You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Torres on the other hand has blatantly not given a fuck for ages, and despite the myriad of excuses that have been made for him by fans who didn't want to accept what he was doing, he's now proved it by putting in a transfer request three days before the transfer window shuts in mid season.

Puts a whole new slant on this 'oh look he's playing now that Hodgson has gone and we have a new manager'. He wasn't doing it for Kenny, he was doing it for Chelsea, to prove to them he isn't as shit as he's been showing for months. One of the few exceptions to his shitness was the game against Chelsea. Wonder why.

That's it exactly. I feel a bit guilty about some of the stick Roy got now, to be honest. In spite of his poor tactics, it's very clear that a prick like Marilyn wouldn't have been bothered regardless. It's obvious that he's been talking to Chelsea for months.

Alonso gave his all in every game he played and then moved on. Whether you think he could have stayed or not is an argument no-one is going to win. The fact is, he played his arse off and then left. He did it the right way.

Mascherano was similar up until the whole Man City debacle. He'd wanted out for over a year, and barring a little dip initially he mostly played well and gave his all. He blotted his copybook with the way he forced it through in the end, but by and large he put a shift in and did his job.

Torres on the other hand has blatantly not given a fuck for ages, and despite the myriad of excuses that have been made for him by fans who didn't want to accept what he was doing, he's now proved it by putting in a transfer request three days before the transfer window shuts in mid season.

Puts a whole new slant on this 'oh look he's playing now that Hodgson has gone and we have a new manager'. He wasn't doing it for Kenny, he was doing it for Chelsea, to prove to them he isn't as shit as he's been showing for months. One of the few exceptions to his shitness was the game against Chelsea. Wonder why.

It's quite difficult to avoid that conclusion isn't it? Oh look Chelsea want me I'll suddenly pull my head out of my own arse for a couple of weeks.

Guest PurpleNose
I'm not sure that's true. The squad was average. Still is. There was no money available in the summer - or not enough to make enough of a difference. I'm not sure if Kenny had been installed in summer we would have been much better off than we are now.

We've been better since he has been installed.

What makes you think he'd have been as horrendously fucking shit as Hodgson was?

Actually, he did work for Benitez - for a whole season in fact AND arguably his best season.

He demonstrated a degree of professionalism that hasn't been replicated by Torres - despite not thinking much of the manager he produced performance after performance. When he realised Benitez wouldn't be leaving at the end of the season after all, he decided he had to get out.

His leaving is inevitible and has been since it was clear (under our shite former manager) that we weren't finishing fourth.

Thought this too, but that's what bugs me. We're 12 points off Chelsea, and that's if they win their game in hand. They're having problems and could drop a lot more points before we're done, and now we have potentially one of the best strike partnerships in the world. Why not stay and attempt to bridge that gap for the last four months? It's a huge challenge, but if he plays as well as he can until the end of the season we can all know that he put one last effort in to get us back into the CL against all the odds, and if we made it he could leave with a lot more dignity, which would make all of us happier.

I don't think he should leave like this and would like him to have the chance to redeem himself if even slightly, because for this to end this way completely sucks. I think he might stay until summer, and he'll clearly not be liked by many any more, but it'll be grudgingly accepted if he just gets on with it for the last few months and helps us out. Rather that than for him to leave hated.

Don't want go all over this again, but I am just staggered that some people on here blame anyone but Torres for this mess.

Purslow

Previous owners

Lack of money etc.

Him talking about 'intimidation' etc.

The facts are that he put in a transfer request three days before the end of the window at a time when a lot of his 'issues' are being addressed: We have a class manager, new owners who have just agreed the second-most expensive transfer in our history. The previous owners were at the club when he signed, he stayed for three years under them but NOW wverything has changed?

Fuck off.

I have said many times, I have no problems with players leaving, but do it properly and do not leave a club which is paying you 100,000 a week in the lurch.

I do hope the club stand their ground and keep him until the summer at least.

Footballers...a bunch of dickheads.

Could it be that he put the transferrequest in to put pressure on the owners so they would get their finger out and sort the Suarez deal out.

