You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Protest???

Truered

O.K. there has been some talk on here about a protest at the Fulham game.

Before I would never consider that as an option, but after that oh I don't know what it was on Monday something does have to be done.

Question is what??

We are a forum of what 700 people, half of whom probably post on here we are a minority wishing to state our case.

Does Dave U, Chris, Steve H know people from other fanzines than get together and do something for Saturday, only a group show of force will have any effect.

We won't get everyone to agree to do something Saturday but if enough people do it we will be heard, and we have to be heard.

It's wednesday today we need to start planning and liasing with other fans, fanzines now.

What is the purpose of the protest? To let the board know we're not happy? I'm not convinced there's much point . The board know how the fans feel, and cannot be under any illusions as to how deeply it is felt, nor can they believe that its just the opinion of the "phone in fans" who don't go to Anfield. They know how fans who go home and away feel. Despite what it might seem, they are not that stupid - do you think they havent heard the mutterings of the faithful, the boos, seen the banners, read the papers, read or have their people read the message boards? Do you not think the likes of Parry, Moores, Phil Thompson and Sammy Lee are not getting their ears chewed off every weekend around the city?

At the moment, its all about the board keeping their heads down til the summer. Thats what it seems to me anyway. They didn't act a few months ago, so all Moores and Parry can do now is wait til the end of the season, pray like fuck we get 4th - then they'll make their decision. The fear is if we get into the CL qualifiers, they'll keep Houllier, for a while at least. If we get 4th, then we're relying on Houllier to be man enough to leave, or for Moores/Parry to have the balls to sack him. If we don't get 4th, then there's no way GH will be here come August.

End of the day, though I agree with the sentiment, a protest is not going to inform them of anything they dont know about already. Nothing will happen til the summer. What a protest may do is have a negative impact on the club, players and fans alike.

Its time for action. Someone needs to lead an active campaign against this demented French nut. Maybe the board do know how we feel but the signs are that they will not act.

A protest no matter how dispicable would bring down the weight of the media upon Moores and GH and force the board to act.

Guest stevie b

Definately time for action. I am greatly concerned over recent reports that suggest that even if Liverpool do not get 4th place Houllier will be here next season. Absolutely unacceptable. If that happens i will be thinking of a 'Moores out' campaign.

It is not the 'liverpool way' to accept crap like this season after season. Todays Mirror report from David Maddock claimed a protest on there, not sure where that was from. But extreme actions need to be taken if the this manager is in charge next season and the board really need to consider there on actions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_objectid=14144800%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=kop%2dcan%2dt%2dsell%2dout%2d%2d%2dhou%2dwill%2dsell%2doff-name_page.html

(I would modify my post but for some reason I can not)

But we will not know this by the Fulham game....such extreme measures will have to be considered. Are the board quite prepared to accept a loss 4-5 thousand seats revenue week in week out? Come Moores and Parry pull your fingers out. (I will take this back if Houiller is sacked or resigns this summer) but I have a feeling that he will still be in charge as the board as rumour has sanctioned money for him to spend on Cisse/Mexes.

Guest bernadettes_prize_pigeon

What we need to do is support the team! I know it has been s@#t over the past 2 years but the only way we are going to make things better is to get behind the team for 90 minutes a game, every game. No matter how we are playing! The team needs us. Everybody who goes to the game has the duty to help the team reach our goal!!!

Say NO to a protest!!!

I wouldn't put it past that stirring twat Maddock to have made that up. He watches all the forums like a hawk and has probably taken posts like the ones on here a step further to create his "story". This is the very worst thing about where we're at now. Shitbags like him revel in it.

I'm not saying lets not support the team i'm saying that extreme measures will need to be used to get rid of GH if he still is in charge over the summer and the board will need to consider there own positions as well. And a protest will not be a very bright idea at the Fulham game as GH may well be out during the summer.

(But my own thoughts like I said earlier is that he WILL still be here next season)

Guest bernadettes_prize_pigeon

What I'm saying is that we are not supporting the team at all. We only seem to muster up a little support when we go 3 nil up (which is not often!). What I think we should do, starting at the Fulham game is to give the team as much support as possible. Not by just turning up and sitting there in silence for 90 minutes but singing as loud as we possibly can for the whole game. Just like the guys (and gals) up in block 202. Who IMO are fantastic! All of this noise will lift the team and drive them on!!! If you want to voice your opinions/concerns about GH or the board then write a letter to the club or get a petition together. Anything apart from a protest!!!

I sent a letter to Mr.Moores - just got a standard reply about how it has been a " disappointing season " It in no way suggested that GH's position was under threat. Something needs to be done. Sky Sports News at the mo. is saying that Parry says that a 5th place finish will not mark the end for GH and his position is not under threat.

I'm getting more and more ready for a protest. Against Houllier and Moores.

I can understand the need for a protest if all else fails, however, I would be concerned about a precedent being set, whereas every time we hit a bad period we resort to protests. Then we truly are just another average club.

The problem is that many fans now are too young to remember the 60's,70's and 80's were there was no discontent and certainly no need to protest. I am worried that once we start we are sending a message to these fans that protesting is OK when things get bad.

However, my argument is ultimately weakened by the fact that what else can you do when all else fails. Perhaps we should see if GH has gone by the Summer, before thinking about protesting or will it be too late then? A very difficult one this.

What I'm saying is that we are not supporting the team at all. We only seem to muster up a little support when we go 3 nil up (which is not often!). What I think we should do, starting at the Fulham game is to give the team as much support as possible. Not by just turning up and sitting there in silence for 90 minutes but singing as loud as we possibly can for the whole game. Just like the guys (and gals) up in block 202. Who IMO are fantastic! All of this noise will lift the team and drive them on!!! If you want to voice your opinions/concerns about GH or the board then write a letter to the club or get a petition together. Anything apart from a protest!!!

think that the most sensible post I've read on here in a long time ! Suport the team .not anti support the manager .....surely by showing the players support is showing what fans we really are !!!

Gav I would agree with you entirely but I have a horrible feeling Foullier would right out with comments about the fan support and how much we love the team management etc, whatever we do will we used as ammuniation by whatever side wants it.

I will always support the team, however I do not support the management there is a fine line there on how to do it, but there must be a way.

Of course we all want to support the team and we all hate the thought of seemingly becoming another Tottenham but the difficulty is that most of us here categorically do not suport the manager. How can we differentiate between showing support some of the team but not the w@nkers that don't deserve to wear the shirt? Start booing individual players? Perhaps we should just boo their names when they're read out before the match? Horrible and pathetic! SO what do we do? Say nothing and nothing will change. Do something and, at risk of unsettling a few players for the remainder of a worthless seaon (Although I did say perhaps the last game would be a good idea), something will be done by the board.

Saying all that, maybe Foollier will stay, and we'll the premier League next season cos we'll get all the pens we deserve, have zero injuries and make a deal with the FA so as we don't have to play league games after European matches because we get a bit tired!