You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Living in the past

andrew78

Thats what i get told off all my mates and other people when i try to argue my case about liverpool,well today im starting to think i have been ,im fucking gutted that our star player would sell us down the river and to join them.What message does it send out about our ambitions,honestly are we ever going to rule the land again i carnt see it and it fucking hurts

Thats what i get told off all my mates and other people when i try to argue my case about liverpool,well today im starting to think i have been ,im fucking gutted that our star player would sell us down the river and to join them.What message does it send out about our ambitions,honestly are we ever going to rule the land again i carnt see it and it fucking hurts

People said that when Keegan left

If the player asks to leave what the fuck do we do, selling Christiano Ronaldo didnt do United any harm. Selling Rush in 1987 didnt do us any harm, or when Souness left in 1984. Everton have got better since Rooney left them, if he wants out lets sell, invest the money in a range of good players to stop us relying on him and him alone to get goals.

This shit pisses me off too. So, we're not allowed to dream? To be ambitious? Get to fuck. I'm not even sure what it means. Living in the past? Are there Liverpool fans walking around the place pretending that we're still winning all around us? That it's not been two decades since we've won a League Title?

Fuck.Off!!

Exactly.

No one's living in the past. Proud of it but not living in it.

Players leave big clubs. Even in the past.

We're still a big club. Not a successful one at the moment but a big one as always.

Unless they strip us of 18 titles, 5 European Cups etc... we'll still be a big club long after everyone on these threads is maggot and worm fodder six feet under or in urns on our kids' mantlepieces.

And tell anyone who says otherwise to get to the fuck.

I'm not old enough to 'live in the past'. I was 2 when we last won the league but I'm still proud of everything the club has achieved even before my time. Tonight I just feel betrayed, what a treacherous little cunt he has been.

All I can say (and it still fucking hurts at 39) is that we have recovered before and we will recover again. I cried when Keegan left as a six year old and Rush to Juventus was almost as bad.

But we move on and no matter what we will rise again, do not lose hope and have faith in the club.

It may seem like small talk, here on the internet but we are Liverpool and in adversity we shall and have before recovered from worse situations. G&H are gone, Hodgson has gone. We have solvent owners and if we have players dedicated to playing for us there is only one way we can go at the moment and that is up.

It's the same all over. The manc lost Tevez to a bitter rival and they've only managed to keep a clearly unhappy Rooney via an extortionate payrise and the rumoured threats from fans. It's one of the things that gets me down about football, you just can't build anything because all of the top players are swayed toward the big wages being offered by three or four clubs in the world.

Guest San Don

What does it say about our ambitions? It says we refused to accept his transfer request. It says we told the player we expect him to honour his contract and his committment to the fans.

What it tells us is this player has been lieing to us about always fulfilling his deals and wanting to win trophies with Liverpool.

I see this player is also allegedly claiming he's been 'verbally intimidated.' By whom exactly?

What this tell us is our club has stood tall in this. The player we idolised has shat on us. That's what this tells us.

Think the club have been strong so far. Henry and his guys are baseball people. In baseball players cannot force a move, pressure a club to sell them or break a contract unless the club decide it by putting the player on contract waivers. THEY ARE UNDER CONTRACT.

Also you do not sell a top player to a rival, that's insane to them. The Red Sox would never sell their top man to the Yankees.

No doubt they will be scratching their heads thinking how the fuck can this guy do this.

Stay strong and then tell him what you are going to do with him in the summer. He is our employee, he is under contract, knuckle down, earn your money, then fuck him off abroad in the summer.

Think the club have been strong so far. Henry and his guys are baseball people. In baseball players cannot force a move, pressure a club to sell them or break a contract unless the club decide it by putting the player on contract waivers. THEY ARE UNDER CONTRACT.

Also you do not sell a top player to a rival, that's insane to them. The Red Sox would never sell their top man to the Yankees.

No doubt they will be scratching their heads thinking how the fuck can this guy do this.

Stay strong and then tell him what you are going to do with him in the summer. He is our employee, he is under contract, knuckle down, earn your money, then fuck him off abroad in the summer.

That would be the ideal outcome but the reality is Torres will end up where he wants.

If the player asks to leave what the fuck do we do, selling Christiano Ronaldo didnt do United any harm. Selling Rush in 1987 didnt do us any harm, or when Souness left in 1984. Everton have got better since Rooney left them, if he wants out lets sell, invest the money in a range of good players to stop us relying on him and him alone to get goals.

this

All I can say (and it still fucking hurts at 39) is that we have recovered before and we will recover again. I cried when Keegan left as a six year old and Rush to Juventus was almost as bad.

But we move on and no matter what we will rise again, do not lose hope and have faith in the club.

It may seem like small talk, here on the internet but we are Liverpool and in adversity we shall and have before recovered from worse situations. G&H are gone, Hodgson has gone. We have solvent owners and if we have players dedicated to playing for us there is only one way we can go at the moment and that is up.

Yeah i agree but thoes teams were awesome this one is not,as for the owners im still bit wary ,its ok spending 22 mill but then they probs have 50 mill comeing in .Not a penny of there own money spent yet, bit strange how we sign a new stiker then our star man wants to leave .I hope this is just a srange twist of fate

This is a common one, often levied against us reds by mancs and others. Truth is it fucking pisses me off. I'm sick and tired of being told I live in the past and Liverpool 'have won nothin for years'.

I got my season ticket in the Kop in 96' just as it went all seater. Since then I've seen us win a treble of cups, been to 2 european cup finals, been to cardiff 7 times to see showpiece finals, and travelled arouund europe seeing us win in the nou camp, san siro and bernabue.

For most clubs that would be considered a golden era. I have spent literally grands watching LFC do me proud and indeed I have had some of the best days of my life seeing us win major trophies and games in the last 2 decades.

I remember coming out of anfield twice in 2005 and being told by my arl fella and then grandad "that's your st.etienne lad" against olympiakos and then chelsea. I travelled to dortmund on a 32 hour round coach trip to see us win a european trophy in germany on a golden own goal in a 9 goal thriller of a game, first and last time it was done, 2 days after seein us win the fa cup in the last minute.

All of this is recent history.

Fuck those who say we aint done nothing for years. Torres and Mascherano would do well to take heed and realise who and what we are. Even in what seems the darkest days is success and joy most others envy. YNWA.

Big clubs come and go, but great clubs will always be great. I'm in my late 50's and for most of my life, the blueshite were probably the third of fourth biggest club in England...but they were never globally loved the way we are or the way the nuggetheads from up the road are.

From what I've seen, Luis Suarez is a cracking player and he would grace any club in the land. If we sell Nando, I'll be upset but with 50 or 60 million quid to spend on top of more investment, then we could completely revolutionise our team. I've been hearing rumours that we want Sturridge as part of the deal, for me he fits the bill..top young player hungry for his chance. Back in the early days of Shanks, we brought in young players desperate to be part of something special...that's what we need again.

Keep the faith my man, even with King Kenny in charge we will have dark days and we aren't going to win the league for a few years but we'll get there... the most important thing is to remember who you are (an LFC fan) and if you need to watch old dvds and videos to do that, then so be it!

YNWA