Could it be that he didnt want to see another window pass by with no one of decent quality coming in the door? And finally; this would be the only story that would save his ass in the eyes of the fans should he stick around?

Hell, Ive really been looking forward to see him alongside Suarez tearing the mancs appart on Anfield, once and for all ending Fergies unbeaten record this season.

Guest PurpleNose
Read what I wrote again.

I don't think we would have been massively better. I'm fairly sure we wouldn't have been worse.

Have read your post again, reads exactly as it did first time.

We had a terrible manager, now we don't. In a short space of time we've seen the difference in style of football, and then, rather predictably, results.

Which is why I find it strange anyone would think we wouldn't have been much better off had we appointed Dalglish in the summer.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter now. Hodgson has gone, and I am most definately over it.

The bottom line is we can blame whoever we like, be that Purslow, Hodgson even H+G, it still boils down to the fact Torres has treated this club with total contempt by handing in a transfer request with three days of the window left.

I hope this has a galvanising effect, Atletico became a much stronger side after they sold Torres. As long as we use the money wisely I won't be too upset.

I agree with Dave U 100%

Lets also remember Stevie G only put in a transfer request after being fucked around by Rick Parry and to be fair to David Moores he sorted it out imediately.

This is probably the number one betrayal by any player in the clubs history hence why I am so relaxed about him leaving, there is no way back for him now.

This is how I feel. Worse than Owen, worse than Masch, about 10000000000 times worse than either Alonso or Gerrard, who didn't actually do anything wrong for different reasons.

Absolutely no way back

No one is biugger than LFC

Stop Crying the club have said where they stand Kenny wont sell to a rival. The fact is yhes been shit this season and your crying that he may be leaving yes he is one of our best players so what hes been a cunt this season hanging his head down every game he has frustrated me the most of any player this season now the timing is very shite the choice of team is worse but 60 million is a lot of money we could do allot with it. Anyways Torres is here has a contract he will be forced to see it through at least to the summer. We have to let HIM know we are unhappy maybe silence if and when he scores? Boo him in games but please stop with the crying we are better than that we have to put our faith in the club personally id love a foreign club to come in last min and take him hopefully soon enough for us to spend what we make.

Could it be that he put the transferrequest in to put pressure on the owners so they would get their finger out and sort the Suarez deal out.

Could it be that he didnt want to see another window pass by with no one of decent quality coming in the door? And finally; this would be the only story that would save his ass in the eyes of the fans should he stick around?

Hell, Ive really been looking forward to see him alongside Suarez tearing the mancs appart on Anfield, once and for all ending Fergies unbeaten record this season.

The poor soul, I can feel his pain.

So....because all this has suddenly occurred to him, he hands in a transfer request to force through a move to a side 10 point off the top who will need a major rebuilding job because the averrage age is around 30.

As for 'a story' to save his reputation, how about the truth and how about stop sulking and playing a bit more of the football we know he is capable of? Preferably as of last August.

Really not much to ask.

And if he leaves : can we please manage to be a bit faster at sorting our transfers out before 11pm monday night, because if we can't and Suarez ends up injured, we're back to square one.

Not just that mate, hasnt Suarez been out of action for over a month? Due to Winter break and his ban?

Even without all that, he will take time to get used to the prem. Torres is a little shit, he has really (tried) to drop us in it here.

simply no way back for him i think he will go before monday. he could have kept going till the summer and then move on really fucking annoying.the way he has treated the club.is no diffrent to a certain michael owen.when he left

And he ended up winning nothing for the rest of his career. What are the odds?

It´s clear that nando wanted for leave for a months now. His transfer request came so late probably just because he waited until club finds some replacement for him.

It´s the only reason how can I see his timing so late, the day we signed Suarez.

You´ll never know with this hispanians...

And if he leaves : can we please manage to be a bit faster at sorting our transfers out before 11pm monday night, because if we can't and Suarez ends up injured, we're back to square one.

I don't think Torres will be allowed to leave before Suarez has completed his medical and the deal done and dusted.