a twat

Don't blame it on him being a liar

Blame it on Purslow

Seriously though. Torres stayed this summer because of Purslow. If it wasn't for him he'd have fucked off already, but in hindsight that might have been a good thing.

Purslow is vast becoming the bogey man for all things wrong at the club, every man and their donkey is trying to pin everything on Purslow, when as ever the truth is somewhere in between. I will always be grateful for what he did for this club, but by the same token he made some fucked up decisions which did cost us.

I don't care what reason Torres puts forward, he's a cunt, he's not taking a step up, if anything he could be taking a massive step back. We're a club on the up, we're a club getting our shit together and slowly but surely getting our place back as top dogs.

Who knows what Purslow said to Torres? I mean to be honest with you he would have had bigger fish to fry than whatever he thought anyway.

The simple fact of the matter is, and I said this under Hodgson, from Rafa to Hodgson, From Parry to Gillett what we are witnessing is 3 years of completely and utter fuck ups.

Hopefully this is the last aftershock.

Ironic since were in a blame game and nearly everyone is blaiming Purslow, Hodgson, Gillett and Hicks for Torres twatty carry on yet one name missing off this list in the blame game. And I am the one accused of being unbalanced. Brilliant.

None of them are to blame, not even Rafa. Sorry to disappoint you all.

Either everyone has to take some responsibility and that includes Rafa or nobody does. In my opinion only Torres is responsible for his own actions.

He did say this back in April 2010 though: "The sale of Arbeloa, Hyypia and Alonso was an important loss, players like Xabi are very rare. He was the team's engine and you know that when you change an engine, it takes time to work again."

Hodgson wasn't here then, Rafa was still manager and was responsible for the sale of the above players Torres seemed to be missing so much as we ambled to 7th in the league a month later. So if people are happy to blame all the others for Torres acting a total cunt then they would do well to look at Rafa Benitez' role in it as well. I won't be surprised if they don't though. But as I say I don't blame Rafa anymore than I do the other four people. Because none of them are at fault for Torres fucking us over on deadline day almost. On the day we break our club record for a signing and invest in the team which we were led to believe the lack of investment in the team was his problem in the first place. He is a lying fucking cunt.

Edited by Juan Galonso

You may be right when you say a contributing factor but if you are then there are others at fault as well in Hicks, Gillett and Rafa Benitez as well as Purslow and Hodgson. Or none of them are responsible for this and Torres is just a lying, fan playing deceitful rat maybe.

I think it is the latter personally but each to their own.

There is no such thing as loyalty in terms of players/fans and clubs. There is no point judging Torres on a different standard.

Lying, fan playing , deceitful cna be applied to majority of footballers in the premier league.

Rat can only be applied to that ugly cunt down east lancs road.

Gillett agreed the deal. That's why Abramovich was given permission by Gillett's people to speak to Torres in South Africa.

So - your choice. a/ Sell Torres for much less than £30m, as agreed by Gillett. b/ Or come to an agreement with him to stay, thus the £50m clause.

Which would you have done? I'm assuming you would have taken the money from your answers (or, rather, allowed Gillett to pay off that instalment to Mill Financial).

It's a really straightforward question. What would you have done? Let's have the answer, please.

Goal.com is as reliable a source as Italian sportspapers.

Think there’s enough literature around about that cunt Purslow to probably state along with Gillette and Hicks he is the next worse thing to have happened / been inflicted on the club in the last so many years.

Yet you still get defense of the twat.

but 99% of that literature is shit made up by clueless bitter small minded bellends.

I know what I believe. Purslow was no angel, but overall he comes out of the whole debacle well in credit.

I don't know if this is true, first I've heard but let's suppose it is.

With all the will in the world, Gillette couldn't sell him on his own, certainly £30 million is not even a realistic bid, if the board accepted it the board accepted it but clearly, they didn't. Where would the insertion of a buy out clause feature in all this? If they wanted to sell him he would have been sold last summer for sure, again no need to insert clause any any case you describe so all that you just pointed out doesn't even matter. If you rejected the bid, theres no need to 'convince him to stay' is there?

The board decide whether to accept or reject bids not Gillette,

End of.

Ironic since were in a blame game and nearly everyone is blaiming Purslow, Hodgson, Gillett and Hicks for Torres twatty carry on yet one name missing off this list in the blame game. And I am the one accused of being unbalanced. Brilliant.

None of them are to blame, not even Rafa. Sorry to disappoint you all.

It’s odd that you’re so consistently accused of being unbalanced.